Ibiza- When do we call it a day.. if ever?

Well this was my first year to Ibiza and though there are many other places in the world i want to see, i was quite taken by the fact that this island holds so much inspiration and happiness. I have never seen so many smiling people utterly enjoying life and that truely touched me. So with those pictures in my mind for the forseeable future i will return again and again. It really is a beautiful island... like puppylover said so much more than just the clubbing.. Although in all honesty that was the reason i went in the first place lol! ;) :D

taking into account that music is my life and i want to to it for a career,,i will probably be going for the rest of my life. 8)

NITEFLY said:
taking into account that music is my life and i want to to it for a career,,i will probably be going for the rest of my life. 8)

There's nothing like being honest :!:

my ghost will probably stalk the island. Be floating round theisladnd chanting 'morillo, and '/

so nothing much will vhnage in my aferlife :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an interesting topic, for me anyway, as I am wondering when will I grow up as I am the wrong the wrong side of 30 (34)!!

In some respects, I feel lucky to have been involved in the scene in 1989, and saw the whole dance thing mushroom in a few small years. I stopped going to clubs regularly a good few years back. 3 1/2 years ago moved to Jersey, realised how boring the place was and started hoping over to London for clubbing weekends, and Ibiza every year. For me it will be time to give in when my misus (6 years my junior or is it 7) starts to be embarrassed about me one the dance floor/ table tops!!! At the moment she is the one to beat a retreat first one every occasion.

:D :D :D :D

happyman said:
They are round, small and come in pink and white colour variations.

They are bitter to taste and have logos on them.

They make you love evryone and want to dance & dance & dance & dance.& dance &...... ;)

I knew they were drugs but still can't work out what word he was calling them. :confused:

I wanna carry on goin every year but i know my mates wont want to :( as they gettin on and starting to settle down with partners etc. Im younger than all of them, only 22. I'd love to spend at least one summer out there :p

mambobirdette said:
I wanna carry on goin every year but i know my mates wont want to :( as they gettin on and starting to settle down with partners etc. Im younger than all of them, only 22. I'd love to spend at least one summer out there :p

I just get off on my own! Meet lots of people there anyway- usually the same people every year :)

Do you think that in 50 years Ibiza will be like somewhere like Bournemouth and be full of old people, but full of scary gurning old people having it large?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Scoobie said:
Do you think that in 50 years Ibiza will be like somewhere like Bournemouth and be full of old people, but full of scary gurning old people having it large?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Interesting! :eek:

glasgow-chick said:
happyman said:

They make you love evryone and want to dance & dance & dance & dance.& dance &...... ;)

I knew they were drugs but still can't work out what word he was calling them. :confused:

SHIZ-NIK :)

happyman said:
glasgow-chick said:
happyman said:

*beep*-NIK :)

S-H-I-Z-N-I-K

happyman said:
He is turning 30 next year and is therefore saying it will be his last trip. He is expecting his third child too and wants to call it a day. Not because he wants to but because he reakons it all has to end sometime and 30 seems like a pretty good cut off point to him.

thats just plain silly.

considering quite a number of dj's are older than 30...does that mean they need to call it a day.

your as old as you want to be....at least in spirit.

sounds to me like hes using the family settling down as an excuse. Fair do's if he's had enough, but something tells me he'll be back :D

This year was my first out in ibiza , and me and my bf r planning to go back in 2004.

I wonder when ibiza will totaly lose its clubbing image, cause a good thing cant last 4 eva :cry:

I was talking to a mate about this, she is 9 years older than me ( im a baby at 20 lol!) and she reckons ibiza is dying off and it was loads better years ago

what do u lot think :?:

Lusha said:
I was talking to a mate about this, she is 9 years older than me ( im a baby at 20 lol!) and she reckons ibiza is dying off and it was loads better years ago

what do u lot think :?:

If we all had a penney for every time someone posted about the place being so much better years ago, we could all buyu villas over there!!

Dying off!!!

If you were in Pacha on 01/09 or 05/09 or 10/09 or at Bora Bora on any day, or at any Space after parties, I'm sure they wouldn't say it was dying orf :D :D :D

in 10 years time people will be saying...."were you in ibiza back in 2003 ?? it was magic back then. aint as good nowadays..."

:)

the point is, there were also bad times in the past too with regards to the type of vibe and music being played in the clubs.

the past is the past.

its the people of the present that make the 'now' what it is.....

Back