Ibiza Vlogs

There was a time not THAT long ago when the content of every other written clubbing holiday review on here was essentially this @Amp and Deck , many with a focus on the cocktail of drugs which had been taken for the occasion and the adventures acquiring same ! There's a bit more of a human element at least with a video format in comparison and less fixation on drugs due to VLOGs being hosted on Youtube or Vimeo !!! Think most VLOGgers do it as a souvenir for themselves primarily but there's definitely viewing interest in a niche forum like this for people who can identify with the places a clubbing marathon so often takes them and experiences they have themselves.

You've got a very valid point on the format - VLOGs are perfect for weaving in an interesting balance of other stuff going on in Ibiza. Might even encourage people to share alternative experiences and pursuits so others are more inspired to do different things. Not everyone's an amateur presenter or video editor though, and people are on holiday rather than making documentaries, so there's a balance to be struck !

I hear you - I guess I'm just aying I would've done it differently myself. I wasn't suggesting that some holidaymaker should try and be Attenborough (fun as that would be!)

Yep DC10 was ok in the garden but after that music stopped in that area and from about 11ish...well the Terrace turned into a mosh. I literally had to force through to a decent spot and basically everyone was just stuck together...of course while you are all stuck together and trying to dance you have people wading through the crowed so it means you cannot really focus on the music or dancing

Elrow was a hazard! First time I seen a queue for the males toilet starting at the bottom of the stairs. It would take 5 minutes to get from the back of the terrace to the smoking/chill out area.

I would never do Circoloco or Elrow again

Yeah definitely agree being stuck to people at DC10, thinking back to it, it did ruin the night & music wasn't as strong I thought. But Last year Circoloco was decent.

They need to move Elrow to Privilage I think. Aha yeah I was shocked to queue for the lads toilets aswell. Girls were flying in & out, oh and queuing for the lads toilets for DC!0 too!

Vlogging does require a lot of time and effort that is for sure... But I am really enjoying it the better I feel I am getting at it and the quicker I am getting at editing.

When I first put a work out vid together it took the best part of half a day...and looking back the final render was terrible and the quality of the footage due to the camera I had at the time meant it wasn't enjoyable to view

Over time and as I invest more into hardware equipment I will make more of an effort to get better shots and more detailed and quality vlogs.... At the minute I am just using my Samsung S8

Like anything, keep practicing & for sure skills will keep improving. It really isn't that easy dealing with media files at first, I keep running away from it due to the sheer time involved getting stuff to work.

S8 ? I just upgraded to an S5 :lol::lol: ... can't come to terms with not being able to swap a battery out in seconds so could't get anything later !

By the way, watched Part 2 now - you and your snickers lol. Chavder seemed well up for a party after you'd killed yourselves on the first night out there ..

It was the busiest weeks of the Season and both Elrow and Circoloco were always going to be impossibly busy and a crush. Elrow isn't the maverick after hours in Barcelona with spontaneous madness and a bunch of largely Spanish misfits any more. Even at Vista in its first 'Ibiza edition' year it was great. Since Space the Ibiza edition became a choreographed stage production of epic proportions, a giant money-making machine churning punters through like sausage meat. Balcony ticket at Amnesia (if there are any ?) probably only hope on the busiest nights - a bit like Cream used to be ! IR pool party was likely a lot better and much more suited to the 'Elrow' thing tbh.

Don't write off Circoloco over the Terrace scrum on the busiest night outside the closing. In early and late Season it's different - nearly never went back after a Closing experience up there with my worst in Ibiza ever, assaulted by Security just standing in line to get in and unable to walk through the garden without stepping on a corpse. When eventually coaxed back on a better night I had a great time again and could even dance on the Terrace. Ket kids killed the London scene long before the authorities started shutting venues down left right and centre. No doubt a stack of them out there last week. Just have to steer clear of the magnets for them when they are out there in such numbers.

Garrix - now come on, don't tell me that was any surprise. Not going to get a dance club atmosphere at a concert-style show playing Radio choonz to 2000 people trying not to get camera shake on their mobile phones ! :lol::lol::lol: You'd get a better boogie on your balcony !

Resistance - ALMOST went. But was partied out by then. EE's not my bag he bored me senseless at Social last year (and Elrow) , but wAFF can rock it. Maybe they set each other off, sounds like that was a good craic. Most successful night after the weekend ?

Benimussa - not the best, all in all !

3 big club misses or near-misses out of 4 would be a tad frustrating at those prices :?: At least Sunset with a bottle and friends rarely lets you down, and doesn't leave a burning hole in your pocket either. It's the afters and 'extras' in August that are the big draw as so much on offer. Shame the Space thing was a let-down, had the potential to be something really great but that weather no doubt didn't help.

I hear you - I guess I'm just saying I would've done it differently myself. I wasn't suggesting that some holidaymaker should try and be Attenborough (fun as that would be!)

Fun indeed.... and looking forward to it :twisted:

Last edited:
Yeah definitely agree being stuck to people at DC10, thinking back to it, it did ruin the night & music wasn't as strong I thought. But Last year Circoloco was decent.

They need to move Elrow to Privilage I think. Aha yeah I was shocked to queue for the lads toilets aswell. Girls were flying in & out, oh and queuing for the lads toilets for DC!0 too!

Elrow 100% makes sense at Priv....I don't know why they didn't realise that after how busy it was at Space.

The reason there are queues for the toilets at DC1- is because everyone back and forth sniffing

Last edited:
I hear you - I guess I'm just aying I would've done it differently myself. I wasn't suggesting that some holidaymaker should try and be Attenborough (fun as that would be!)

This would be hilarious

I see my vlogs as the new version of the photo album which my parents used to get printed after every holiday - just there as a reminder of the amazing time we had!

It's taken me a few days, but mine are now edited (3 parts so could keep them less than 10mins a piece) and they'll be uploaded soon! We're currently uploading the UK section of our holiday Vlogs, so there's a bit of back-log!

Elrow 100% makes sense at Priv....I don't know why they didn't realise that after how busy it was at Space.

The reason there are queues for the toilets at DC1- is because everyone back and forth sniffing

Haha yeah makes sense with the sniffers now!

@Life of Rye how does it work with the people who go on holiday with you and your vlog? Do you agree content with them before posting, discuss it beforehand with them, are they all okay with you videoing them etc?

From a quick look at it they don't seem to be bothered, but from a purely personal point of view I wouldn't be happy if one of my crowd was filming everything that we did - I actively avoid photos when there's a group out, never mind a video :lol:

I can imagine all the comments are hating on me recording and not jumping in...I have seen a lot of that

I wonder if all this news got back to the driver and the two Spanish street fighters

@Malk - In my Ibiza vid of July I left a lot out at the request of one person.....The August vid I had one person who wanted scenes of her not included though. Most of the time no one cares but they can become a little camera shy or don't really play along though they're getting more used to it

@Life of Rye how does it work with the people who go on holiday with you and your vlog? Do you agree content with them before posting, discuss it beforehand with them, are they all okay with you videoing them etc?

From a quick look at it they don't seem to be bothered, but from a purely personal point of view I wouldn't be happy if one of my crowd was filming everything that we did - I actively avoid photos when there's a group out, never mind a video :lol:

Probably the same for Rye, but people who are spending time with me generally know there's going to be some vlogging going on. If they say to me they don't want to be in it (with a legit reason - not just a bad hair day) then I won't put them in.

And I don't film anything incriminating so there's never a worry of anything bad going onto YouTube lol!

Back