Ibiza Parties 2009 season start - Any comments/reviews yet?

Anyone else with me think that the big clubs are just nothing like as good as the smaller places now?

Id much much rather spend a night at Underground rather than the over-rated ****hole that is Space nowadays.

Last time i went was last year. What the **** has happened to that place? It used to be such a good vibe etc, now its just another run of the mill "cut-out" Ibiza club. It has nothing good compared to the other clubs, whatsoever.

I really do wonder why people go on about it. It was AMAZING in 98-2000. Now its all under cover it has nothing to offer.

Just an overpriced, over inflated Marketing mans plaything. Anyone paying 50 odd euros to get into that place needs their head read

i agree with you,except for the price:it was always very expensive.it was in 1994 the first year i went,and it is still today

Price's don't bother me, I mean I only go there once a year for a week so just save up. The high price keeps all the chavs in the west end so that's surely a good thing. If space was free to get in then it would be full of chavs.

Price's don't bother me, I mean I only go there once a year for a week so just save up. The high price keeps all the chavs in the west end so that's surely a good thing. If space was free to get in then it would be full of chavs.

Prices dont bother me either. Thats not the point i was making. I was saying that Space is rubbish and really nothing special at all.

As for the chavs point. To be honest, i would much MUCH rather spend my time in a club with some people from San Antonio than some of the people that spend time in Ibiza simply to look good. And that is a huge demographic now. Particularly some of the workers set and the absolute dicks you get staying in PDB.

In the last few years ive seen Ibiza turn from a hedontic playground where 90% of the people were on the same level and there to simply let go and have a laugh, to what i see now. And by that I mean at least 50 - 75% of people clubbing are preening clueless muppets who think they are the bollocks cos they're in DC10 or space.

Just go to space on a sunday. Just watch them.

Alot of people go on about "beer-boys" and "chavs" on this site. Well, they're a damn site better than the 22 year old twat that brings his records to ibiza thinking he'll get a gig and is a bedroom dj, and puts "DJ" before his name on DSI.

Prices dont bother me either. Thats not the point i was making. I was saying that Space is rubbish and really nothing special at all.

As for the chavs point. To be honest, i would much MUCH rather spend my time in a club with some people from San Antonio than some of the people that spend time in Ibiza simply to look good. And that is a huge demographic now. Particularly some of the workers set and the absolute dicks you get staying in PDB.

In the last few years ive seen Ibiza turn from a hedontic playground where 90% of the people were on the same level and there to simply let go and have a laugh, to what i see now. And by that I mean at least 50 - 75% of people clubbing are preening clueless muppets who think they are the bollocks cos they're in DC10 or space.

Alot of people go on about "beer-boys" and "chavs" on this site. Well, they're a damn site better than the 22 year old twat that brings his records to ibiza thinking he'll get a gig and is a bedroom dj, and puts "DJ" before his name on DSI.

I have been to all the clubs on the Island apart from DC10. To be honest I didn't look around at what people where there. I just had a good time. And no I am not one of these "look at me" people 8)

What are good small clubs to go to? wouldn;t mind trying some this year but dont really know where to start. Am staying in Ibiza Town...any there or are they all in San An?

Some excellent points Tom, there is definately a lot of clubbing snobbery\elitism out there.

I havent been to ibiza yet, but i imagine wannabe DJs would make a better atmosphere than a bunch of "chavs" who just bounce around being drunk and loud.

are you saying the atmosphere at San an is better than that of PDB?

I havent been to ibiza yet, but i imagine wannabe DJs would make a better atmosphere than a bunch of "chavs" who just bounce around being drunk and loud.

Surely you're not saying that in San Antonio people bounce around being drunk and loud!!!!?

Id say about 1-5% of those people hammered would be bouncing around. The vast majority are people out having a laugh.

Wanabee DJs are far far worse. Put it this way. Take your average pub DJ. Stick him in Ibiza with a few records. Then listen to him bang on about how he knows X, Y and Z.

You'd rather do that than have a good time!!!?

Interesting...

You saying that you don't get drunk when you go out on holiday and sometimes end up a bit loud??

I've always found San An fine. You can have as much or as little of the west end as you like! If you just want Bar M, Sunset Strip etc etc, then you can stay clear of the west end.

Who nows though, you may end up necking a few shots and enjoying yourself there :p

Twats vs ****ers, which is worse?!?!?

Edit: I always thought everyone was self censoring on here, didn't realise the board did it for them :lol: I meant onanists.

You saying that you don't get drunk when you go out on holiday and sometimes end up a bit loud??

I've always found San An fine. You can have as much or as little of the west end as you like! If you just want Bar M, Sunset Strip etc etc, then you can stay clear of the west end.

Who nows though, you may end up necking a few shots and enjoying yourself there :p

don't get me wrong, i for one am going to get wasted in Ibiza, probably more then i should. But my point is i would rather be around people who are into the music than gangs of belligerents.

anyway...

so is the PDB crowd alot more "posh" than the San an crowd? i thought aside fomr Jetts it was pretty much a ghost town

I stay in pdb when i'm in ibiza, so does that make me a dick?
Thats quite a sweeping statement.
The reason me and my friends stay there is we are a little older than the 18-30 crowd (i.e i'm 38) and it suits us a little more there a little more relaxed.But without a doubt i love house music and have done for twenty years or so.

don't get me wrong, i for one am going to get wasted in Ibiza, probably more then i should. But my point is i would rather be around people who are into the music than gangs of belligerents.

anyway...

so is the PDB crowd alot more "posh" than the San an crowd? i thought aside fomr Jetts it was pretty much a ghost town

Its not "posher", it just appears to attract far far more people who think they are in the know.

You know, the type that queue for much longer on the guest list, purely cos its "the guest list" you know!

I just find it attracts silly little snobby idiots who think they know house music better than anyone else cos they know the name of a track.

Its not everyone there though.

I spose you could say San An attracts more first timers and the 18-30 set (which i should add are a perfectly good bunch and damn site more fun and nicer than the people you used to get at DC10 ****ed on ketamine)
And PdB attracts more of the mixmag set.

Ibiza town is the "poshest" i spose

Es Vive is the way forward!

Nothing wrong with wannabe DJ's

All DJ's were wannabes in the past.

Look at Sam Divine, She started of playing little bars on the isle, then Hush, now signed for Defected and playing at Pacha!!

I would be the type you class as "wannabe" I DJ at home because I enjoy my house music. Yes I may have a look at the DJ booth when in Ibiza and comment on tunes etc but that's because we are part of the sae DJ'ing culture. Ibiza is a DJ's heaven - All the music you like with not a hint of RnB 8)

Just because Bedroom DJ's go to Ibiza does not mean they are tw*ts as someone put.

Surely you're not saying that in San Antonio people bounce around being drunk and loud!!!!?

Id say about 1-5% of those people hammered would be bouncing around. The vast majority are people out having a laugh.

Wanabee DJs are far far worse. Put it this way. Take your average pub DJ. Stick him in Ibiza with a few records. Then listen to him bang on about how he knows X, Y and Z.

You'd rather do that than have a good time!!!?

Interesting...

toms

it is obvious you have fallen out with ibiza. times move on, maybe you shoud too! why do you come on here harping back to the olden days? they wont be coming back so look to the future. still has loads to offer.

i was in space in the late 90s and last year too. its a different club but still offers a good night

Nothing wrong with wannabe DJ's

All DJ's were wannabes in the past.

Look at Sam Divine, She started of playing little bars on the isle, then Hush, now signed for Defected and playing at Pacha!!

I would be the type you class as "wannabe" I DJ at home because I enjoy my house music. Yes I may have a look at the DJ booth when in Ibiza and comment on tunes etc but that's because we are part of the sae DJ'ing culture. Ibiza is a DJ's heaven - All the music you like with not a hint of RnB 8)

Just because Bedroom DJ's go to Ibiza does not mean they are tw*ts as someone put.

You are in no way part of the "DJing culture". You are someone who knows the names of tunes.

End. Of. Story.

Dont try and pretend you know what you're talking about. Its painful.

Back