Ibiza or Las Vegas.. where is the REAL party at?

I went to Vegas once and have zero desire to return. I've been to Ibiza 15 times and will always return. Partying should not be about flashing the cash it should be about being into the music, getting on with fellow human beings and doing what the f*** you want to do. For all Ibiza has changed it will always have something magical that attracts me and will always be beautiful and have a soul. Something Vegas will never gave and I shudder to think what the music is like over there!

i just came from las vegas last month
totally different no way you can compare the two city ,,, ibiza better in many way the people is number 1 reason why ibiza is better .. the club line up for example in vegas if you want to go clubbing you go just for one dj same as calvin harris in hakkasan while in ibiza calvin play with r3hab g.t.a and many name and in the same club there are other party ,,, ibiza win in every thing basically
we go to club to have fun wear you short and go while in vegas you should wear to impress the people.. i been to vegas more than ibiza but ibiza its what my heart love ,,,, i know that vegas nowadays are winning some dj but f*** them tiesto then i think calvin will follow him i dont care ibiza will still the best city ,,, vegas wil still a very good city the show hotel that its all the year open is the best thing in vegas but still ibiza all the way

I have been to both and even though Vegas was amazing, Ibiza wins. You can't beat Ushuaia, which by the way is one of the best beach bars in the world http://goo.gl/gS6BcC

I think Ibiza has everything you could wish for if you want the ultimate clubbing holiday.

this sums it up in one sentence. The only place i have been that rivals Ibiza clubs is Berlin.

Berlin tops it by miles for me in terms an ultimate clubbing break. What I like most about Ibiza and draws me back again and again is everything that's not in the clubs / bars - and then you get to dip in and out of some fantastic clubs as a bonus, which pretty much makes for a perfect package overall.

In Berlin I can enter a club (no names mentioned) and emerge 18 hours later, less than bankrupt, having absconded the Winter chill for pretty much days on end. Something I'd never consider doing these days with everything Ibiza has to offer when you stumble out into the sunshine and see the sea beckoning from just down the road... even if it were possible to party straight through for those sorts of periods.

I just returned from a week las vegas. have been visiting ibiza 7 times. Ibiza or Las vegas??? that's even not a question!!!
Las vegas is cool for a visit and a must see, it has a great vibe. But compared to Ibiza.... The beaches only, dalt villa, the sunsets!!! And not to mention the clubbing culture. The poolparties in vegas were cool. But the clubs are horrible! Only EDM-music, vip-culture all the way, no good atmosphere. it reminded me of Jershey shore! There's a packed dancefloor surrounded by only vip-boxex/tables. It's all about the $$$$, compared to vegas even ushuaia isn't vip at all!!
At a poolparty a guy got set up because I was splashing water and he got some drops on his t-shirt! how awfull to get wet at a poolparty :spank:
And offcourse there's the music. Before i went I knew Avicii, afrojack, calving harris, steve aoki,... were playing, totaly not my cup of tea. One night, there was a late night set by jamie jones at marquee starting at 02:00, i waited till 02:45 no jamie, i couldn't stand it anymore (dash berlin of something was playing). Avicii was in his way cool to hear for this one time. But music-wise it's a big no for me, but that's personal. If EDM, tiesto, guetta, afrojack and those guys are you thing, it's definetly a good choice.

I've been to vegas once, and it will probably be also the last visit (maybe a short visit for 2-3 days if staying in a nearby city), but for ibiza??? :twisted::twisted::twisted:;););)

I...LOVE....VEGAS!!!!!!!!!.............but Ibiza still wins. Here is why I think so. Ibiza has better music, better djs,house parties, boat parties,beaches,water sports, and a more intimate setting. Ibiza is non-stop partying for all age groups while Vegas is more of a weekend getaway consisting of a younger crowd as far as partying goes.

Ibiza: Bliss,ebullience,divinity, Heaven
Vegas: Debauched, hedonistic, morally bankrupt, Hell

Both sound like fun to me.

A friend told me partying was about Sex,Drugs, and House music, So I'll use those three as comparisons
MUSIC
The major clubs in Vegas are commercial as far as music goes. It is best to avoid most of the major electronic clubs in Vegas for two reasons: The people who attend go to see the dj, not hear them, and you will see very little dancing and a lot of recording and selfies (lame). Stay away from the more mainstream joints and you are bound to run into some good ol' Vegas filth at the bars and lobby.

Ibiza completely shits on Vegas in the realm of music.The shining, flickering lights and cute go-go dancers,that Vegas provides, serve as nothing more than a distraction from shitty music that consists of mundane buildups and predictable drops (Hardwell). Its a Good distraction for some, but I'm all about the music.

Ibiza has a variety of party favors:lol: (if thats your thing), while Vegas will make sure you drink their overpriced alcohol, and will thoroughly frisk you before entering any of the beach clubs. But people make more mistakes when they are tore up drunk in Vegas, which can be good or bad depending on who you are :twisted:. Drinking alcohol for a week straight is just not healthy (sarcasm) Ibiza FTW!

Strip clubs are not really my thing, but Sapphire in Vegas is worth mentioning. It is the worlds biggest strip club. This club has over 500 girls, which is beyond overkill. I just don't make enough money to send all those girls through college. If you are into P4P, well Vegas wins again. You can go to this place and literally taste the rainbow if you wanted to. Everything is for sale in Vegas.

For some guys, picking up chicks is a very important part of choosing of vacay destination, so it should be mentioned briefly

One myth that needs to go away is that Ibiza has hotter women. Ibiza has good looking women, but it just cannot compete because Vegas has higher diversity amongst its tourists. Whenever I party in Vegas, there is always a plethora of foreign Central Americans, Japanese,Aussie, Brazilian, Israeli, and Persian women. Not to mention the hot girls from Southern California.

Sausage fests are a big no no in LV. Some guys are only concerned with picking up and I feel that Vegas does well in this area....and I honestly don't know why. I think that the whole "what happens in Vegas" thing is taken to the extreme. Maybe it's the good ratio and copious amounts of alcohol.

It seems that Ibiza is more centered around the music which is precisely why I go. Not saying a guy can't go there to pull just as in Vegas. I just can't speak accurately on the matter considering I've only visited once and was having way too much fun meeting new people and hearing the best music.

Vegas doesn't really care to go any deeper down the rabbit hole of electronic music. It's just cashing in on the scene right now. I don't think there will be another Ibiza any time soon.

Last edited:
Can't believe nobody mentioned the 'all day all you can eat buffet' that are everywhere in vegas. I only ever saw one in ibiza and that was for Chinese food.:eek: Which I don't eat.

Can't believe nobody mentioned the 'all day all you can eat buffet' that are everywhere in vegas. I only ever saw one in ibiza and that was for Chinese food.:eek: Which I don't eat.

Awful food!

4559922689_a0e2a28741_m.jpg

Awful food!

4559922689_a0e2a28741_m.jpg

there are a couple of awesome buffets but they are like $30-40.... Cosmopolitan and Caesars Palace and Encore/Wynn are the one's i'd recommend you check out.

and FYI the Carl Cox residency at Light has exceeded expectations in terms of business/revenue.

Boozed-up self-important blokes showing off to empty-headed totty at swimming pools. Ghastly music and a load of posing tourists in clubs, surrounded by corporate pr!cks throwing (other peoples') money around behind velvet ropes. Cardboard people having cardboard sex. Overblown extravagance in the most tasteless way. Unless you're a complusive gambler, or a fan of all that, I've never understood the draw of Las Vegas.

Boozed-up self-important blokes showing off to empty-headed totty at swimming pools. Ghastly music and a load of posing tourists in clubs, surrounded by corporate pr!cks throwing (other peoples') money around behind velvet ropes. Cardboard people having cardboard sex. Overblown extravagance in the most tasteless way. Unless you're a complusive gambler, or a fan of all that, I've never understood the draw of Las Vegas.

40 millions visitors per year say they are doing something quite right there.

you comments have some accuracy to the club scene but remember most people go to Vegas and just shop, gamble, go to shows or concerts, eat at world class restaurants, lay out at the non-club pools, etc. And besides having fun at a club is what you make of it, not what some other people are doing.

most of the people i hear comparing vegas to ibiza are the djs themselves. I live in LA and go to Vegas regularly and have a blast, as do almost all of my friends. But none of us would say its a replacement for Ibiza... and it never will be. Its different in its own way. If you are having a bad time in Vegas you are doing it wrong.

Back