Ibiza on a shoestring?

Just noticed my next trip is with an airline that gives you either 6kg or 8kg in-cabin allowance. I won't put stuff in the hold due to the cost and the high chance of it ending up in Oslo, so I might end up the first afternoon trying to buy towels, t-shirts etc etc if my normal gear has to be ditched for weight! I know there are cheap shops around the bus stops to buy stuff I can buy once and chuck (not very environmentally friendly).
I'm bringing my own aqua-shoes as flip-flops don't cut it for me (well, they cut my feet when they fail) and the go-pro rather than full-on camera (loopy photos here we come). Does that count as shoe-string??
Anyway, shoe-string question (and I am aware there's a Decathlon but it's out-of-town) where can I buy aqua shoes for the same price as at home (ie less than a tenner)?? Cheers

Don't stress mate I fly Thomas Cook & Thomson loads they both have stupidly low handluggage weight parameters and I always fly with a rucksack containing laptop and irreplaceables that weighs about 12kg or more. Plus a 20kg suitcase in the hold full of gear ! Put shoes etc. in a bag for life and pretend it's from airside shops (WH Smith cover bag works a treat).

Don't stress mate I fly Thomas Cook & Thomson loads they both have stupidly low handluggage weight parameters and I always fly with a rucksack containing laptop and irreplaceables that weighs about 12kg or more. Plus a 20kg suitcase in the hold full of gear ! Put shoes etc. in a bag for life and pretend it's from airside shops (WH Smith cover bag works a treat).
Yeah, I have never had my on-board bag checked for size or weight.....yet!! The heavies, like the phone/camera/tablet go in the hand bag just in case the main bag does get checked.

Yeah, I have never had my on-board bag checked for size or weight.....yet!! The heavies, like the phone/camera/tablet go in the hand bag just in case the main bag does get checked.
That low hand luggage allowance outs me off flying with TC and TUI

Kitchen sink:D

That low hand luggage allowance outs me off flying with TC and TUI
What bothers me more is the short time you have to check-in online. 24 hrs before you go, and it also means checking in at your resort to go home; I would rather have paper tickets that I can print at home for both legs. Basically I don't trust myself with downloading a ticket - firstly it will be the day the hotel internet's down, or my tablet will have died, or I will put the download in the wrong folder and then can't find it, and strolling up to the gate my battery will be flat (or it will be constantly updating android apps...) and my hands will be too full with bag, passport, wallet....

Even Ryanair give you longer!! Grrr..and so pointless nowadays.

What bothers me more is the short time you have to check-in online. 24 hrs before you go, and it also means checking in at your resort to go home; I would rather have paper tickets that I can print at home for both legs. Basically I don't trust myself with downloading a ticket - firstly it will be the day the hotel internet's down, or my tablet will have died, or I will put the download in the wrong folder and then can't find it, and strolling up to the gate my battery will be flat (or it will be constantly updating android apps...) and my hands will be too full with bag, passport, wallet....

Even Ryanair give you longer!! Grrr..and so pointless nowadays.

Just print out your booking and take it with with you. Hand over at the desk if you haven't checked in online before getting to the airport.

Just print out your booking and take it with with you. Hand over at the desk if you haven't checked in online before getting to the airport.
I'll do that going, coming back I'm not sure how I will get it printed unless the hotel has a printer and public PC or there's an internet cafe with printer. Two or three years ago there seemed to be an internet cafe on every street, last time I went there seemed much fewer (or maybe with bars having free wifi I didn't look!) so I'll have a look round when I arrive.

I'll do that going, coming back I'm not sure how I will get it printed unless the hotel has a printer and public PC or there's an internet cafe with printer. Two or three years ago there seemed to be an internet cafe on every street, last time I went there seemed much fewer (or maybe with bars having free wifi I didn't look!) so I'll have a look round when I arrive.
Electronic boarding pass?They have an app you can download and do it from there.

Electronic boarding pass?They have an app you can download and do it from there.

Yeah you just need the software on your phone for it to work. I don't understand why you can't check in at the desk at the airport on your return. It's not like they charge for it - it isn't Ryanair !

Seriously you won't believe me, but Thomas Cook DO have an app, but you can't use it if you are flight only. It won't accept your booking reference.

Told you you wouldn't believe me!!!

Yeah you just need the software on your phone for it to work. I don't understand why you can't check in at the desk at the airport on your return. It's not like they charge for it - it isn't Ryanair !
Yeah, as a last resort. Hope there's not a huge queue!!

Seriously you won't believe me, but Thomas Cook DO have an app, but you can't use it if you are flight only. It won't accept your booking reference.

Told you you wouldn't believe me!!!
You were right, that’s unbelievable

What about online check in on web page then download electronic boarding pass?

You were right, that’s unbelievable

What about online check in on web page then download electronic boarding pass?
Yes, that's what you do. My worry is finding the download!! I'll be using a tablet rather than a phone as I find a phone far too fiddly for internet things.

Yes, that's what you do. My worry is finding the download!! I'll be using a tablet rather than a phone as I find a phone far too fiddly for internet things.

You stress too much man ! Absolute worst is you stand in a queue at the airport like the old days to pick up a boarding pass. I check a case in every time I fly so quite used to having to do that whether there is online check-in or not. It really isn't the end of the world !

You stress too much man ! Absolute worst is you stand in a queue at the airport like the old days to pick up a boarding pass. I check a case in every time I fly so quite used to having to do that whether there is online check-in or not. It really isn't the end of the world !

This, and and in any half decent hotel the receptionist will help you print the tickets off if you ask nicely.

Booked a week in the hotel Maritimo, June, with booking.com, thinking it was one of the cheaper hotels (but not as cheap as it was before it was done up....) then found the Royal Plaza was 100e cheaper, so cancelled and booked that instead, thanks to the ability to cancel without charge!

I wish I were closer (from California). I'm certain nowhere else in the world has quite the scene Ibiza does, but the airfare is US $800 for the 1st of June (example; I'm not actually booking that) and another US $200 or so for hotel...

Actually, that's not terrible now that I think about it. I wish I were from London or somewhere around there so I could hop over any time I want! :)

Defected tix was early bird 20€ last year until Week -1,dont know it it would work same.

Was wondering to buy 1 defected tix (closing date) or 3 (the 2 of july upon my dates n may cancel if djs not on my taste)

Back