Ibiza on a shoestring?

IBZ20 on a shoestring is

Water in da club when at 5-6€ (blue Marlin/Dc10), Ushuaia 10€ (with the heat , hard to cope the sun burning ur face/body) 9€ amnesia if party end midday otherwise peace of cake not to drink if party end 7am.

lot of french contacts complaining after returning from ibz that made a hole in their budget,it's obvious they keep going to all famous places for lunches/dinners ,even having cocktails trolling their FB/inta

10€ Menu del dia each day , 1-2 nice restaurants such Can pilot/el carmen a week, and food to leave from Can buffi (food at supermarket not really my thing, better buy lot of fruits than bread ham and sausage , not really good for ur health ). I don't go to ibz for food experience TBH as i'm asian addict food.

i always have a smile once back home as no hole in my budget :cool: if u don't pay attention as many, its minimum 150/200€ a day , easily spent, on food ,drink and clubs tix , i guess after my 10th ibz trip, i care not to spread money.
Ibz summer will be 19th trip; Another cure for this year,no more Insta FB publication along this trip, so no need to show the World im drinking cocktails/eating at famous places in IBZ ?

I'm still convinced that Ibiza on a shoestring is possible. I'll stay (with flight) for a week for approx. 370€.

// Book flights early. In case of RyanAir/Easyjet, check flights regularly and book 3 month before your date at the latest. Don't be afraid of other airports, sometimes a train ride plus flight is much cheaper than a direct flight from your hometown (azair.eu is great to check that).
// Travel before mid June or after mid September. In May, the most hotels are much cheaper. I prefer great opening parties than packed clubs, and hotels cost 30-50% of the main season price.
// Use Ibiza Bus!!
// Book your tickets early (via Ibiza Spotlight!) if you want to visit specific nights. In case you don't have fixed nights/plan, try Facebook Groups, Ibiza Apps or this forum to get special offers or guestlists.

If I pop over in the beginning of April (looks up Ryanair schedule) then THAT break would have to be budget so as I've plenty left for June.
Q - hanging around at home in the rain and cold at home watching Bloody Snooker
or
A quick cheap break in the sun (hopefully) maybe at Los Molinos with the indoor pool, buying wine and other basics from Lidl and watching The Sun Go Down on the ferry back from Formentera (drinking said wine)?

Quick poll anyone??

EDIT Los Molinos - single - £221 4nts start of April, Ryanair £70 ret from Manchester. Cheaper hotels are available but that sounds good!

Last edited:
Bump the thread - just wondering what bargains there are to be had? Sales in the shops? Cheap 5* hotels??

Not much point in asking though as it'll be flaming next year before us downtrodden Brits can return.

Tinned potatoes @ 0.1 euro a can.
The empty tin might come in useful!
I wonder - due to the missing numbers of tourists, whether the local shops such as Spar are offering picnic-style foods (ie wrapped rolls,mixed fruit dishes) for tourists to take to the beach; or are they under a kind-of winter service where that wouldn't be available?
Always handy to have a picnic for those days out where out walking - even in Ibiza - you find yourself miles from anywhere. Or at least miles from a bar (never good!). One such place is the pebble beach on the west side of the runway, usually deserted and fun to watch the planes landing.

They sell food to leave but didn't pay attention of offers,very handy for the picnic beach

To have offers if housing in san an , Eroski big center is the answer, lot of offers there, beers (Estrella 50cl can ,75% discount on 2nd one) ,soda (ginger schwepps 75cl bottles 75% discount on 2nd one),fresh coffee75% on discount on 2nd one ...

Anyone eat the 200€ kg red ham? i bought to mate (34€ the piece) but he ate all one day he was starving n forgot to keep me, one piece ?

Last edited:
One such place is the pebble beach on the west side of the runway, usually deserted and fun to watch the planes landing.
There's a few places around there you will have no problem sharing a bite of your baguette ..

Actually - mentioning tins, I'm soon gonna stock up with tinned fruit + veg (eg tomatoes, pears etc) as I don't trust this shambles of a government to ensure, after Brexit on the 31st Dec, that lorryloads of fresh stuff comes through. Might even stock some tinned pots....

If that sounds like an over-reaction, look what happened with the bog roll shortage, and there was no reason whatsoever for that; so if there's a run on all the fresh stuff (where will it be stored - you can keep bog roll for years but not apples) I don't fancy being in the scrum. And if lorries are held up as no-one thought that they might need forms, permits, checking and all the other shit Brexit brings with it then there WILL be genuine shortages.

Note for Craig; the fish and seagulls never leave hungry when I'm around!! (Good job they aren't into beer and wine though...)

We have an emergency cupboard full of tinned stuff ,pasta and other foods that last 100yrs, torches, batteries and various small tools... Don't even ask...?

those of you on a strict budget, how have you been balancing eating 'out' and eating 'in'?

we won't have a kitchen alas so a few packed lunches may be necessary, although budget extends beyond tinned produce!

Back