Ibiza gossip 2024

well that trend (shorter stays) has been growing for a long time already. when I started coming here people used to come for at least a week, a lot of them 10 days or 2 weeks. now it's all about those long weekends only.
Thats a reason for the mad club entrances for some parties. The people are just here for 3 or 4 days and pay it one or two times. If you stay 2 weeks , you will not do it ( except you have lots of bucks ).

I still come for at least a wk (8nights this year) but I wont go big every night...partly because of age and partly cos of price/expense. If people come for 3/4 days they prob feel they have to go mad every night and end up spending the same as they would in a week (with a night or 2 in).

If half full but tourist numbers coming through airport is about the same, does that mean people doing lot less days then overall?
Yes. Plus people spending lots of money on those shorter trips (esp long weekends). As such, flights departing Ibiza on a Thu & Fri are often pretty cheap at present

It also seems like the more expensive bars, restaurants plus big clubs are doing very well whilst the mid tier and below suffer.

I guess the going for 2-4 day crowd becoming more the norm, it means those trying to book 7-10 days end up with limited availability as the long weekends are fully booked.
No

No problem to book 2 or 3 weeks in season ( from germany ). Not every hotel avaiable, but its possible. Normally , the fligthts are the problem.

Last edited:
Funny? I wrote this in the "Ibiza 2022 impressions" topic:

”Jul 6, 2002
A few years ago, I thought about how long and how much the prices of accommodation and services can still rise, that it will start to affect tourism in Ibiza and in what way. I could see that this is at least one of the many reasons that many tourists only visit on weekends or at most a long weekend! This is not at all good for anyone when the island "sleeps" three days out of seven. How much has the early season affected the situation? Would the situation be better or worse if we had followed the pre-Covid calendar? Who knows.. I would see the "withering" of parties as somewhat of a global phenomenon, and a general state of inferiority in dance music.”

Sometimes it seems crazy that for the price I pay for 10-15 days in Ibiza, I could spend a very shiny luxury vacation somewhere else. If I hadn't booked the flights and hotel really early this year, I don't think I would have decided to go to Ibiza at this point. On the other hand, that's how it was 20 years ago. The earlier you knew about your vacation and booked the trip, the cheaper it was, but now if you leave the booking late, it is much much more expensive than before. Or at least this way, if you fly here from northern Europe..

I’ve moved some of the flight and hotel posts to this thread below. I have a few things in cheap flights I will add later too.

Back