Ibiza gossip 2024

We want things to be less busy.

But we also want them to be cheap.

Hmmm.

This pricing has nothing to do with 'making it less busy' and there's a difference between cheaper and cheap

Less busy, should be part of safety & law, nothing can be done about club pricing, that's up to the venue and as can be seen, they will push as far they can.

I've never questioned pricing until now, my eyes went wide when I saw how much they were charging for Keinmusik at the start of the season, but it was a 1 off, for a very popular collective, but come on, even with tiered pricing, this is beyond extreme for a weekly night.

I always plan and buy early, but new comers, people visiting for the first time etc.... may have no way of knowing that they should book months in advance

For me, Music On was over when the venues changes from Amnesia to Pacha.

I lived the era of cocoon & music on @ amnesia.

Richie Hawtin enter @ space.

A lot of us lived in that era. And look, I’m no Marco Carola fan-boy, for me the guests at MusicOn (be it Pacha or Destino are better). But, MusicOn is the only night above that (rightly or wrongly) has managed to keep some of their older base and get a new one. And all the caveats about how he changed his sound, but the fact is it’s close to selling out Destino and Pacha in the space of 24 hours apart some weeks.

I'm still in shock when Guetta's tickets to Pacha went up by €80 on normal weeknights in the past days. Then on the other hand, I could easily pay the same for Circo Loco at any time if the number of customers was kept under better control. The most expensive entrance ticket I've paid was something like 80-90€ in 2004, to Space's closing party. Nowadays, there are only a few events in Ibiza for which I am willing to pay more than €60. 🤷‍♂️

I'm still in shock when Guetta's tickets to Pacha went up by €80 on normal weeknights in the past days. Then on the other hand, I could easily pay the same for Circo Loco at any time if the number of customers was kept under better control. The most expensive entrance ticket I've paid was something like 80-90€ in 2004, to Space's closing party. Nowadays, there are only a few events in Ibiza for which I am willing to pay more than €60. 🤷‍♂️

Personally Id only pay top dollar for an event that is 'unique' i.e DJ that doesnt appear often, don't often see them perform near home, there's a B2B that you won't get to see anywhere else etc

Music On is On every week and you can see Marco anywhere...but if the tickets are selling and this is the going rate then what else can we say. If people boycott and floors become emptier then there might be a rethink.

I also think surge pricing spoils just going with the flow and buying tickets on the day or on the door. I dont want decide what 7 nights I am going to 6 months in advance.

I also think surge pricing spoils just going with the flow and buying tickets on the day or on the door. I dont want decide what 7 nights I am going to 6 months in advance.

I think this is a big step change from years gone by. The days when we'd all walk around Ibiza Town / PDB getting wrist-bands and then deciding where to go at 2am are long gone. But then this is the same in other cities too I think. People just plan more it seems.

This season more than ever, it seems nightlife and gastronomy is trying how much they can get away with, without losing customers.
I suppose it might work at the moment as if you already booked holiday/ or are out there now, you are a bit of a captive market.

"I'm out here now so might as well pay it _this time_".

Be interesting to see how it affects next season

And personally the, decide on the evening what doing and spontaneously doing something was part of the charm/vibe.
🤷‍♂️

I posted something about this yesterday but then deleted it because I realised there's no point moaning about capitalism. There's nothing you can do about it except vote with your feet. There are thankfully alternative options out there for clubbers unwilling to attend the thieves' banquet.

Stuff like this pisses me off. I’m going again this year end of August but tbh can’t really be bothered with it all, I fear this might be my last visit for a while. Sick of packed out clubs full of soulless zombies…
I agree! Going next Monday and for the first time ever not really excited! That will be my last time this year and questionable for next year

Packed out clubs, expensive, some annoying people, ibiza lost its sparkle for me

.... yesterday we checked the tickets here for sven at akasha on 12 september, everything else is totally uninteresting for us now, times have changed a lot ;-)
I know! Nothing for me at amnesia anymore used to be my favourite club, never will step foot in Hi again, pacha is ok but besides solomun nothing peaks my interest and I can even go else where in europe and see him

Went to sundara when we were over couple weeks ago. Club could be excellent if get a crowd. Well done up and drinks normal price. 5€ beer. Funkion 1 sound system. Music was mix of new and classic house.

I haven't been myself yet (and I won't go), but I know that the opening was packed, but that since then it's apparently not been the blockbuster some expected it to be.

that said - keep in mind we are only just kicking off peak season and we've only just now left the euro footie behind us which always has an impact on ibiza
Yes agree with you on all. Plus with the football taking place, it was a slower start this season. Hitting peak now, and with the commercial attraction of Defected / Line ups, it will fill with a crowd, from the evening onwards (5pm start). To the non clubber, 3pm is still lounger time. Adding in as Jimmiz said, the heat factor, it’s a nonbrainer for a later start. That said, personally l went off defected a couple of years back after being a vinyl fan from day one 25yrs ago, then it’s monotonous releases / sound bored me for a period. However l grabbed 2 tickets for €20 earlier in the year, so will pop in for pre boogie before heading elsewhere. It’s Ibiza, holidays, house music, sunshine and freedom to dance outdoors ( if you can move) 😉 me loves house… So why not. Preferred Defected in Pacha of old

Back