Ibiza gossip 2024

Haven't been to the island since cocoon closing back in 2019. In 2024 would love to do a few opening parties. How are amnesia opening parties these days?

When do clubs normally announce their dates? Pretty keen to get accommodation sorted as soon as.

Pub Tropicana in the West End, which last summer was taken over by Pepe from Bar Colón, will start programming live music from this month :!:

And talking about live music... after way-too-long shut (summer 2022), Jazz-Tà Bé in Ibiza Town is getting ready to reopen :!:

Whats with the teatro ? Someone a idea what they want to do there after refurb ?

Last edited:
Whats with the theatro ? Someone an idea what they want to do there after refurb ?
It’s a stunning building and l can’t wait to see finished. While it looks amazing for a club l would doubt they will use it for nights, could be wrong but you never know?

It’s a stunning building and l can’t wait to see finished. While it looks amazing for a club l would doubt they will use it for nights, could be wrong but you never know?

Yeah. For nights ? A new club ? Maybe a off location and a out of season locaion ? Lets see ...
Could read in the net : They will start in April.

Last edited:
Defected

I’m firmly in this camp, not really my scene and wouldn’t travel to it but we were staying 30 yards away and there was nothing else on we fancied. First night of holiday too so we had been on a tear all day.

Was a good night to be fair, wasn’t ever going to be cutting edge musically but was fun.

Would go again in similar circumstances, price is pretty reasonable too as I remember.

Enough with Modjo - Lady though.
Haha this, modjo, lady was dropped by 3 seperate DJs wen I was there in September, what’s that all about?? I really enjoyed the night replays aside! I also wouldn’t want defected moving to one of the “big” clubs

Haha this, modjo, lady was dropped by 3 seperate DJs wen I was there in September, what’s that all about?? I really enjoyed the night replays aside! I also wouldn’t want defected moving to one of the “big” clubs

Surely must have been the same night, 8th sep?

I'm unclear as to whether its mostly lazy DJs or commercial/punter pressure on reluctant DJs to bang out the hits. Either way, a massive red flag for me personally (much as I loved Modjo, Spiller et al during the Blair administration)
At one stage it was about an hour apart, and the previous dj was still in the booth all having a laugh, I assume some kind of in joke but f*** knows 🤷‍♂️ was strange but I danced through none the less and had a good night

Back