Ibiza gossip 2024

As previously revealed, Keeper was up for grabs...

More than 2 years later and still plenty of work to do inside before it reopens :!:

The surrounding area looks nicer and I bet the bars in there will be more posh...

The most popular bar/small club in the Paseo Marítimo, open all year round but mostly latin music in recent times... let's see what happens after the refurb!

I think this goes for a lot of the more mature clubbers in Ibiza now. It’s never going to be like it was but leave the young’uns to it and there’s pockets of people in all of the main venues who are predominantly there for music and dancing.

clubs are now rammed with people doing more filming than enjoying - it’s all for the socials and they miss so much.
I see soooo many DJ Sets on YouTube where the music is mega and the crowd look like a load of shuffling zombies which is a crying shame, just imagine the experience for them if everyone let loose…then put THAT on the socials.
Too much preconception, image conscious and “mood” in clubs today - if only they let themselves go, I think they’d experience something on a whole different level.
Back to Hi, I’ve had many a happy night there, usually in the club room as it’s less “showy” so all the insta-tok-snap-face-tubers are filming in the theatre all night waiting for the confetti drop.

Bottom line is, Ibiza still accommodates that diversity there’s not many clubs in the world where you can be mid 40’s, tearing it up and not seen as an “old weirdo”

I’ll be there for my 11th annual trip this coming Monday and yes, I’ll moan like f**k watching all the kids spend all night filming while I’m “seeing sounds and hearing colours” but suppose this is the generation of tomorrow. I’ve got my memories of clubbing and I guarantee they’ll make a much more interesting story than a confetti drop on instagram.
I saw a post the other day on Instagram along the lines of

"A few years ago DJs used to watch the crowd dance. Now the crowd just watch the DJ"

Sign of the times - could agree more with the above!

I saw a post the other day on Instagram along the lines of

"A few years ago DJs used to watch the crowd dance. Now the crowd just watch the DJ"

Sign of the times - could agree more with the above!
Nobody should be watching anybody doing anything...especially with a smartphone...that's how nobody goes anywhere...because you won't stay off yir phones

Thats exactly wot I do when im on Hol, leave my phone in the room, set yourself free of it..its very liberating. Even at home I try and not take it out on a wkd, of course its difficult when we use our phone for so many things these days...paying,uber etc... the amount of time we are all on spending on them is unhealthy.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do about this,we all need our phones now,for real....remember ...We are the Analogue generation,Computer Generation,Internet generation and it appears that the kids are the smartphone generation..when the kids talk about the olden days...they refer to 2000...2010...the way we used to refer to the 60's and 70's

This is festival season,all over the world...so what is the best way to protect all of your valuables,especially your phone...There is a lot of Fear out there about this...because ,obviously if your phone gets lost or stolen...it is a disaster !!!

Thats exactly wot I do when im on Hol, leave my phone in the room, set yourself free of it..its very liberating. Even at home I try and not take it out on a wkd, of course its difficult when we use our phone for so many things these days...paying,uber etc... the amount of time we are all on spending on them is unhealthy.

Will try and not thread drift too much..
But this is an interesting read from the BBC

Most shocking bit for me is kids using a dumb phone getting stressed that they will break their 'Snapchat Streak' really shows how confused we have become about priorities in life

But back on topic, the clubs won't ban the phones as they get thousands of videos and pics shared a night as free advertising.

I started in the 90’s, so remember the no phone era. They are a nuisance and a distraction, but they are also life savers. Leave it in your pocket not in your room.
Thats the prob thou people wont leave them in their pocket. And they cost a lot more lives than they save imo.

Back