Ibiza gossip 2024

I went to hi last night, I don't really know why, it was only the 3rd time since it opened in 2017, there's one thing that's really obvious though, you don't get the energy from Ibiza in this place, you don't really have the impression of being on the island, the club has no soul, most people are there and they are waiting for something to happen but hey nothing will happen not many people has fun in the end, you can have great DJs, crazy lighting, if you don't have some love, communion and sharing it doesn't work, in summary everything is FAKE in this club and it feels to death

I finished at Pacha, it was great, I was back in Ibiza ♥️

Whatever people say about Hi ibz
Glitterbox still less rammy party there
I will be back july 13th short weekend 3 days or 3 weeks if i extend n i wont pay 1500£/week ,got some budget but wont spread like a fool even july is Wtf prices x3 for hotels
See u july 14th ,french national day ,Sam Karlson,authentic veteran not overrated dj (got fame international only since 2 years but famous in our Parisian scene since end 90's at Folies pigalle when Yann pissenem worked..)gonna rock that place
It s all abouf Good Music Screenshot_20240609_112037_Chrome.jpg
Ps:i saw 30 + videos form pacha flower power ,yesterday ,music not really my thing..

Whatever people say about Hi ibz
Glitterbox still less rammy party there
I will be back july 13th short weekend 3 days or 3 weeks if i extend n i wont pay 1500£/week ,got some budget but wont spread like a fool even july is Wtf prices x3 for hotels
See u july 14th ,french national day ,Sam Karlson,authentic veteran not overrated dj (got fame international only since 2 years but famous in our Parisian scene since end 90's at Folies pigalle when Yann pissenem worked..)gonna rock that place
It s all abouf Good Music View attachment 17684
Ps:i saw 30 + videos form pacha flower power ,yesterday ,music not really my thing..
It’s not just about the music , it’s the vibe the most important things imo

For Hi , it was just my personal opinion, the club is number 1 in the world so there it works, but this kind of clubbing is not for me, I am not part of this world, for many it is and I respect it

It’s not just about the music , it’s the vibe the most important things imo

For Hi , it was just my personal opinion, the club is number 1 in the world so there it works, but this kind of clubbing is not for me, I am not part of this world, for many it is and I respect it

Will post something when I’m functioning better, but spent all night in Club Room for Lazarus last night. And it was absolutely top marks. Best night in Hï hands down, and it’s totally opposite to the theatre in terms of crowd and vibe.

More later…

And the award to the most stupid party name (and most illiterate promoter!) of 2024 goes to...

IMG-20240530-080152.jpg

My thing With Hi, the novelty of the dj in the toilet wears off really quickly when you actually need the toilet. Elbowing your way through that room really kills the mood I find

I've had hit an miss nights there, but the vibe in Hi is very much the vibe of today's Ibiza crowd. But totally agree they're all stood waiting for something to happen

I went to hi last night, I don't really know why, it was only the 3rd time since it opened in 2017, there's one thing that's really obvious though, you don't get the energy from Ibiza in this place, you don't really have the impression of being on the island, the club has no soul, most people are there and they are waiting for something to happen but hey nothing will happen not many people has fun in the end, you can have great DJs, crazy lighting, if you don't have some love, communion and sharing it doesn't work, in summary everything is FAKE in this club and it feels to death

I finished at Pacha, it was great, I was back in Ibiza ♥️

I feel like you’re suffering from Space syndrome. It sounds like no matter what happened you couldn’t possibly enjoy yourself as it was already pre-determined.

For what it’s worth I really like Hi, albeit afterlife last year was insanely busy, I say that as someone that likes it busy too. The venue itself and in general, it really works for me and my younger mates love it too.

Just seen a video of the Solid Grooves afterparty and it looks like it’s absolutely booting off, 90% of people there loving life and enjoying the moment. You can immediately see the ones with their phones out recording and not at all enjoying it, but definitely less so than you’d usually see, absolute vibes!

Just seen a video of the Solid Grooves afterparty and it looks like it’s absolutely booting off, 90% of people there loving life and enjoying the moment. You can immediately see the ones with their phones out recording and not at all enjoying it, but definitely less so than you’d usually see, absolute vibes!
Where was the afters?

I feel like you’re suffering from Space syndrome. It sounds like no matter what happened you couldn’t possibly enjoy yourself as it was already pre-determined.

For what it’s worth I really like Hi, albeit afterlife last year was insanely busy, I say that as someone that likes it busy too. The venue itself and in general, it really works for me and my younger mates love it too.
I think this goes for a lot of the more mature clubbers in Ibiza now. It’s never going to be like it was but leave the young’uns to it and there’s pockets of people in all of the main venues who are predominantly there for music and dancing.

clubs are now rammed with people doing more filming than enjoying - it’s all for the socials and they miss so much.
I see soooo many DJ Sets on YouTube where the music is mega and the crowd look like a load of shuffling zombies which is a crying shame, just imagine the experience for them if everyone let loose…then put THAT on the socials.
Too much preconception, image conscious and “mood” in clubs today - if only they let themselves go, I think they’d experience something on a whole different level.
Back to Hi, I’ve had many a happy night there, usually in the club room as it’s less “showy” so all the insta-tok-snap-face-tubers are filming in the theatre all night waiting for the confetti drop.

Bottom line is, Ibiza still accommodates that diversity there’s not many clubs in the world where you can be mid 40’s, tearing it up and not seen as an “old weirdo”

I’ll be there for my 11th annual trip this coming Monday and yes, I’ll moan like f**k watching all the kids spend all night filming while I’m “seeing sounds and hearing colours” but suppose this is the generation of tomorrow. I’ve got my memories of clubbing and I guarantee they’ll make a much more interesting story than a confetti drop on instagram.

I think this goes for a lot of the more mature clubbers in Ibiza now. It’s never going to be like it was but leave the young’uns to it and there’s pockets of people in all of the main venues who are predominantly there for music and dancing.

clubs are now rammed with people doing more filming than enjoying - it’s all for the socials and they miss so much.
I see soooo many DJ Sets on YouTube where the music is mega and the crowd look like a load of shuffling zombies which is a crying shame, just imagine the experience for them if everyone let loose…then put THAT on the socials.
Too much preconception, image conscious and “mood” in clubs today - if only they let themselves go, I think they’d experience something on a whole different level.
Back to Hi, I’ve had many a happy night there, usually in the club room as it’s less “showy” so all the insta-tok-snap-face-tubers are filming in the theatre all night waiting for the confetti drop.

Bottom line is, Ibiza still accommodates that diversity there’s not many clubs in the world where you can be mid 40’s, tearing it up and not seen as an “old weirdo”

I’ll be there for my 11th annual trip this coming Monday and yes, I’ll moan like f**k watching all the kids spend all night filming while I’m “seeing sounds and hearing colours” but suppose this is the generation of tomorrow. I’ve got my memories of clubbing and I guarantee they’ll make a much more interesting story than a confetti drop on instagram.
Glad to be an old weirdo in my late 40’s all day every day in ibiza 😉

The only glimmer of hope on the horizon is sales of 'dumb' phones are booming, Nokia in particular carving out a new niche of retro designs that barely do more than text and call with massive battery life. Also seeing the yooth about with antique digital cameras too.

Whether people take these on holiday or switch back to their smartphone is another matter tho.

The only glimmer of hope on the horizon is sales of 'dumb' phones are booming, Nokia in particular carving out a new niche of retro designs that barely do more than text and call with massive battery life. Also seeing the yooth about with antique digital cameras too.

Whether people take these on holiday or switch back to their smartphone is another matter tho.
Would be an interesting concept if the likes of Hi and Ushuaia issued a “No Phones” policy for a couple of weeks..just to show that it can still be a good time without having to film it for the socials.
I appreciate it would never happen but imagine if the whole clubbing scene went full circle, and club nights became shrouded in mystery and the only way to enjoy it was to ACTUALLY BE THERE AND INVOLVED..or listen to the stories from your mates.

Morning BH
Agreed with everything you said,changed days indeed.
The kids will do what the kids will do.
Surely we ,of the older generation,must remember our first few times on the island...especially the first night madness...that sometimes turned into a 48 hour bender,with very little sleep.
When I think back to the 90's...a lot of us thought we were invincible at the age of 18---25...but it's changed days now with the internet

We have to just adapt..I suppose,because me and my friends got up to all sorts of antics all over Britain...even going to the football and then when we finally made it to Ibiza...it was a paradise to us....but if mobile phones were about in the 80's and 90's then it would have been very different...
The Message.
We understand there is a lot of beautiful music out there and this generation and indeed every generation,going back years are making some excellent music...
To make this the best summer ever for ...
1st. and foremost ...the Ibizan people who were born on the island.
2nd. People who have moved to the island and who are now carving out a new life for their selves and their families.
3rd. In order to make sure everyone who are coming back to our spiritual home,time and time again....or even Ibiza first timers or just curious holidaymakers.....
The world is watching,brothers and sisters...
and this has got to be it....but the Ibizan people are telling us...that they also have to make a good living,because all of their money ,mostly has to be made in a very short window..
I.e....June....to September...(4 months money has to be made ,so that they can provide for themselves and their families for the full year.
If enough money is not made,then they do not have enough money to allow the Ibizan people to stay and enjoy everything Ibiza,has to offer,all year round....and they have no option but to leave and go to the mainland or get other jobs to survive ,in the close season....
Rave On

Would be an interesting concept if the likes of Hi and Ushuaia issued a “No Phones” policy for a couple of weeks..just to show that it can still be a good time without having to film it for the socials.
I appreciate it would never happen but imagine if the whole clubbing scene went full circle, and club nights became shrouded in mystery and the only way to enjoy it was to ACTUALLY BE THERE AND INVOLVED..or listen to the stories from your mates.
Yeah they'd never do it because it's free marketing for them and keeps them in that dj mag number 1 slot

Any reports of manumission in pikes on Mondays? They do not publish their lineups (also no phones policy) ...a friend wrote to me last night and told me that Danny Tenaglia was playing!

Back