Ibiza gossip 2024

Just seen this:

HEDKANDI PRESENT BACK TO LOVE @ HOUSE OF WOW : IBIZA JUNE 5TH
-CANCELLED-
WE ARE EXTREMELY SAD TO INFORM ALL OUR KANDI FAMILY THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO LAUNCH OUR NIGHT ON WEDNESDAY 5TH JUNE DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
WE ARE SEEKING TO RESCHEDULE THE DATES BUT FOR THE MOMENT THE EVENT WILL NOT BE GOING AHEAD
ANY RESERVATIONS MADE VIA SKIDDLE WILL BE REFUNDED THIS WEEK.
RESERVATIONS MADE VIA THE VENUE SHOULD CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP +34 629 766 918
THIS NIGHT IS JUST ONE IN A SUMMER OF EVENTS IN IBIZA & WORLDWIDE.
THE PARTY CONTINUES @ BAM BU KU ON THURSDAYS

This was the revised version, as it previously stated that The venue had been issued with a Closure Order this weekend and was in talks to see if they can reopen
Wow is more a winter venue than a summer venue I think 🤔

Sorry to tell : The Bedouin set was not really magic as always. For me. They changed their Style a little in a ... direction. Dont know the word.
Some good parts, but not like before. Was a good night , but not in my head for years.
My opinion. Other people, other opinions.

And : All ( nearly ) DJs with sunglasses after dark

Sorry to tell : The Bedouin set was not really magic as always. For me. They changed their Style a little in a ... direction. Dont know the word.
Some good parts, but not like before. Was a good night , but not in my head for years.

What are you benchmarking against? In 2022 we all said it was too slow, in 2023 it was a lot faster, and everyone seemed to rave about it (me too).

No more Bermudas in chinois this year
Only long trousers.
Some clubs such ushuaia n hi bz can be picky,No pirate welcome in ushuaia
Getting more n more djs guestlist N more "fame"
On french national broadcast about ibz Opening but cant see it in ibiza
50mn inside,many mates sending message u are on Tv...
Haters gonna HATE

All my last week in ibz,that week, all events for free n i m not a worker neither someone bounded to nightlife just a "Pirate" (wood fake one for my fans here..) n all people (Sven n his manager) Love pirate except stuck up people,not a lot but a few ones...they will recognize themself

Pirate has reached a level of fame where he now refers to himself in the third person.

If there's one thing that hasn't changed or just a little, it's the glasses on the dance floors of Ibiza, that's cool right?😎

I haven't had the chance to go yet this year so I can't really say about the music but one thing I've noticed from the socials is that it looked busier than usual and with that the amount of phone waving also has increased 😡
Hopefully as soon as Fisher and Paradise start we'll go back to usual numbers and better crowd.
Did you notice that too @feynman?

I haven't had the chance to go yet this year so I can't really say about the music but one thing I've noticed from the socials is that it looked busier than usual and with that the amount of phone waving also has increased 😡
Hopefully as soon as Fisher and Paradise start we'll go back to usual numbers and better crowd.
Did you notice that too @feynman?
Yeah, too much Smartphones. The crowd wasnt a Bedouin crowd as I knew. Thats the reason ( maybe ) , they played a more commercial set.
It was very busy. Dont know how it is normally in May.

Btw : Sa Trinxa was not bad Yesterday. At this time of the year , you can get a table ( Not at the Peak time ), for a coffee. The people are relaxed.

Yeah, too much Smartphones. The crowd wasnt a Bedouin crowd as I knew. Thats the reason ( maybe ) , they played a more commercial set.

The thing about May, early June is that some folks are "out of position". What I mean by that is there is no Fisher @ Hi, no Paradise at Amnesia yet, so likely there is a slightly different crowd at Saga at the moment. As everything opens and everyone flocks to their natural habitat will probably change. They also have an insanely strong set of guests at the start of the season: Seth, Gerber, Capriati, Koze. However, on the flip side also good to see more people discovering this night too as for me it is a mid-week gem.

The thing about May, early June is that some folks are "out of position". What I mean by that is there is no Fisher @ Hi, no Paradise...
Two years ago we were at Saga Opening and the crowd was really nice: like mini Tulum (Tulumninos). But no phones.

But later in summer was the crowd awful. Too cheap I think, lots of kids and residents who did not like the music.

That's why we did not go last year.

one of the great tragedies of recent years is DJs adapting to crowds and not the other way round. So many familiar names now need to be treated with extreme caution when playing big branded events.

House of WOW is currently dealing with noise complaints, but it does expect to find a resolution with the council which won't affect the rest of the programme.

one of the great tragedies of recent years is DJs adapting to crowds and not the other way round. So many familiar names now need to be treated with extreme caution when playing big branded events.
Believe me or not : The best crowd until now was at flower power. A little older, good mood. And there was a nice remix of fu... the pain away from peaches ( who is a cool chick ). And other funny tracks.
TSHA was No 2 for me. More than a Warm-up.

Last edited:
However, on the flip side also good to see more people discovering this night too as for me it is a mid-week gem.
Obviously, especially the promoters and the clubs always want their event to grow and reach a wider audience but that can also be a double hedged sword as popularity also brings other "problems" too.
Maybe a bit selfish of me but one of the things I loved about Saga so far was just the fact that it wasn't mainstream.
I'll be sad to see it turning into another "Insta" type of club night as sadly we have already far too much of that going on.

Back