ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is the clubs rely on / thrive on it. Back in the day they needed the press , tv crews etc to ‘advertise’ what was happening and giving people a show of what they were missing. Now you have paying punters do it for you in real time. It’s no different except obviously intrusive….

Last edited:
The problem is the clubs rely on / thrive on it. Back in the day they needed the press , tv crews etc to ‘advertise’ what was happening and giving people a show of what they were missing. Now your paying punters do it in real time. It’s no different except obviously intrusive….

The other problem is that to do with the phones while people are in the club, stickers are an option but not fool proof. Years ago Amnesia had lockers for digital cameras but you were talking a small amount and they didn't cost a lot so any losses due to theft/damage not massive.

People also people just leave them at home now, they are vital to make payments, scan QR codes etc

The other problem is that to do with the phones while people are in the club, stickers are an option but not fool proof. Years ago Amnesia had lockers for digital cameras but you were talking a small amount and they didn't cost a lot so any losses due to theft/damage not massive.

People also people just leave them at home now, they are vital to make payments, scan QR codes etc
Was just thinking about the Amnesia camera lockers..........they were more arsed about you sneaking in a camera in than anything else you may require for the evening ;)

Phones don't really bother me that much I in a club I am to immersed looking at the dj or the people around me or dancing

Also is good to see the videos on social media because you can get an idea of what the night was like, if the dj played a good tune you could try and find the name of it, also if never heard of a dj before could listen to some of his stuff and see what he is like

Phones don't really bother me that much I in a club I am to immersed looking at the dj or the people around me or dancing

I suppose this is where it all comes from right? Some DJs you have to be immersed in and then people record them. I do get why people want a clip - I mean we all do from time to time. And if people enjoy it, then that's great. Everyone needs a clip to look at on a cold December day in northern Europe.

However, there are those DJs though where they select music so well, do not make themselves an act, that you do not need to see them. I have said before but the times I went to Dixon at Pacha 2019 one night I probably never even saw him DJ as I was on the side away from the booth and enjoying the music. A DJ like Dixon (maybe Sven, and others too) could be sat in the managers office in the basement of a club DJing and the selection is so good that they do not even have to be in the room.

I suppose this is where it all comes from right? Some DJs you have to be immersed in and then people record them. I do get why people want a clip - I mean we all do from time to time. And if people enjoy it, then that's great. Everyone needs a clip to look at on a cold December day in northern Europe.

However, there are those DJs though where they select music so well, do not make themselves an act, that you do not need to see them. I have said before but the times I went to Dixon at Pacha 2019 one night I probably never even saw him DJ as I was on the side away from the booth and enjoying the music. A DJ like Dixon (maybe Sven, and others too) could be sat in the managers office in the basement of a club DJing and the selection is so good that they do not even have to be in the room.

I agree that the crowd ideally shouldn't all be facing/watching/worshiping at the dj in order to enjoy the music....but for me the dj has to be able to see the crowd they are playing to

Back on the 'gossip' front (if it is that).... Richie Hawtin.... absolutely ZERO Ibiza dates this year? Or have I missed something?

there's a monster few days coming up at the end of july...

sun 24 july klock b2b dettmann at pyramid up against solomun&dixon at pacha (that one also usually carries on...)
mon 25 july dc10's anniversary party
tues 26 july capriati birthday at cova santa plus IMO the very best gig of the entire summer, garnier b2b cox at dc10

I think I need to try and wangle a few days off!!

The new generation ( 80% at least of the crowd ) don’t have a clue about enjoying the moment , metting and sharing with others people, they are just acting and spending time with their phone ..
While I won't say it doesn't happen in September it is waaaay better than in Peak season. One of the perks of going in September actually, for a more clued up and mature audience, having a great time instead of recording :)

there's a monster few days coming up at the end of july...

sun 24 july klock b2b dettmann at pyramid up against solomun&dixon at pacha (that one also usually carries on...)
mon 25 july dc10's anniversary party
tues 26 july capriati birthday at cova santa plus IMO the very best gig of the entire summer, garnier b2b cox at dc10

I think I need to try and wangle a few days off!!
#spotstivi

Just been to CAMELPHAT at Ushuaïa. While it's true, if you compare it to ANTS, it's a lot less busy, really by the time they started at 21:00 the entire dancefloor area was filled and you could see people at least to the halfway mark and even on the rear viewing platform

Ushuaïa is an expensive venue, especially for the younger generation who are the target audience.

Being midweek and competing with in-house giants, like Guetta, Calvin Harris and ANTS, well I really think numbers wise it's doing okay and will only get busier in the coming weeks

I found it quite refreshing having a bit of personal space to dance

Musically it was very Afterlife-y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back