ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
maluma reggaeton party at pacha pricer 😮 than solomun, music on, FMIF
Very sad World..😆
View attachment 14273

apart from the fact that I'm also no fan of the whole latin music / reggaeton world, the artist in question has 62 million followers on insta and is simply one of the world's biggest artists right now. it's also a live PA and if you compare the price to what you pay elsewhere to see the same artist, it's actually pretty normal...

FMIF also hit the 90€/100€ mark in their best years at pacha IIRC.

apart from the fact that I'm also no fan of the whole latin music / reggaeton world, the artist in question has 62 million followers on insta and is simply one of the world's biggest artists right now. it's also a live PA and if you compare the price to what you pay elsewhere to see the same artist, it's actually pretty normal...

FMIF also hit the 90€/100€ mark in their best years at pacha IIRC.
Totally agree. It is a live concert.

on ticket prices in general - if you consider how much everything has gone up in price, I actually think ticket prices have remained pretty fair, for ibiza standards obviously. when room rates and fuel prices started to go up a lot I personally expected we'd see the first three digit prices this summer. so far that hasn't happened.

on ticket prices in general - if you consider how much everything has gone up in price, I actually think ticket prices have remained pretty fair, for ibiza standards obviously. when room rates and fuel prices started to go up a lot I personally expected we'd see the first three digit prices this summer. so far that hasn't happened.
Yeah aviation fuel doubled, so private jets scooting all over the place each day is gonna bite.

Always surprises me how djs are rushed from place to place almost every day.

Plus all the other running costs for services us mere mortals use of course.

If ticket and drinks prices get even higher will see people do fewer events in a weeks stay. So spend is roughly same but spread across less venues.

This is where the quiet well behaved cash rich families come into their own the local council want. 😗😗😗

Random question. If you stay at the Ushuaia tower, do you get access the the events for free while you are a resident there? Cheers.

I am very tempted by Sven tonight so might see you there!
We went at around 2h30 , did you go ?

Don’t like to speak bad especially about amnesia , maybe it’s me that is getting too old but it was a bit sad last night !
The new generation ( 80% at least of the crowd ) don’t have a clue about enjoying the moment , metting and sharing with others people, they are just acting and spending time with their phone .. at least I spent a nice time in the place I always go on the terrace with older crowd and had some fun 🙂
Sven set was ok , left just before 6 and drove till aguas blancas for the sunrise , had a nice swim and then went to sleep !

We went at around 2h30 , did you go ?

Don’t like to speak bad especially about amnesia , maybe it’s me that is getting too old but it was a bit sad last night !
The new generation ( 80% at least of the crowd ) don’t have a clue about enjoying the moment , metting and sharing with others people, they are just acting and spending time with their phone .. at least I spent a nice time in the place I always go on the terrace with older crowd and had some fun 🙂
Sven set was ok , left just before 6 and drove till aguas blancas for the sunrise , had a nice swim and then went to sleep !
I ended up staying at Pikes so I didn’t make Pyramid. I know what you mean though, ended up at amnesia tonight and there were just phones everywhere. Nobody lives in the moment anymore :( sounds like you had a good night though!

the place I always go on the terrace with older crowd and had some fun 🙂

ha ha, sounds like my sort of corner. I'll come and buy you a drink when I'm there in September and we can celebrate being in the older crowd 🤣

Phones are a scourge on the club scene, to be honest. Should be banned or something.

I'm pretty pleased there weren't so many phones and social networks around when I was in my clubbing prime. I don't fancy some of photos of me ending up on facebook lol

Berghain manage to have a no phones policy. Surely Ibiza clubs can manage it.

Edit... actually, thinking about it, there weren't any social networks (as we'd know them today) at all. Friends Reunited started late '90s and that was the only one I think. Plenty of message boards, though.

Last edited:
ha ha, sounds like my sort of corner. I'll come and buy you a drink when I'm there in September and we can celebrate being in the older crowd 🤣

Phones are a scourge on the club scene, to be honest. Should be banned or something.

I'm pretty pleased there weren't so many phones and social networks around when I was in my clubbing prime. I don't fancy some of photos of me ending up on facebook lol

Edit... actually, thinking about it, there weren't any social networks (as we'd know them today) at all. Friends Reunited started late '90s and that was the only one I think. Plenty of message boards, though.

Can was also add loud talking on the dance floor into the banned list...group of Spanish girls at Cova Santa last night just wouldent shut up all set and I ended up moving.

We are a grumpy lot aren't we 😂

Re: people on phones, I think a lot of it is related to social anxiety and not knowing how to engage with strangers or what's going on. So fall back to a "safe space" thing of being on phone. 🤷‍♂️

Of course plenty idiots who feel the need to take pics for the "gram". 😄

Cova Santa did a great job with stickers over your camera lens last year.........it's understandable why they were doing it, covid times and all that. Just a shame it's a policy that hasn't been continued or caught on on the island (or has it, feel free to correct me)..........free marketing wins the day over atmosphere I suppose ! ??

Cova Santa did a great job with stickers over your camera lens last year.........it's understandable why they were doing it, covid times and all that. Just a shame it's a policy that hasn't been continued or caught on on the island (or has it, feel free to correct me)..........free marketing wins the day over atmosphere I suppose ! ??

I think your latter point says it all. Though I think there could be a few nights that could do it, but you'd never do it if you are an up and coming promoter / DJ. I think the likes of Freddies / Pikes could sticker phones, but I think having a phone in the air there would look stupid anyway. If there was a smaller Cocoon type of event somewhere - they could. The weird thing about the 'sticker on the phone' is that it could become a talking point in itself.

But phones in Hi, Ushuaia, Pacha, DC10 - I think we need to stop talking about that. It is never ever going to change for this current generation, that is just a simple fact. Unless the next bunch of kids find it naff, and / or the technology catches up (like those new sunglasses with built it cameras) - then no change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back