ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen Jamie Jones on any other Ibiza line up apart from his own Paradise event at Amnesia (unless i've missed something) usually see him play some Circoloco dates and at Music On. Must be a 'political' thing with Amnesia that he's not allowed to play anywhere else?

Haven't seen Jamie Jones on any other Ibiza line up apart from his own Paradise event at Amnesia (unless i've missed something) usually see him play some Circoloco dates and at Music On. Must be a 'political' thing with Amnesia that he's not allowed to play anywhere else?

Good observation. Looks that way at the moment that he is Amnesia only. In 2019 he did do a MusicOn date, Bedouin/Saga, Afterlife and Circo I think. I mean Amnesia is a BIG place to fill. I am sure he will do it every week - but probably is exclusive while he has that residency on. Anyone know anything different?

While that's not beyond the realm of possibility, I think what's more likely is that he simply wants to focus on Paradise's debut summer Amnesia.

If you want to see Jamie Jones then you need to go to Paradise. Pure and simple

I also do think there's a tiny chance he pops up elsewhere at some point

Iughfzagzt the same! They have kitted it out as a full on club, proper lighting rig and even looks like there's a second set of decks outside!
Vista Allègre Es cubells Serge Devant on lineup too
3 ibz workers contacts were there,with 1i vé Seen Along opening
I vé text thèm to think about me next Time,free Hierbas bottes on me

Thé Eden lineup on tuesday IS nice they Had Boddhi Satva for those into Afro House
Voyage party im curious about lineup of aug n end sept/oct LineupScreenshot_20220521-110557.jpg

Since Afterlife's inception in 2016, the Innervisions & Afterlife sounds have gradually moved further and further away from each other. Both used to be intrinsically linked, but it's only on occasion now you see âme play an Afterlife event (Don't recall the last time Dixon played for them).

my guess is these brands exert pressure on DJs to conform to certain music trends and the DJs sometimes resist and therein lies the conflict.. you've spent 35 years of your life building up a vast and varied record collection, playing amazing parties around the world and then some corporate gimp tells you it all counts for shit but dangles dollars to offset the pain. So whaddya do? Either you stick around for the payout or you walk and get replaced by some younger more photogenic android who just raids the latest Beatport landfill for a living...

I don’t mind the current Afterlife sound at all. Some tracks are a little overdone, but the Afterlife family cranks out hit after hit. That new track Consciousness is a beast even though I’m sick of it already. The Afterlife lineup is great….Innellea, Agents of time, Horvat, Glowal, Mind Against, etc. But again, too bad it’s all at Hi. Dixon and Ame are too soft and housey for Afterlife these days imo.

I think either the fees have gone up or because of the pandemic the clubs weren't getting $$, so that's why there isn't a lot of main headliners for many of the nights. I like Afterlife, so I'm curious about the new artists but still.

Great to see it in full flow again after the last 2 years restrictions. Packed out, good party with a nice atmosphere

I don’t mind the current Afterlife sound at all. Some tracks are a little overdone, but the Afterlife family cranks out hit after hit. That new track Consciousness is a beast even though I’m sick of it already. The Afterlife lineup is great….Innellea, Agents of time, Horvat, Glowal, Mind Against, etc. But again, too bad it’s all at Hi. Dixon and Ame are too soft and housey for Afterlife these days imo.
It’s a modern take on prog isn’t it? I don’t mind it, but I find the tunes tend to follow a tried and trusted pattern - plod, plod, plod, plod, break, breakdown, drop. But everything is very strung out, the drops are just a beat these days without any discernible musicality, and often electro or synth infused. I’d like to say epic, but the drops these days don’t do the word justice as they did in the olden days!

Last edited:
As advertised at Amnesia:

Skreamism 8 July 30 September

Sulta Selects 2 & 16 September

The Sulta Selects is a brilliant choice and great platform for Denis Sulta. I was about to say crazy going against Topping’s Trick @ DC10, but that will have finished in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back