ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a modern take on prog isn’t it? I don’t mind it, but I find the tunes tend to follow a tried and trusted pattern - plod, plod, plod, plod, break, breakdown, drop. But everything is very strung out, the drops are just a beat these days without any discernible musicality, and often electro or synth infused. I’d like to say epic, but the drops these days don’t do the word justice as they did in the olden days!
The tracks make me think oh wow, that was seriously impressive, but they don't make me want to dance. Every time techno strays too far from focussing on the groove it's a problem. There is hardly any percussion in them other than 16th note shakers. Even production-wise some of the tunes can now be a bit odd, the kick and sub aren't that prominent in the mix, it's all in the midrange for the synths and there's no dirt, it's all so clean. Impeccable production standards, but the kind of thing that would work on a super high-end system but fail miserably on some big speakers in a basement, which I guess is the point.

It’s a modern take on prog isn’t it? I don’t mind it, but I find the tunes tend to follow a tried and trusted pattern - plod, plod, plod, plod, break, breakdown, drop. But everything is very strung out, the drops are just a beat these days without any discernible musicality, and often electro or synth infused. I’d like to say epic, but the drops these days don’t do the word justice as they did in the olden days!

The tracks make me think oh wow, that was seriously impressive, but they don't make me want to dance. Every time techno strays too far from focussing on the groove it's a problem. There is hardly any percussion in them other than 16th note shakers. Even production-wise some of the tunes can now be a bit odd, the kick and sub aren't that prominent in the mix, it's all in the midrange for the synths and there's no dirt, it's all so clean. Impeccable production standards, but the kind of thing that would work on a super high-end system but fail miserably on some big speakers in a basement, which I guess is the point.

2 good posts there. I would add that what people on this forum strangely insist on calling 'melodic' is really just a modern take on prog. I loved it all 25-30 years ago Guerrilla, Stress + Digweed/Howells the more interesting stuff, but now it's just wallpaper. I guess it still works in big rooms where people are off their tits and just want big drops/chords all the time but it's not rushy for me in the way say Gat Decor was.

I Saw vidéos of Amnesia opening from amnesia and ibz workers bounded to nightlife
Francisco was there too 🧙‍♂️

Sounds wicked ,Maceo set ,Terrace full ,dont know if i'll carry on along Jamais Jones as his music IS liké sleepy Medic for me..🤣 ive cancelled my 3 Paradise tix and may Ask free List to one DJ that sometimes give free List to random people..
Maceo Plex didnt have chance last sunday in Paris along Cercle festival as his set of 10pm was cancelled by 9pm announcement , because of rain /thunder, hé was supposéd to play After Adriatique (i dont understand thé buzz of Adriatique , cant listen to thrm more than 45mn..went to eat when music bored me 😬)
Amnesia villa After party for lucky ones right now..

Last edited:
I Saw vidéos of Amnesia opening from amnesia and ibz workers bounded to nightlife
Francisco was there too 🧙‍♂️

Sounds wicked ,Maceo set ,Terrace full ,dont know if i'll carry on along Jamais Jones as his music IS liké sleepy Medic for me..🤣 ive cancelled my 3 Paradise tix and may Ask free List to one DJ that sometimes give free List to random people..
Maceo Plex didnt have chance last sunday in Paris along Cercle festival as his set of 10pm was cancelled by 9pm announcement , because of rain /thunder, hé was supposéd to play After Adriatique (i dont understand thé buzz of Adriatique , cant listen to thrm more than 45mn..went to eat when music bored me 😬)
Amnesia villa After party for lucky ones right now..
Did you mean for that to happen?:D

Mistyping that reveal my background minds..
His tune Paradise is horrible , same for other tracks i heard along opening..too manyy weird cheesy tracks..(john summit n so on)
Mr Doris was playing at Lio for House heads yesterday night .
I had some french mates i have to join at amnesia if i havent postponed my trip by 2 weeks earlier, i was wondering if they made it to midday as i ve advice them to rest some hours in order to be fresh for 5am session , getting to amnesia around 8pm

Hi guys. Just curious how woomoon nights work during season. It tends to be every week, every other or when the moon is full ? 🙈 …on the island in mid September and this event is deff on my list. 🙏thx

Hi guys. Just curious how woomoon nights work during season. It tends to be every week, every other or when the moon is full ? 🙈 …on the island in mid September and this event is deff on my list. 🙏thx
It isn't necessarily when there's a full moon, but they do often plan the parties to fall like that. I don't think it will be quite weekly, but it should be frequent. We'll know more soon

Some gossip, 528 will reopen mid-June and there's quite a few changes from last summer's launch. Although the high-end dinner and theatrical element remains, there's also going to be a very wallet-friendly option to experience it. Look forward to divulging more when it is ready

Nina Kraviz @amnesia last night. WOW

Hadn't seen her play before and will definitely be checking one of her sets out again.

It was great people dancing to hard mind melting techno.
What an absolute belter that was - couldn’t agree more , would love to hear everyone else’s thoughts on who they preferred from the evening . Lilly Palmer was fantastic, as well as dettman, best lineup I have been able to experience in some time .

Seems like the club room was the place to be last night and this morning. Everybody I've spoken to says as much, not just users here

I actually don’t know too much about the Tuesday Latin night at Pacha. @stivi might be able to answer your question.

maluma is one of the biggest reggaeton artists currently. he plays a number of shows at pacha and tuesdays at this venue will generally have that latin touch, some dates & artists are still TBA.

basically most of the big clubs here on the island have one weekly latin event per week this summer, similar as in 2018/19 when the whole reggaeton wave exploded here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back