ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the main reason why I wont be going abroad, until they remove the pre-departure test requirement to get back to the UK there is too high a risk of being covid positive and stranded for at least 10 days before trying to get back. Stuff of nightmares.

Even worse is to get a negative test, then get home to receive a phone call from NHS test and trace who tell you that one person on your flight has been confirmed as covid positive so the whole plane load has to legally self isolate for 10 days in the UK, it really isn't worth it is it?
After 16 August that won’t be happening from the U.K. that’s the good news.

In Ibiza the issue is hospitalisations are increasing rapidly. An insufficient amount of the population is vaccinated. it’s going to take time and too many people (young people) are opting out. This is a world wide issue though. The idea that indoor clubs will reopen until this is under control is fanciful at best.

There are questions over what efficacy of the vaccination actually means. It clearly doesn’t mean that over 90% of people vaccinated won’t get Covid. That’s what I thought efficacy meant. It doesn’t. Israel and to a lesser extent the U.K. prove the point. But the vaccines have had an enormous positive impact. It does reduce infections on a huge scale and it does reduce the seriousness of those infected in terms of hospitalisations and deaths

Regarding outdoor events, infection happens. The euro 2020 final and semi final will prove this point unfortunately. The number of people infected at the stadium or outside is enormous amongst those that’s have had 0 or 1 jab. These numbers haven’t been released and may never be. But as I am professionally close to the organisers, I can confirm it is an issue. I can’t prove that here. You will see the impact in autumn as the U.K. opens up further now, after 16 August and when flu season kicks off.

But, with 100% vaccination (wishful thinking), what the U.K. is doing now is the world wide solution that we will have to learn to live with. The alternative is boom and bust lockdowns until there is a cure.

Last edited:
After 16 August that won’t be happening from the U.K. that’s the good news.

In Ibiza the issue is hospitalisations are increasing rapidly. An insufficient amount of the population is vaccinated. it’s going to take time and too many people (young people) are opting out. This is a world wide issue though. The idea that indoor clubs will reopen until this is under control is fanciful at best.

There are questions over what efficacy of the vaccination actually means. It clearly doesn’t mean that over 90% of people vaccinated won’t get Covid. That’s what I thought efficacy meant. It doesn’t. Israel and to a lesser extent the U.K. prove the point. But the vaccines have had an enormous positive impact. It does reduce infections on a huge scale and it does reduce the seriousness of those infected in germs if hospitalisations and deaths

Regarding outdoor events, infection happens. The euro 2020 final and semi final will prove this point unfortunately. The number of people infected at the stadium or outside is enormous amongst those that’s have had 0 or 1 jab. These numbers haven’t been released and may never be. But as I an professionally close to the organisers, I can confirm it is an issue. I can’t prove that here. You will see the impact in autumn as the U.K. opens up further now, after 16 August and when flu season kicks off.

But, with 100% vaccination (wishful thinking), what the U.K. is doing now is the world wide solution that we will have to learn to live with. The alternative is boom and bust lockdowns until there is a cure.
I’d like to see the hospitalization numbers for Ibiza and how it compares to pre-Covid times. If hospitalizations are truly the problem now, then it’s hard to see clubbing coming back to Ibiza until there is a cure or hospital capacity is increased. Both would probably take years.

We went to the semi and final at Wembley. 4 out of 6 of our group caught COVID. And from the FA / England fans membership I’d say close to 50% of people that attended those games caught it so I can well believe that
Yeah. Similar experience. We went to the final. A big group of us. Everyone not vaccinated and single vaccinated caught it.
IBIZA GOSSIP!!!!
The preceding messsges are Ibiza gossip. What will be open, will indoor clubs be open, will outdoor clubs be open, can we get there, will we need to isolate there or at home, what are the risks. All Ibiza gossip.

Sorry, I know this is Gossip Thread, but THIS is what it means (see below on 2nd Vs 3rd Wave)
They are the outcomes. That isn’t a definition of efficacy in the context of Covid vaccinations. It doesn’t mean if you have been double jabbed you have a 90% chance of not getting it at all and that is what many people thought it meant. It is natural that understanding will evolve as this is still new. But it goes a long way to explain the numbers we are seeing in U.K. and Ibiza. And that is impacting decision making over going on holiday and what will be open when you get there if you choose to go. Unless a cure comes along, i reckon we still need as many as possible double vaccinated, open up with sensible restrictions in place and learn to deal with the consequences otherwise something approaching normal life will not be returning for years or at all. That may mean a reallocation of government resources to public health is required. Some would say long over due while others would say it needs to be more efficient in order to create capacity.

I have stretched Ibiza gossip as far as it will go so I will stop before @stivi and @W_I_C start having palpitations, sorry lads!

Last edited:
Black-Book-Ibiza-Loves-Summer-2018_Main.jpg

Ibiza 2021 is now fully booked for September.... "Hostal" since 1 month and ferry few minutes ago.... with an amazing price ! Now it's time to cross fingers.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back