ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I understand correctly...they're saying it's clear the clubs won't open this year.

pretty much what I had said in the CV updates thread yesterday morning yeah. it's really not looking good right now. we've got far too many cases (200 just in last 24hrs) which start to tense our hospital too and it'll simply take weeks until we're back in a better situation. the consequence of that is that the venues will certainly lose august which was gonna be their most important month. so either they won't open at all or if they do get green lights at some point, it'll be very late and very little.

right now I'd say don't expect any more than what we have at the moment, as in we do have cova santa, ibiza rocks, o beach, but real dancing is sadly probably out of the window for this summer on the balearics.

hope to be proven wrong on this but not very likely.

pretty much what I had said in the CV updates thread yesterday morning yeah. it's really not looking good right now. we've got far too many cases (200 just in last 24hrs) which start to tense our hospital too and it'll simply take weeks until we're back in a better situation. the consequence of that is that the venues will certainly lose august which was gonna be their most important month. so either they won't open at all or if they do get green lights at some point, it'll be very late and very little.

right now I'd say don't expect any more than what we have at the moment, as in we do have cova santa, ibiza rocks, o beach, but real dancing is sadly probably out of the window for this summer on the balearics.

hope to be proven wrong on this but not very likely.
Thanks for the additional info.
While we all thought this year would be better for the tourist-based economy on the island...it's proving to be pretty much the same or even worse. Lots of people in The Netherlands cancelling their trips due to the risk of testing positive to return home.

given the season is looking increasingly bar focused, would it be worth giving the bigger/newer bars a higher profile on the events forum with their own thread each rather than grouping everything into the daytime events thread, just to make it easier for searches? in case there are new bars we haven't heard of or wouldn't necessarily think to look for in general searchbox - if that makes sense or is it just unnecessary work? it would be useful to have an index of bars where you can expect a certain vibe, even if nothing is advertised as such.

hope to be proven wrong on this but not very likely
😭😭

Maybe 1 time opening dates ? For example like Halloween ,NYE later in the year. I think it is possible. It worked at pacha , at Heart and at Dc10 ( and more )
Lets see : Amnesia closing will happen as a We are Back Event ? Wait and see ...

No amnesia losing gutted!! Might have to do amnesia ibiza croatia!

ah that is still far away. so far that I think this actually might happen, I was referring more to the main season which we had expected to start between now and start of august

ah that is still far away. so far that I think this actually might happen, I was referring more to the main season which we had expected to start between now and start of august
Ahh you think that amnesia may open for that one off event? That will be good!

All guesswork but chances of outside dancing by first week of Oct?

All guesswork but chances of outside dancing by first week of Oct?
My thoughts are outdoor dancing by end of Sept, but I don’t think clubbing will open, so agree with your comments Stivi. I think Oct yes Amnesia is a potential. But if Blue Marlin and Cova Santa are dancing then I think it will be great. Just a shift in where the party is. The only caviat is Blue Marlin is expensive on a minimum spend per table, Hope that will change later in season if dancing allowed. But I think I will take whatever, as long as a bit of music. Cheers

My thoughts are outdoor dancing by end of Sept, but I don’t think clubbing will open, so agree with your comments Stivi. I think Oct yes Amnesia is a potential. But if Blue Marlin and Cova Santa are dancing then I think it will be great. Just a shift in where the party is. The only caviat is Blue Marlin is expensive on a minimum spend per table, Hope that will change later in season if dancing allowed. But I think I will take whatever, as long as a bit of music. Cheers

Yeah because if being able to dance somewhere is rare this summer then they are bound to lower the prices at the places it can happen :p

🙏

Yes if blue marlin or cova santa we can dance those will be good parties and enough to get us by

If I understand correctly...they're saying it's clear the clubs won't open this year.
Yeah but it's more of a rant (a correct one in my opinion) than an official statement. Just saying that it's better to have partying in a safer managed environment (ie the clubs) than loads of 'illegal' party and raves.

Thanks for the additional info.
While we all thought this year would be better for the tourist-based economy on the island...it's proving to be pretty much the same or even worse. Lots of people in The Netherlands cancelling their trips due to the risk of testing positive to return home.
This is the main reason why I wont be going abroad, until they remove the pre-departure test requirement to get back to the UK there is too high a risk of being covid positive and stranded for at least 10 days before trying to get back. Stuff of nightmares.

Even worse is to get a negative test, then get home to receive a phone call from NHS test and trace who tell you that one person on your flight has been confirmed as covid positive so the whole plane load has to legally self isolate for 10 days in the UK, it really isn't worth it is it?

This is the main reason why I wont be going abroad, until they remove the pre-departure test requirement to get back to the UK there is too high a risk of being covid positive and stranded for at least 10 days before trying to get back. Stuff of nightmares.

Even worse is to get a negative test, then get home to receive a phone call from NHS test and trace who tell you that one person on your flight has been confirmed as covid positive so the whole plane load has to legally self isolate for 10 days in the UK, it really isn't worth it is it?
The whole plane doesn't isolate, just anyone within a 2 seat radius of the infected person (if that helps settle any nerves).

This is some sad stuff. What about end of Aug and Sept? Again, what's seriously gonna happen to our beloved venues? Ibiza was my main source of happiness every year. 200 cases over 24 hours is bad compared to my province of Ontario which has been under 130 and the population is way more than Ibiza's so I guess it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back