ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse House is that Tech House? Or is Tech house just an Essex thing, soulless and forgettable ..
I’m not an expert on the genre but I think there are multiple types of tech house according to my Ibiza ears. Essex for Paradise, Liverpool for Camelphat, then European plodathon Marco Carola style fodder for the continental crowd. Complex business is this tech house malarkey. Scouse house is a whole cheese fest of its own. Happily corrected.....

okay so...

as you know usually this thread doesn't even get created until october or november time, but 2020 is different in all aspects really.

after having a few conversations during the past few days I can resume a few bits:

- most venues are confident they will be able (and allowed) to open in some form next year. most people currently don't expect fully packed dancefloors again just yet for next summer, but some dancing action for sure. and as you've seen above, the planning does forsee a start in may (also hï's first residencies to start mid-may as per their announcement a month back) and not only in june or july. of course all of that could change, but the current mindset is kicking things off in the usual time frame.

- a lot of the venues will pretty much copy & paste the programme they had planned for 2020 over to 2021. so in that respect there might be less gossip coming in the winter months. but we've also seen this before, at the start of the winter people thought everything's staying as it was and come january it goes all tits up and nights start to move. but currently it does seem most clubs and promoters are happy to stay with what they had agreed for 2020 and just make sure it can happen for 2021.

- there are although a few things/changes happening in the background, a few interesting moves actually, but it's soooo early, way too early to talk about it. sorry for the tease but just to say it's not all gonna stay the very same.

ah, and yes I definitely think announcement season will start earlier than usual. there is no season and there are no closing parties to recover from, why wait until the new year? :) expect things to start moving soon.

okay so...

as you know usually this thread doesn't even get created until october or november time, but 2020 is different in all aspects really.

after having a few conversations during the past few days I can resume a few bits:

- most venues are confident they will be able (and allowed) to open in some form next year. most people currently don't expect fully packed dancefloors again just yet for next summer, but some dancing action for sure. and as you've seen above, the planning does forsee a start in may (also hï's first residencies to start mid-may as per their announcement a month back) and not only in june or july. of course all of that could change, but the current mindset is kicking things off in the usual time frame.

- a lot of the venues will pretty much copy & paste the programme they had planned for 2020 over to 2021. so in that respect there might be less gossip coming in the winter months. but we've also seen this before, at the start of the winter people thought everything's staying as it was and come january it goes all tits up and nights start to move. but currently it does seem most clubs and promoters are happy to stay with what they had agreed for 2020 and just make sure it can happen for 2021.

- there are although a few things/changes happening in the background, a few interesting moves actually, but it's soooo early, way too early to talk about it. sorry for the tease but just to say it's not all gonna stay the very same.

ah, and yes I definitely think announcement season will start earlier than usual. there is no season and there are no closing parties to recover from, why wait until the new year? :) expect things to start moving soon.
So, to summarise......

Soooooooooooooooooon!

Music to ears....have to look forward to something to get me through winter and this will be it

Going to book a hotel and pay on arrival just in case

that is quite a good idea or use booking.com free cancellation if the offer is available
No doubt this mess is going to cause hesitation which in turn is not good for Ibiza economy

@stivi - what is making venues think there won't be packed dance floors? Is it lack of confidence on travel, people maybe not feeling safe being in confined spaces or maybe its due to restrictions on capacity?

that is quite a good idea or use booking.com free cancellation if the offer is available
No doubt this mess is going to cause hesitation which in turn is not good for Ibiza economy

@stivi - what is making venues think there won't be packed dance floors? Is it lack of confidence on travel, people maybe not feeling safe being in confined spaces, or maybe it's due to restrictions on capacity?
Yes I used hotels.com, just booked it for 3 nights 30 April until 3 May - 180 euro for 3 nights in Ibiza town - not bad at all

Pay on arrival and free cancellation until 27 April so the cancellation policy really good

@stivi - what is making venues think there won't be packed dance floors? Is it lack of confidence on travel, people maybe not feeling safe being in confined spaces or maybe its due to restrictions on capacity?

seeing how strict and restrictive the balearic government was this summer (and still is), many simply think it's unlikely they will lift all of it next summer.

of course, if the vaccine is there or a treatment and thus they deem it's no risk anymore then maybe, but personally I think that's a bit optimistic. I would love to be proven wrong though.

we'll see. still over half a year away and I don't want to turn this thread into yet another covid discussion

Hope the venues are still there 2021.
Heart , Octan , Eden and so on : Smaller ones , maybe not so much big money behind it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back