ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
soo...

dixon has updated his title pic on FB and the caption says 'transmoderna 2021'. then if you go and actually visit the transmoderna website, dc10 pops up on the design.

not updated from last year or a sign of things to come in the second part of this summer? 😎

Someone else asked me about DC10 yesterday, said they'd heard about an opening

I was like 'well, nothings been said on the forum so it can't be happening' haha!

I'd also had someone asking recently saying 'I've seen something' yet when we went o check it was the circoloco ADE party...

you know it'll pop up here once something's actually clear/confirmed. for now we'll have to wait a little longer.

Maldives gone onto UK red list (hotel quarantine) from yesterday. I think UK will leave Dubai and Abu Dhabi on the red list for the whole of Summer, just too risky people funneling in on planes from all over through there unchecked. Personally I'm glad UK is effectively keeping the borders shut for tourism longer to progress the under-50s vaccination programme, especially for destinations used by Instagram influencers and the irresponsible rich who used them as bolt holes to get round the rules in the past. The poor and rich seem to be the worst groups for spreading virus.

I think Ibiza and Mallorca will be disappointed at being lumped together in the amber group with the mainland but they'll probably be cleared to green by mid to late June. Spain is not lifting restriction on inbounds until end of May anyway if I'm not mistaken ? It'll likely be chaos at UK airports for the first couple of weeks so on the plus side by the time the islands get the green light maybe some of the teething problems will have been ironed out.

what's confusing me about this is, (and I have flights and accom booked for mid-to end June), is what does amber mean? Can we still travel with PCR test and do we have to quarantine on return home? Quarantine doesn't bother me in the slightest, as long as I can do it from home. I work from home anyway and can do remotely, everything I need is at home so I don't mind having to sit for 14 days/until the government call me.

what's confusing me about this is, (and I have flights and accom booked for mid-to end June), is what does amber mean? Can we still travel with PCR test and do we have to quarantine on return home? Quarantine doesn't bother me in the slightest, as long as I can do it from home. I work from home anyway and can do remotely, everything I need is at home so I don't mind having to sit for 14 days/until the government call me.

that's how I understand it yeah.

Think you get the chance to release from quarantine at 5 days with a negative test when coming back from an Amber country, but don't quote me on that. I would put good money on Spain being green at the next review so wouldn't be an issue for you anyhow.

Been seeing a few Vegas residency announcements lately. I wonder how bookings are working in Ibiza? Must be a nightmare. DJs can’t wait around forever to see if Ibiza clubs will open, although there isn’t a ton of competition around the globe for weekday bookings.

Been seeing a few Vegas residency announcements lately. I wonder how bookings are working in Ibiza? Must be a nightmare. DJs can’t wait around forever to see if Ibiza clubs will open, although there isn’t a ton of competition around the globe for weekday bookings.

I'd imagine a few still have contracts to fulfil from last year, a lot of events and concerts have rolled over into this year on a 'same time, same place, same deal' type of arrangement...but that situation will get messy if events don't restart soon.

But yeh I wouldent wanna be in charge of the arrangements, unlikely DJ's will be able to fly about visiting several countries a day like they usually do either.

The Vegas thing seems to be one hotel / club doesn’t it? Think Eli & Fur are there weekly which is a bit of a shame as they had started to play Ants fairly regularly and were a bit different, nice vibe down the back bit

Maldives gone onto UK red list (hotel quarantine) from yesterday.

So ended up going there for EID. I had no idea where was booked until I arrived...

Can you believe it’s called Cocoon? It’s a sign I tell you!

Attachments

• 473555B6-45B3-42B8-82E7-A5FA6EBE9A0F.jpeg
    473555B6-45B3-42B8-82E7-A5FA6EBE9A0F.jpeg
    910 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
So now a few “music focused” places have opened, any feedback on the “no bailar” situation?

the 'no dancing' won't change until july at the earliest (unless there's a big positive surprise suddenly)

read these two if you still haven't

the 'no dancing' won't change until july at the earliest (unless there's a big positive surprise suddenly)

Tut, these people that don’t do their pre-reading homework, eh....? 😉

Thanks @stivi. I was still hoping for some “dance at your table” action like we had last spring...looking forward to hitting the island tomorrow in any case!

for Vegas, June is when the djs we've all heard of start playing. Zouk / Ayu (july 4th weekend opening) has Tiesto, Zedd, and a bunch of house types like Jamie Jones, Disclosure, Camelphat, MK, Green Velvet, Martinez Brothers, etc. but almost all are just playing like 1-2 gigs. XS's lineup is many of their old residents like Diplo, Chainsmokers, etc. Marquee hasn't announced their big djs yet... and as Hakkasan was bought by Tao (who owns Marquee) it remains to be seen who they will book.

Tiesto and Zedd were formerly long-time Hakkasan djs. Kaskade and Marshmello are the 2 big names not announced yet as to where they will be since they were residents at KAOS so they are free agents as well.

Art of the Wild is back at the Wynn this July also, lineup TBA.

for Vegas, June is when the djs we've all heard of start playing. Zouk / Ayu (july 4th weekend opening) has Tiesto, Zedd, and a bunch of house types like Jamie Jones, Disclosure, Camelphat, MK, Green Velvet, Martinez Brothers, etc. but almost all are just playing like 1-2 gigs. XS's lineup is many of their old residents like Diplo, Chainsmokers, etc. Marquee hasn't announced their big djs yet... and as Hakkasan was bought by Tao (who owns Marquee) it remains to be seen who they will book.

Tiesto and Zedd were formerly long-time Hakkasan djs. Kaskade and Marshmello are the 2 big names not announced yet as to where they will be since they were residents at KAOS so they are free agents as well.

Art of the Wild is back at the Wynn this July also, lineup TBA.
1-2 gigs, that’s funny since they were saying it’s a “residency”. Either way, seems like the US is gonna be pulling a lot of talent this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back