ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greece has stated that they won't discriminate...any country that wants tourism this year won't discriminate

They cannot let you in due to not having the vaccine where in some instances you want to take it but not available for you yet in your country

They will do as they normally have done recent covid tests to confirm do not have covid and in some instances quarantine
That’s fine. But it doesn’t resolve the quarantine issue for those returning to the U.K. That puts foreign travel out of reach for many of us here. I realise different rules apply elsewhere. It also doesn’t address the whole issue of vaccine passports and testing which remain very current themes for debate in the media and in government.

However, to contradict myself, below are a few of the latest positive excerpts from a long and complicated thread by this informed guy Jacob F Kirkegaard on Twitter:

Jacob F Kirkegaard
@jfkirkegaard
·
1h
@vonderleyen
gave updated EU vacc supply in interview to Austrian media on March 7. 50mn in March and 100mn/month by Apr. These numbers SHOULD imply a major forward shift in the EU vaccination schedule, as they enable (assuming a limited # of J&J) single shot vaccines) vacc'ing of 70% of ~370mn 16y+ in EU+NO by JULY and prob 100% by SEP.
70% of adults by July would imply dramatically lower hospitalizations across EU and de facto likely full reopening (with vacc-pasport at least). In other words (virus variants permitting), a more or less normal summer seems quite plausible in EU - just like in the US/UK.
:D

Last edited:
no chance, unfortunately. which is also the reason why I don't expect any "entry only for the vaccinated". they can put that policy in place when there's a vaccine available for anyone who wants one, and it is only up to you to get it or not, like in Israel. If you want a vaccination but there is none for you, this policy would be a discrimination and not hold up under EU law.
I haven’t seen anywhere the estimates for vaccinating the island, so dunno if there is no chance for end of June. How many adults live in Ibiza? 125k? Once the supplies pick up it shouldn’t be too tough to vaccinate everyone.

Vaccination passports are definitely in play for this summer imo

again, please do NOT discuss vaccines in the gossip thread guys. the corona thread is there for that. now that more stuff will be announced we really wanna focus on IBIZA GOSSIP in this thread and keep technical aspects of the pandemic out of this thread - unless of course we get some pointers by the govt.

again, please do NOT discuss vaccines in the gossip thread guys. the corona thread is there for that. now that more stuff will be announced we really wanna focus on IBIZA GOSSIP in this thread and keep technical aspects of the pandemic out of this thread - unless of course we get some pointers by the govt.
To be fair, the corona thread was unreadable when I last looked.

German tour operator Alltours demands to the Balearic gov't to ban drunk tourism...

IMG_20210310_064737.jpg

(Pay to access content on today's DDI so pointless to add the link. I'll read it later on paper)

Interesting interview. Never knew some of that and seems like a decent balanced owner, bias of course.

7am - 4pm Circo Loco really was amazing wasn’t it. Would love for that vibe / era to return. Still love Circo loco now but completely different

did anyone on here remember it from its earliest days ?

Last edited:
First time at DC-10 for me, winter 1995.
One the 2 or 3 craziest nights I spent in ibiza.

Some day I want the full jimmiz story :)

For me first year was 2000 or 2001. Went for a few years straight from Space on Monday mornings. It was a grind to make it until the terrace opened later in the day but what a glorious scene.

Distinctly remember a Monday in the mid-2000s, Danny T and Smokin Jo both dancing in complete anonymity, in broad daylight on a half-filled terrace, most people unable to see two feet in front of themselves...another person making the rounds in an inflatable dinghy...

A classic era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back