ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else wondering why there isn't any gossip about Ibiza hotels/clubs/venues finding "new" business to advertise? It seems likely that the season will not start with super club opening parties in May. So why are we not seeing alternative announcements for something like IDK, Joga retrites with Tech house theme? Luxory villa adds with Guetta live stream from studio Ibiza on back yard? (actually that's a bankable idea - stream live to select locations) anything likely to be possible to be open? There is just not many rumors at all at the moment🤔

Are we just too club rumor focused? Stivi is there any alternative action advertising Goin on?

hmm. personally I think it's a mixture of these factors...

- everyone is currently waiting to see what happens in the next two months or so. hotels and clubs. and obviously the clubs are waiting to hear from the gov't at some point if and how and when they'll be able to open. so far (from what I know) nothing has transpired yet and I don't expect we will for a while still.

- of course both hotels and venues have plans A, B and C in mind and will put them in motion depending on how the situation progresses. but I understand why right now everyone sort of lays low and just waits until numbers here get better (they finally do) and the vaccination campaign really gets underway.

- as for 'alternative action' - of course people have ideas and some of them might happen. the issue is though, NONE of those alternative ideas, not even all of them combined, will make up for the gap in crowds which there is if there's no nightlife. not even close. I could write a long essay about this subject, but in a nutshell, last year has shown how grave the consequences are for ibiza if there's no nightlife. so this winter even the most anti-clubbing spiritual yogis have somehow realized that, up to a certain degree, even they depend on there being some clubbing action (because funnily enough, a lot of clubbers suddenly turn into full blown spiritual folk at some point). disclaimer: I've got absolutely nothing against those people, but some are simply detached from reality if they think we could make ibiza work with retreats alone.

- resuming, for a lot of businesses, their plan of action for 2021 will heavily depend on whether the clubs can open in some form or not. if by easter or latest start of may the situation hasn't improved noticeably and thus the gov't stays strict, a few hotels will directly decide to stay shut again. I've said this before on here, a lot of ibiza lovers who did come last summer would probably not come this year if there's no clubbing again (especially because there might be clubbing elsewhere in the mediterranean).

but these are all scenarios. I personally still believe we will see the clubs opening in the second part of the summer.

see the clubs don't just charge silly money for drinks and tickets. some of them actually do their good deeds as well

see the clubs don't just charge silly money for drinks and tickets. some of them actually do their good deeds as well

Clubs do get a lot of slack at times but you can't do anything but applaud DC10 for that - kudos!

Will Ibiza be open in 2021? Everything we know so far

ibiza-airport.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back