ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We managed to get to Portugal last summer.

Straight down the party strip the first night and I couldn’t believe how ridiculously cheap the drinks were 🤷‍♂️ actually thought they’d made a mistake or something.

Noticed there was a Pacha affiliated bar in the middle of the strip. True to form the drinks prices were very expensive.

There are some things I won’t miss about Ibiza, if it does go down the pan on the back of all this Covid scenario.

I hope it doesn’t like, but the shifting sands of the world at the moment are taking their toll on everything.
How much were you paying out of interest?

I guess it depends where you compare to, on the west end you can still get 4 drinks for 10 euro, or even 3 for 6 in some places.

We went to Zante and due to restrictions I don't think we really saw the price difference as they didn't need to have deals on to entice people inside due to capacity limits and tables needed. It didn't help that in one bar we were buying the waiter a drink every time we ordered and getting him drunk with us 😂.
Couple that with spending all day at a beach bar and I managed to spend as much as Ibiza 🤦‍♂️

to bring the discussion back to ibiza...as far as I can tell, as of now, lots of clubs still have the same approach for 2021: open whenever and in whatever format possible. but we'll have to be patient, I think it's gonna take a while still until we hear any actual info. everyone depends on the government and until the situation isn't a lot better and the vaccination is progressing quicker, we shouldn't expect the gov't to announce anything I believe

How much were you paying out of interest?

I guess it depends where you compare to, on the west end you can still get 4 drinks for 10 euro, or even 3 for 6 in some places.

We went to Zante and due to restrictions I don't think we really saw the price difference as they didn't need to have deals on to entice people inside due to capacity limits and tables needed. It didn't help that in one bar we were buying the waiter a drink every time we ordered and getting him drunk with us 😂.
Couple that with spending all day at a beach bar and I managed to spend as much as Ibiza 🤦‍♂️

Bloody hell, lucky waiter 😄

I don’t actually recall the exact prices, I just remember us both being shocked at how cheap the rounds were on the first night out.

I suppose we’ve been mainly going to ibiza for a good few years now and maybe we had become too familiar with the extortionate price’s you pay even for bottles of water 😐

It will be interesting to see what sort of Ibiza emerges after this Covid crisis.

We went to Pacha at Sharm El Sheikh in 2012, dont know if we were just glad to get out the resort but as far as Egyptian clubs go we thought it was a good night (good of been the dodgy vodka playing tricks my mind though)
I was also at Pacha in Sharm, I thought that was nice indeed!

Mykonos is one of the very few other sunshine destinations in Europe now were they will get away with being able to charge the crazy prices they do in Ibiza
Mykonos has been expensive for as long as ibiza i think , you can add St -Tropez and Marbella too . Nothing really new , those 4 destinations have been known to be expensive for decades...

Mykonos has been expensive for as long as ibiza i think , you can add St -Tropez and Marbella too . Nothing really new , those 4 destinations have been known to be expensive for decades...
Absolutely, as to why I'm not shocked on their choice

out of topic-

how was carola at pacha?

anything close to amnesia vibe?

This is a bit of non-comparison in my view. Rightly or wrongly Carola has changed a lot over the last few years. Is the vibe in Pacha the same as Amnesia at 9-10am back in 2015 - probably not. But he has moved his sound from less techno to more tech-house. He has attracted a different crowd, and seems to be working for him. I mean Pacha was sold out a few times in 2019 for MusicON - so something must be working.

True, BUT in Ibiza (and Marbella) you can still find pockets of cheap-ness. You can find a cheap bar that does cheap bear, you can still get the odd £50 flight, or a bed for £40 each. Try finding that in Mykonos or the South of France.

True, BUT in Ibiza (and Marbella) you can still find pockets of cheap-ness. You can find a cheap bar that does cheap bear, you can still get the odd £50 flight, or a bed for £40 each. Try finding that in Mykonos or the South of France.
Agree , however in south of France u can still find local restaurants where you can eat for 10 -15€ and have 1L of nice local wine for 15€ !
but yeah , Spain still definitely cheaper .

I wonder if this will still be the case after we get through this Covid situation.

I reckon the economic factors will have massively changed in regards to cheap flights and destinations etc.

Their will be plenty at stake in a very competitive tourism market. I wonder who will emerge as winners and losers.

Yeah, I think Ibiza gets a bad press re costs, when you have a perfectly good holiday experience relatively cheaply. No-one is making you pay 22 euros for a vodka coke in Pacha, you can have a great menu del dia with a cana for half that

Last edited:
Mykonos was the most money-driven/flash-your-cash place I've ever been to. They were selling bottles of champagne in Scorpios for 20k euros each. They were the 6l ones but even so....20k on a bottle of champagne? I had to take a picture of the menu so people would believe me at home.

If you didn't look like you were minted the staff would ignore you in some places...you had helicopter pads next to some of the beach clubs, absolutely mad.

Anyone else wondering why there isn't any gossip about Ibiza hotels/clubs/venues finding "new" business to advertise? It seems likely that the season will not start with super club opening parties in May. So why are we not seeing alternative announcements for something like IDK, Joga retrites with Tech house theme? Luxory villa adds with Guetta live stream from studio Ibiza on back yard? (actually that's a bankable idea - stream live to select locations) anything likely to be possible to be open? There is just not many rumors at all at the moment🤔

Are we just too club rumor focused? Stivi is there any alternative action advertising Goin on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back