ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next week there will be a meeting between Ocio de Ibiza and the government to see if it's possible to celebrete the announced closing parties...

I dont expect a final decision next week . But I think its possible to see if there is a chance at all. Lets see what they publish.
Maybe have to read between the lines.
Makes no sense to decide 1 week before. Dont know how long the clubs need to prepare for a event ( one off event ).
Dont know what it takes to open for one ore two nights ( administrative , personell ).

I dont expect a final decision next week . But I think its possible to see if there is a chance at all
I think I heard on the radio this morning that the government are having a meeting today to evaluate this and other topics so we might have an idea about their plans before they meet with O.d.I.

I think I heard on the radio this morning that the government are having a meeting today to evaluate this and other topics so we might have an idea about their plans before they meet with O.d.I.

These are News ...

Lets see what they say. There are a lot of people , who are waiting for this , I would bet.

Meh. Saw similar things last year🤷‍♂️. As for 2021 gossip dns closing party still ‘up in the air’ word from someone i know who’s involved in it

also i saw a cafe Mambo post saying they’re stopping open until 2am. Has it always been a late bar?

Can you even have a Closing Party when you haven't even Opened? 🤔

And as for Mambo I don't think so, that's an interesting interesting move, to state the obvious it goes quiet after Sunset unless there's a big name on, and 2am is a long time after Sunset in September/October. But worth a try for them I suppose.

Cova Santa
16 Sep Jamie Jones
18 Sep Joseph Capriati

according to their website. Would have liked both dates but of course a couple of weeks ago I booked the 17th and now I’m starting to worry that date will be a huge letdown… 😅

Meh. Saw similar things last year🤷‍♂️. As for 2021 gossip dns closing party still ‘up in the air’ word from someone i know who’s involved in it

also i saw a cafe Mambo post saying they’re stopping open until 2am. Has it always been a late bar?
Mambo basically dies down around 12-1 AM regular times. Let's see how this new strategy works

According to DDI, yesterday the government said in the reunion with O.d.I. next week they will not set a date for the opening of the Ibiza clubs yet. "The meeting is to see how it should be done, not to set a date", they said.

Does mambo release which DJs are playing on any given date? Coming over 21st to 24th sept but unsure what date to pick, got sunset ashram booked for Friday 24th 👍🏼

Does mambo release which DJs are playing on any given date?
Sometimes the night before or more often in the early afternoon on the day itself.

But to be honest, they haven't had the regular "big" names like they normal would. Mostly residents

And when they have had bigger names, they tend to keep quiet about it, because they simply don't want big crowds congregating on the rocks and the promenade

You're more likely to find out by the DJ themselves publicising on their channels

Last edited:
Sometimes the night before or more often in the early afternoon on the day itself.

But to be honest, they haven't had the regular "big" names like they normal would. Mostly residents

And when they have had bigger names, they tend to keep quiet about it, because they simply don't want big crowds congregating on the rocks and the promenade

You're more likely to find out by the DJ themselves publicising on their channels
Ahh fair enough then, all the sunset times are booked up anyway was looking at a later table, thanks very much for your reply 👍🏼

Was it 2008 when DC10 opened for a joint opening/closing after being shut since the previous summer? So it's not without precedence

There are one off events in a (normal ) year in Ibiza
NYE , Halloween and so on. The name doesnt matter. If its possible , they will open for one , two or three events , to show : We are back and alive.
Only my opinion.

According to DDI, yesterday the government said in the reunion with O.d.I. next week they will not set a date for the opening of the Ibiza clubs yet. "The meeting is to see how it should be done, not to set a date", they said.
the fact that they are at least talking about how it should be done gives me a slight hope fingers crossed

There are one off events in a (normal ) year in Ibiza
NYE , Halloween and so on. The name doesnt matter. If its possible , they will open for one , two or three events , to show : We are back and alive.
Only my opinion.
What does it all mean in terms of outdoor big scale events now. Surely those are now safe to run. Do we think we will get changes there or outdoor events starting earlier/festival timings?
I noticed that the Catalonia gov are getting rid of 10 person limit and opening up more on 10th Sept, tomorrow in Barcelona. Surely this must be a good sign for the Balaerics too?

What does it all mean in terms of outdoor big scale events now. Surely those are now safe to run. Do we think we will get changes there or outdoor events starting earlier/festival timings?
I noticed that the Catalonia gov are getting rid of 10 person limit and opening up more on 10th Sept, tomorrow in Barcelona. Surely this must be a good sign for the Balaerics too?

Safe to run ? Maybe They dont want a event , which goes wrong. That would be a problem for longer time.
Catalonia can be a good sign. I dont want to be the guy , who has to make this decision.
Everyone who wants too much gets nothing. Thats valid for the whole life.

These guys are lame AF. They're totally hellbent on destroying the nightlife. They're just using the pandemic as an excuse.

And to the other guy who was talking about how there's festivals and other European locales for partying- you don't understand Ibiza at all. It's the premier place for partying, it holds so much historical significance and influences the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back