ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to the other guy who was talking about how there's festivals and other European locales for partying- you don't understand Ibiza at all. It's the premier place for partying, it holds so much historical significance and influences the scene.
While I get the historical thing - I must admit for the last 10 years some of the sparkle on the nightlife has gone. Even more so with the loss of Space. While Amnesia, DC10 and Privilege offer a fairly unique clubbing opportunity, the line ups can now be seen pretty much any other club or festival in the world over that summer - and with the hours restrictions I'd argue against it being the 'Premier' place for partying.

While I get the historical thing - I must admit for the last 10 years some of the sparkle on the nightlife has gone. Even more so with the loss of Space. While Amnesia, DC10 and Privilege offer a fairly unique clubbing opportunity, the line ups can now be seen pretty much any other club or festival in the world over that summer - and with the hours restrictions I'd argue against it being the 'Premier' place for partying.
I think it’s just an evolution. New clubs and nights have replaced those that have gone and they are aimed at different markets. There is still nowhere like Ibiza (in whatever normal times were) for the variety of clubbing options over a prolonged period (5-6 months a year). It is just that they aren’t aimed at us. There are still options there for me though, it’s just not like it used to be. However, a 46 year olds part time clubber with 30 years experience of visiting the island isn’t actually the target market.

I agree with all above. Interests are shifting, like they have always done.

When considering historical elements I would not only consider deejays/days gone though.

A wide variety of people have settled on the island past decades who were won for the openness and free spirit it has/d to offer, and who will propagate this feeling to their last breath.

No matter how big the difference is with continental festivities these days, in the end it's all rather pale compared to the colorful life this tiny Mediterranean spot has to offer.

Last edited:
I agree with all above. Interests are shifting, like they have always done.

When considering historical elements I would not only consider deejays/days gone though.

A wide variety of people have settled on the island past decades who were won for openness and free spirit it has/d to offer, and who will propagate this feeling to their last breath.

No matter how big the difference is with continental festivities these days, in the end it's all rather pale compared to colorful life this tiny Mediterranean spot has to offer.
I agree with this too. There are still options for the older clubber. But there are definitely less of them because the wider range of options are aimed at a much younger crowd. That’s the way it should be imo. Long gone are the days of me going out clubbing 5-7 nights a week so it suits me fine to select my nights around other things. 46 year olds are not where the mass market is for the clubs. It’s logical and good that the wider choice is aimed at younger people imo. But that means a different experience for the rest of us. Other resorts (in Mexico, Argentina, Croatia, Miami, other parts of the Med, etc) offer a big range over a much shorter period of time. That’s the difference. Nowhere has been able to sustain the weekly range of options over a long period that Ibiza does. It’s only rival is Berlin imo.

Last edited:
Just continuing on the current state of clubbing... Has anyone been at Bora Bora night parties lately ? We are looking at Wednesday 15th - there does not seem to be anything interesting on the island on that day. So maybe Bora is as good as we can get on that day. Is music and atmosphere good at Bora ? Never been there before.

We went last week - late afternoon / early evening. Music was very loud, they kind if split the inside into 2 - the entrance bit is sit down only, table service. The 'dancefloor' bit I think is bottle service only but in front of DJ box.

Taking a sun bed on the beach could be a good tactic, with own drinks, potentially dance on sand etc. Was loud though and music was pretty decent.

We went last week - late afternoon / early evening. Music was very loud, they kind if split the inside into 2 - the entrance bit is sit down only, table service. The 'dancefloor' bit I think is bottle service only but in front of DJ box.

Taking a sun bed on the beach could be a good tactic, with own drinks, potentially dance on sand etc. Was loud though and music was pretty decent.
Thanks . Do you mind if I ask you a few questions by DM ?

Can anyone report on Oceanbeach on their wednesday event, Hotbed?

We have a bed arranged but honestly thinking to cancel it just because we don't believe we will get a decent enough experience to justify the cost...

It looks pretty quiet on the socials

Can anyone report on Oceanbeach on their wednesday event, Hotbed?

We have a bed arranged but honestly thinking to cancel it just because we don't believe we will get a decent enough experience to justify the cost...

It looks pretty quiet on the socials

Hot Bed is certainly one of the quieter events my understanding. Have you looked at Wildchild? The Music was actually really good to and I would say about 80% full last week.

There are one off events in a (normal ) year in Ibiza
NYE , Halloween and so on. The name doesnt matter. If its possible , they will open for one , two or three events , to show : We are back and alive.
Only my opinion.

I agree that there may be interest from the clubs in making a 'we are back! Book your tickets for NYE and 2022 now' impact on social media, even if they make a smallish loss on the night itself.

I agree that there may be interest from the clubs in making a 'we are back! Book your tickets for NYE and 2022 now' impact on social media, even if they make a smallish loss on the night itself.

Thats the question if they make a loss. But its their secret and not for the public. Maybe the owner tells ?
Remember : Pacha was open the whole year at weekends in earlier days. I could not imagine they lost something. Its a question
of the expenditure you spend for the events.

Thats the question if they make a loss. But its their secret and not for the public. Maybe the owner tells ?
Remember : Pacha was open the whole year at weekends in earlier days. I could not imagine they lost something. Its a question
of the expenditure you spend for the events.

In this case there is a one-off cost getting the clubs cleaned up, electrics tested etc, to then mothball the club again until NYE or May 2022.

You are right though that it's possible to hold lower profile, lower cost events, I've been in Es Paradis where they've had like 1 staff member per Bar on for example.

Quite late season-wise to come up with such protest action, especially for a place where the leisure industry is heavily organised.

Some lovely scenery in there though!

In this case there is a one-off cost getting the clubs cleaned up, electrics tested etc, to then mothball the club again until NYE or May 2022.

You are right though that it's possible to hold lower profile, lower cost events, I've been in Es Paradis where they've had like 1 staff member per Bar on for example.

0,5 staff member / bar has to be fast enough

I think they have been protesting behind the scenes...
For sure. Additionally timing of vaccination campaign, test event,... hasnt't been favorable for summer businesses. The window of opportunity has been very small throughout the season. Things would have been different in a less polarized political climate, but that's a delusional utopian way of thinking. We've come to here, let's make the best of it.

For sure. Additionally timing of vaccination campaign, test event,... hasnt't been favorable for summer businesses. The window of opportunity has been very small throughout the season. Things would have been different in a less polarized political climate, but that's a delusional utopian way of thinking. We've come to here, let's make the best of it.

exactly. there really was no point in lobbying earlier when the hospital was full and the vaccination campaign only started to pick up speed.

now there's really light at the end of the tunnel here, it's just a matter of time now. I'm not confident the local gov't will lift the dancing ban in time for the closings, but hope dies last. if not, dc10 on NYD it is :)

also, cova santa yesterday was BIG FUN. get a table on the main floor, you won't regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back