ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't count on it. The only thing that gets extended are the measures...
Unless you're down for seated events, no dancing, masks etc.

For a "normal" Ibiza trip that includes clubbing I would move it to 2022, especially if you're already experienced the "restricted" Ibiza in June.

Wouldn't count on it. The only thing that gets extended are the measures...
Unless you're down for seated events, no dancing, masks etc.

For a "normal" Ibiza trip that includes clubbing I would move it to 2022, especially if you're already experienced the "restricted" Ibiza in June.

he was here in june (when it was actually still pretty quiet) and had a great time as he wrote above…and he doesn't seem to ask for 'normal'…?

@RickRST - hard to tell. lots of businesses do wanna extend, but it's all down to bookings. and dependimg who you listen to the feedback is pretty different.

if you can, wait a little and see how things look in two weeks or so

he was here in june (when it was actually still pretty quiet) and had a great time as he wrote above…and he doesn't seem to ask for 'normal'…?

@RickRST - hard to tell. lots of businesses do wanna extend, but it's all down to bookings. and dependimg who you listen to the feedback is pretty different.

if you can, wait a little and see how things look in two weeks or so
I was there in June and had a great time.
But I wouldn't do Ibiza with restrictions twice a year so that was my comment.
I get that it's not very helpful for the tourism in ibiza if people are being negative about this whole "seated down events pretending to be a party" situation.

I was there in June and had a great time.
But I wouldn't do Ibiza with restrictions twice a year so that was my comment.
I get that it's not very helpful for the tourism in ibiza if people are being negative about this whole "seated down events pretending to be a party" situation.

I do get that people don't like that and I understand you for that. my point was that the OP had in no way mentioned parties or anything which is why I found your comment a little strange that is all.

I do get that people don't like that and I understand you for that. my point was that the OP had in no way mentioned parties or anything which is why I found your comment a little strange that is all.
Looking back at it...I see your point. Probably my mood after seeing the F1 races here while events are still banned here and in Spain.
Was only giving my 2 cents but that might have been a bit colored and I agree he didn't mention any parties. I do sincerely hope any type of tourism gets extended in Ibiza btw.

I am looking for advices
I will be in Ibiza with my wife from 18-20 September.
We are from Italy and we are looking for ‘parties’, even seated with no dancing but good music, as we didn’t have one since the pandemic started.
I was considering Palmarama at Ushuaia on 19th with Martinez Brothers but I am not sure how:
- Should I book Ushuaia room for 2 nights and join the party as ‘hotel guest’, but I understood that the space for hotel guests might be far from DJ booth.
- Should I book another hotel and go for VIP table at Ushuaia? In this case I understood that drinks at table are super expensive and we might pay 1k and just get 1lt of sangria.
Let’s say we have 1.5k budget maximum and the goal is to have a proper night even with COVID restrictions, feel free to suggest also any alternative to Ushuaia, maybe Cova Santa?
Thanks in advance for your reply

Hi. We are in nearly same position: planning a short trip with my wife and looking for good music. We are only a few days earlier than you . I have been doing some research and asking around. It looks like the best night parties (till 1 am) are in Ushuaia, Cova, NUI and Bora Bora. I have also heard that Tantra has some good nights though not much info is available on the net.

anyway, I am still doing this search. You are welcome to DM if you want to exchange information. Good luck

By the way, I think the minimum spend in Ushuaia is 2,000 euro. So it might be out of your budget. In any case , I struck down it form my list since it sounds like it is a bit glamorous and pretentious for us. We prefer places with a more relaxed and fun atmosphere.

By the way, I think the minimum spend in Ushuaia is 2,000 euro. So it might be out of your budget. In any case , I struck down it form my list since it sounds like it is a bit glamorous and pretentious for us. We prefer places with a more relaxed and fun atmosphere.

the minimum spend depends on the date and the location of the table, it's not that easy.

the minimum spend depends on the date and the location of the table, it's not that easy.
any idea on how much it could be for a Sunday (19th Sept) with Martinez Brothers? would be worth to consider booking directly hotel room and 'party' as hotel guest?

- Should I book Ushuaia room for 2 nights and join the party as ‘hotel guest’, but I understood that the space for hotel guests might be far from DJ booth.
- Should I book another hotel and go for VIP table at Ushuaia? In this case I understood that drinks at table are super expensive and we might pay 1k and just get 1lt of sangria.
No disrespect to Ushuaïa, they've worked with the restrictions at short notice and booked stellar guests after all, but I think you'd be disappointed if you went for the first option. In a "normal" year, yeah sure, great idea. For the Palmarama format, you'd really be away from the action, as it were.

Depending on your budget, it is an expensive thing to do, there's no getting away from that. If cost is a factor, then Cova Santa is going to be a cheaper option (but still not cheap)

Depending on where you sit at Cova Santa, you can combine with dinner. The food is good and on par with high-end restaurant, so you can kill 2 birds with one stone, if that's something that appeals?

You can also eat at Ushuaïa, but with the sushi it's less of a dinner feel and is extra, so can't be redeemed against your minimum spend

I am looking for advices
I will be in Ibiza with my wife from 18-20 September.
We are from Italy and we are looking for ‘parties’, even seated with no dancing but good music, as we didn’t have one since the pandemic started.
I was considering Palmarama at Ushuaia on 19th with Martinez Brothers but I am not sure how:
Let’s say we have 1.5k budget maximum and the goal is to have a proper night even with COVID restrictions, feel free to suggest also any alternative to Ushuaia, maybe Cova Santa?
Thanks in advance for your reply
In addition to all the replies and because you asked for alternatives...there's more than Ushuaia and Cova Santa.
If you go to Sunset Asram on a Friday you might even have a bigger chance of a cheeky dance at your table (standing up that is).
There are pretty good nights at Las Dalias to have a seated event and there is no minimum spent.

Off course, you won't "see" Martinez Brothers or Tale of Us...but you should question yourself it it's worth the money if you can't even dance to their music. This is based on my experience in June, so it might be outdated.

Also, still a lot of "promoters" offering paid villa parties in what's app groups. I didn't go there when I was there...and I'm not saying it's a smart thing to do, but they happen.

Thanks for all your input.
Just one additional questions:
Nobody is at all considering the chance to get the Ushuaia room and maybe dancing from the balcony? Why? It would cost like a table but would give me the chance to hear (not probably see) Black Coffee and TMB. On that any experience to join the 'dance-floor' as hotel guest? I heard that hotel guests get dedicated space but might be far from DJ.

Ushuaia is just not the same as normal, that’s it. As @stivi and @WIC has said, your only real way to get something from it is to book a table positioned for the stage. The free resident ones have been highlighted as shit. And trust me, this is coming from Stivi who knows the exact square metre to stand on to maximise his experience on the Amnesia terrace. If you want a full Ushuaia experience, you ain’t going to get it and you might as well have a Bluetooth speaker on your balcony, or save it for a daring sex night.
Morning everyone btw
Has Divers account been infiltrated by the ghost of Craig72?

Ushuaia is just not the same as normal, that’s it. As @stivi and @WIC has said, your only real way to get something from it is to book a table positioned for the stage. The free resident ones have been highlighted as shit. And trust me, this is coming from Stivi who knows the exact square metre to stand on to maximise his experience on the Amnesia terrace. If you want a full Ushuaia experience, you ain’t going to get it and you might as well have a Bluetooth speaker on your balcony, or save it for a daring sex night.
Morning everyone btw
Talking of BlueTooth speakersok... I am getting old....Ive stayed at Ushaia Tower just last week...last Friday night and Saturday night two separate balconies music full on to about 5am....ok music was good lol but boy that wastough to try and sleep through....and i need sleep so could work on Monday (today!)...I know ill get my coat I'm officially old.

Morning everyone btw
What genre does 'Daring Sex' play?

Morning everyone btw

erm just to point out that isn't what I actually said!

on gossip, flying circus announced for this week's friday at cova santa!

audiofly, birds of mind and more. nice one.

mentioned this elsewhere too, but anyway.

in other spanish autonomias close by nightlife is slowly reopening. in valencia from tonight, in catalonia talks are underway. seeing that on the other islands in our archipelago there isn't any nightly reunions curfew anymore makes me think it cannot be that long until we finally get green lights too.

will it be just in time for an end of season boogie? or will dc10 on NYD be the first real one (and maybe pacha NYE?) - I have a feeling things start moving a little now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back