*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. It’s such a strong brand. And the sound was certainly popular for some inexplicable reason a couple of years ago. I just think it’s disappointing how good djs compromise to fit the style. I also find the popularity of Oliva quite extraordinary. At a time when many female djs are chastised for being manufactured, he takes the biscuit under the banner of hi / Ushuaia. He could literally play the same nondescript record for two hours and no one would notice
I know I am going to see him here in Madrid for my friends bday.....not excited! would rather see ilario alicante who is playing a couple of weeks after

I've been at Ants a few times (3-4), I personally like the line-up in most cases... but I never had a great day/night, it's too snobby for me...

Only been to Ants once (free tix) and unsurprisingly it was dreadful. How can hours of electronic music be so dull? It should be named something like Geoff Boycott house.

It’s odd though that such a commercial venue has two of the most tedious events with Dance or Die (what does that even mean?) being the other affront to the island’s free spirited musical ethos. I’d honestly rather spend the afternoon in B&Q choosing a new emulation for a garage repaint than going to either of those. Assume it’s a bit like those strange steak houses around Leicester Sq in London, which offer awful food but are always mystifyingly busy.

Haven’t gone to Ants in awhile, but when I did go, I would go earlier when the DJ booth is in the back and always had a really good time.

Same for me... Had an amazing time in the back with the like of Sneak, Michel Cleis, Tube & Berger,... ;-)

Same for me... Had an amazing time in the back with the like of Sneak, Michel Cleis, Tube & Berger,... ;-)

Agree to this. Had some great afternoons there 2013-2015 period. The long and short of it is Ants just hasn’t changed that much over the years. Do the “workers” still go to the pre 21:00 back stage part? I’m not an Ushuaia hater, but finishing at 2300, I just can’t imagine how most parties actually get going before they close

Only been to Ants once (free tix) and unsurprisingly it was dreadful. How can hours of electronic music be so dull? It should be named something like Geoff Boycott house.

It’s odd though that such a commercial venue has two of the most tedious events with Dance or Die (what does that even mean?) being the other affront to the island’s free spirited musical ethos. I’d honestly rather spend the afternoon in B&Q choosing a new emulation for a garage repaint than going to either of those. Assume it’s a bit like those strange steak houses around Leicester Sq in London, which offer awful food but are always mystifyingly busy.
Yes defo dance or die another ants number 2 boring tech house

Haven’t gone to Ants in awhile, but when I did go, I would go earlier when the DJ booth is in the back and always had a really good time.
whenever I go early i'm beat by the time headliners are going on. I'm like "yay" and then I head for the door. lol

Do the “workers” still go to the pre 21:00 back stage part? I’m not an Ushuaia hater, but finishing at 2300, I just can’t imagine how most parties actually get going before they close

Last time I went (2018) this was still a thing. I like the vibe back there, but generally leave once mainstage is opened haha!

From reddit, thought the source was ibiza insider, but not sure, just posting this here for further confirmation (or speculation ;-)

- camelphat with a residency at Ushuaia
- solardo to amnesia
- fisher gets his own night at hi

From reddit, thought the source was ibiza insider, but not sure, just posting this here for further confirmation (or speculation ;-)

- solardo to amnesia

No idea the difference between these three acts. Are they the same? Do they play together? Is it like the commercial version of Apollonia?

- solardo to amnesia
Camelphat is going to be Tuesdays at Ushuaia

Not my bag but I’m surprised to see Hi tuesdays break up. Thought it was meant to be packed out with low cost dj fees. Comparatively low door tax though and I bet the fees for camelphat and solardo have sky rocketed for this season.

- solardo to amnesia
Think TOU have been playing camelphat tracks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back