*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it felt like everything went sort of electro-house around 2005 and then a little bit later dubstep came on after 2010. From that came future bass i.e. bassnectar, madeon, illenium, & porter robinson with whom I've become more familiar in the last two years.

I never heard Sven Vath do trance. I had no idea he had done any, but I like his Sound of the Season series. I used to have an epic Dave Ralph (of Tranceport fame) CD that was from the Love Parade. I don't remember what year though.

Sven was very much a full on trance dj for a very long time.

The scene isn’t dead. It exists as a throwback genre with a few events focussed on the 90s and 00s. But the scene lost its producers as they went elsewhere in search of $$$€€€£££ abd they were not replaced. The scene for new trance sounds is very small but is there. I don’t think any genre has experienced such highs and lows in popularity in such a short space of time.
I started seeing Sven quiet often from 1998 onward , he was playing some trance in his set , but never heard a full trance set from him ! You are talking about beginning of 90’s or even before then ? Wasn’t aware of that ... thanks for your comment ?

indeed sven played lots of trance but never exclusively. I remember him saying in an interview „I never stopped playing trance“ :) which is actually true.

We’ve had this discussion a few times on here and probably not a ‘gossip’ discussion. I’d say trance as a genre has in the last couple of years had a small but decent resurgence. There are quite a few young talented producers coming through and it’s not all For an angel remixes. The US particularly has far more trance events than the UK now. The huge US festival type dance events book a lot of names like Will Atkinson, Solarstone, John O’Callaghan etc. Mainly one-off parties though. The UK’s trance scene is of course a shadow of its former self but it’s still there if you look hard enough and want new rather than classic nights.

Re Ibiza trance, interested in Stivi’s comments that there might be another event coming. As good as Shine is, PvD does seem to mainly book his mates.

I started seeing Sven quiet often from 1998 onward , he was playing some trance in his set , but never heard a full trance set from him ! You are talking about beginning of 90’s or even before then ? Wasn’t aware of that ... thanks for your comment ?
Mid 90s. For a few years he was playing sets dominated by tech trance and hard trance. Here is one that’s a lot more melodic and less hard.

Edit - in fact there is some prog going on in here too!

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way the Hi Odyssey passes raise to 100€ instead of 80€.

100 euro?

YlR1d1U.gif

Drove from Holland to Germany for love parade in the 90s with 4 others.. probably one of the best times of my life..
A shame it had to end after what happened in Duisburg. I went to the only one in the UK in Leeds (about ten miles from my house) and it was incredible, but inside a public park a few miles out of town.

Think it was a year or two before that.. I remember Sasha playing on Top floor of a carpark... ?

Last edited:
I’d say Trance is still going strong, not as strong as it once was but there are still plenty of nights in the UK and festivals such as Dreamstate, Luminosity, ASOT & Transmission off the top of my head around the world.

I’d say Trance is still going strong, not as strong as it once was but there are still plenty of nights in the UK and festivals such as Dreamstate, Luminosity, ASOT & Transmission off the top of my head around the world.
Asot?! Agree about the others but they are all retro based now sadly. There is a nu-trance scene, but it’s tiny. The genre has suffered massively from the producer exodus to edm. Solarstone, Barone, subculture, Fleming and a few others are managing and leading the fight back but we are talking small scale output. It’s sad to see as we know old skool trance is a big hit with younger crowds when the techno djs drop it. PVD, Corsten and SVD are all active but more than half their sets are old tunes or remixes of old tunes and they all took diversions into edm or trouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never see them anywhere.

My question is... is there something missing from this setup? I'm not 100% on what is even needed to dj; especially not at this point. I expect it continues to change, but I know that CDJs came onto the scene at some point during my party-going career...

1581899597448.png

Last edited:
I never see them anywhere.

My question is... is there something missing from this setup? I'm not 100% on what is even needed to dj; especially not at this point. I expect it continues to change, but I know that CDJs came onto the scene at some point during my party-going career...

View attachment 8354

add a pair of headphones and you‘re good to go...or add two turntables to this and you've also covered the vinyl playing DJs

100 euro?

YlR1d1U.gif

it's a 24hr party. I'm not saying 100€ is a fantastic deal, but if you consider that for a regular party during the season at either ushuaïa or hï you pay around 50€ to get in and get 6-7hrs of music max, then it's actually not that expensive I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back