*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hit the west end so on that front I genuinely couldn't care less. that said I believe the rule might be reverted again for this summer?

as for ushuaïa - does anyone ever call it a night after ushuaïa? nah. so you're simply in the club by 12:30 or 1am rather than at 2am when ushuaïa went until midnight.

alcohol sales don't stop then in bars. if you want to buy to stock, just go during the day.

glass half empty or half full? now get those flights booked and stop whining. there's a few good bits coming out for this season that much I can tell ya! :)

I know I can buy booze at the bars but I'd like to save money by not buying at the stores. I'd like to also save time by not having to stock up earlier. I usually buy booze before midnight in prep for the night party but now I'm inconvenienced by hiding my booze in some ditch.

i know this may sound ridiculous but there's plenty of ppl who follow this same strategy. In my home state we sell till 22:00, come on now. My alcoholic party needs must be met!

I don't hit the west end so on that front I genuinely couldn't care less. that said I believe the rule might be reverted again for this summer?

as for ushuaïa - does anyone ever call it a night after ushuaïa? nah. so you're simply in the club by 12:30 or 1am rather than at 2am when ushuaïa went until midnight.

alcohol sales don't stop then in bars. if you want to buy to stock, just go during the day.

glass half empty or half full? now get those flights booked and stop whining. there's a few good bits coming out for this season that much I can tell ya! :)
Tbf, I don’t think a lot of people do go clubbing after Ushuaia. They go to bars or back to the hotel but there ain’t a lot of doubling up going on. They either can’t afford it or they are of the new generation where daytime clubbing rules.

I know I can buy booze at the bars but I'd like to save money by not buying at the stores. I'd like to also save time by not having to stock up earlier. I usually buy booze before midnight in prep for the night party but now I'm inconvenienced by hiding my booze in some ditch.

i know this may sound ridiculous but there's plenty of ppl who follow this same strategy. In my home state we sell till 22:00, come on now. My alcoholic party needs must be met!
I think you just need to forward plan a bit.

Tbf, I don’t think a lot of people do go clubbing after Ushuaia. They go to bars or back to the hotel but there ain’t a lot of doubling up going on. They either can’t afford it or they are of the new generation where daytime clubbing rules.

We're like this now. Coming out of a nightclub when it was bright and a new day didn't bother me when I was younger but these days I'm not able for it. I love daytime clubbing and events, Home early enough and up fresh to enjoy the next day.

I like both daytime and nighttime clubbing. I love a good daytime sesh actually, but if the party is good there's no way of stopping me at 11pm (unless it's an all dayer carry on from the night before of course)
Anyway, there's no way to stop you.
#machine

Might be time to call 2020 my last Ibiza trip... It's bad enough that Trance has been shoved out in favour of EDM... Can't stand to watch the island succumb to Trap/Reggaeton
Imo it’s not gonna last for ever ! It’s just a trend that will last for a few years and then gone . The music we love will be there forever don’t worry to much buddy ?

Last edited:
Imo it’s not gonna last for ever ! It’s just a trend that will last for a few years and then gone . The music we love will be there forever don’t worry to much buddy ?
Beginning of 2000’s they brought hip hop and Rnb to the island ! It last for a bit only ...

Other things but very different : they were also lots of famous gay party on the island , at least 1 or 2 in each club and some were working very well! a shame imo that the gay community have decreased a lot , they were bringing more freedom , equality and tolerance to the island . I’m not gay myself but been to many of them and always lots of fun !

I hate reegaeton myself but I’m not so worry about this on the island

amnesia's had a reggaeton night two years ago already. hardly any news. even if the big clubs will have one latin party per venue this year (as they did last year), calling it 'succumb to' is a bit of an exagerration isn't it? don't get me wrong, I really can't stand that sound myself personally, but I don't mind that the clubs mix it up a little.

as for trance...yeah, not much left. shine on thursdays for now and I hear whispers of something else but...too early to tell.
Having accidently attending half of trance week last year I found it to work well for the scene. I grew up with it and as much as I love the old style it is "f***ed". Mass respect to those that put the effort in year after year to promote it but for me it's done!.

What really sticks in my mind was meeting a guy in his early 40s who was substance free and followed Ferry Corsten around Europe no matter what. He had no kids or wife, I was keen to think he was a weirdo but then realised he was just a super fan. I love trance and I love Ibiza but maybe it's time to say goodbye?

Having accidently attending half of trance week last year I found it to work well for the scene. I grew up with it and as much as I love the old style it is "f***ed". Mass respect to those that put the effort in year after year to promote it but for me it's done!.

What really sticks in my mind was meeting a guy in his early 40s who was substance free and followed Ferry Corsten around Europe no matter what. He had no kids or wife, I was keen to think he was a weirdo but then realised he was just a super fan. I love trance and I love Ibiza but maybe it's time to say goodbye?
I do know what you mean, but this could apply to anything, like following a band or football team. Why not Ferry? ? It wasn’t me by the way, although I have seen him in a few different countries! I’m nearly at 40 and wondering if things like an 8 hour Factor B set in Birmingham is the best way to spend a weekend or even doing trance week again. For the time being it is but only just.

Last edited:

Trance is over , but as you said , you met a guy in his early 40’s who was still fan of trance music , I think that people that are between 35 and 45 years old grew up with this sound , i was a fan myself in the past end of 90’s beginning of 2000’s ! The gap between house , techno and trance wasn’t big during those years , almost all the event during that time had trance and techno artists on the same stage ! Like Paul Van Dyk following by Sven Vath .. even Sven play some trance sound in his early age ! Many of us did the transition from trance to techno 15-20 years ago ! I have some friends that are still loving it because they were partying hard during that time and then stop going out ( wife , kids...) and didn’t make the transition to the techno . Trance imo is just a old electronic sound who has not involved but you still can find part of it in the sound of now ( melodic , progressive and deep techno )

Trance is over , but as you said , you met a guy in his early 40’s who was still fan of trance music , I think that people that are between 35 and 45 years old grew up with this sound , i was a fan myself in the past end of 90’s beginning of 2000’s ! The gap between house , techno and trance wasn’t big during those years , almost all the event during that time had trance and techno artists on the same stage ! Like Paul Van Dyk following by Sven Vath .. even Sven play some trance sound in his early age ! Many of us did the transition from trance to techno 15-20 years ago ! I have some friends that are still loving it because they were partying hard during that time and then stop going out ( wife , kids...) and didn’t make the transition to the techno . Trance imo is just a old electronic sound who has not involved but you still can find part of it in the sound of now ( melodic , progressive and deep techno )
Sven was very much a full on trance dj for a very long time.

The scene isn’t dead. It exists as a throwback genre with a few events focussed on the 90s and 00s. But the scene lost its producers as they went elsewhere in search of $$$€€€£££ abd they were not replaced. The scene for new trance sounds is very small but is there. I don’t think any genre has experienced such highs and lows in popularity in such a short space of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back