*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree

But on that note most of the sets I download at the moment just happen to be from females. Great wave of talent coming through uk/eire

But if you're downloading more mixes from female DJs at present, then clearly there is a wealth of talent.

So a bit of a poor show to only have one playing at all.

But if you're downloading more mixes from female DJs at present, then clearly there is a wealth of talent.

Tbh i don’t look at line ups as male/female. I just look at them and think such and such is playing and i either like them or i dont. surely it doesn’t matter THAT much if there’s only one female on show? For me if you start chucking names on the line up for the sake of balancing the sexes out (either way) that’s when things start to go down hill...

I really don’t think it’s a sexist thing. There are just way more male artists to pick from that pack the dancefloor.
But unless there’s a change and promoters book more female djs then this will just carry on. I can see no reason at all why there’s not a much more even split of genders on lineups. The house and techno genres seem to have loads of female djs that could be booked.

Expect them to carry on what they were doing last year is they are consolidating

I don’t think it’s as simple as that. There are plenty of female djs out there, they simply don’t get the same opportunities, as is the case across most careers. Glass ceilings and all that.

I dunno, I kinda do think it’s as simple as that. It all goes back to producing. How many quality female producers are there versus male? If you look at the numbers it has to be insanely lopsided.

I dunno, I kinda do think it’s as simple as that. It all goes back to producing. How many quality female producers are there versus male? If you look at the numbers it has to be insanely lopsided.
There was this movie... Girl, I only know because I'm a fan of Sandra Collins.

Let's see if it'll embed...

Not really because my taste of music does not really represent odessey openings

And from what I can see there is about 4 female djs on the odessey opening??
Edit* sorry that's last years flyer I'm looking at in this thread.

It really isn’t. You only have to look at the disparity in earnings and status of women compared to men in first world economies and society across the world. It goes back a long way and women are fighting for parity in practically every aspect of life. It’s ridiculous to even think that women as a gender collective don’t and havent suffered discrimination. The music industry is no different.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really isn’t. You only have to look at the disparity in earnings and status of women compared to men in first world economies and society across the world. It goes back a long way and women are fighting for parity in practically every aspect of life. It’s ridiculous to even think that women as a gender collective don’t and havent suffered discrimination. The music industry is no different.

Definitely not arguing that. But I don’t really see how that has anything to do with the much smaller pool of female talent. Same thing happens in my industry. People wonder why it’s dominated by men, but when I get resumes its 10 male for every 1 female. Simple math really. Last thing I’ll say about that.

Definitely not arguing that. But I don’t really see how that has anything to do with the much smaller pool of female talent. Same thing happens in my industry. People wonder why it’s dominated by men, but when I get resumes its 10 male for every 1 female. Simple math really. Last thing I’ll say about that.
About girl DJs, the buzz around CDW is real here in Montreal. She's closing IglooFest tonight and they annonced yesterday that she'll be playing at the after party at the largest club in town (New City Gas is a EDM club of 3 000 capacity). I expect the club to be jam pack tonight (that would mean CDW sold 3 000 tickets in a little more than 24 hrs).

It’s not simple though. The point is why is the gene pool smaller? And your perception is that women are not getting record deals, why is that?

Dublin is swamped with female DJs for couple of years now are 99% are completely crap.. all helped along by their promoter mates who saw the gap in the market and it nearly killed club scene in Dublin until some said enough is enough.. and now again we have great party's every weekend with talented DJs male and a couple female... while the cannon fodder are looking for the next thing to follow... Dublin just copies things from other cities and the sheep follow..lol a mate from here who worked in a trendy Dublin place nearly go lynched for asking punter's "Did any scene ever start in Dublin?" Why follow whats happening elsewhere..

SuperMartXé promoters didn't pay their employees for the last events last year...
Is SuperMartXé bringing number at the door like in the past ? ( I have no interest about this party , been only once in 2011 as I was on a free guestlist and a friend wanted to see privilege) we stayed for a hour or 2 but was quiet impressed about the amount of people inside the venue , it was full !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back