*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe more focus needs to be on the likes of Amelie Lens, CDW and Peggy but in my opinion there are not enough female DJs in the same bracket of popularity as those 3 right now.

I'm not talking just about headliners (although Nina Kraviz, Nicole Moudaber, The Black Madonna, Annie Mac, Helena Hauff, Maya Jane Coles, Ida Engberg all do pretty well), but there is no reason why, say Odyssey (or Elrow which is also very male-heavy) couldn't book more women. If we're focusing purely on box office takings, I'm sure there are many female DJs who would bring in the crowds as much, or more than, Kevin De Vries, Coeus, Eagles & Butterflies, & Marcel Fengler (using the forthcoming Odyssey line-up as an example).

The likes of Haai, Saoirse and Shanti Celeste are total superstars and are very versatile - can play any size room, any time of the night/day but for some reason that creativity doesn't always translate in Ibiza and while they are smashing it at places like Love International and other European festies I'm not all that surprised that they aren't getting booked in Ibiza. Circo/DC10 and some parties at Pacha have booked them but nobody else really caught on. More fool them!

Just to rock the boat a bit... Deborah de luca has over 1 million followers on Instagram
Take from that what you want.

But can we move this to a new thread? It's a good topic.

What a truly great party that was. I still hold out annual hope that Privilege will come up with a replacement for Monza. "Is this the year..."?

The Club Monza isnt existing anymore in Frankfurt . Closed longer time ago. Dont know what these people are doing now .
And why no one from Fra ( exept Cocoon ) is abpromotor in Ibz anymore.

What a truly great party that was. I still hold out annual hope that Privilege will come up with a replacement for Monza. "Is this the year..."?

I agree, but with a lot of these things it is about the memories you created, and where you were at the time.

Back to gossip (after I went OT)...

We have been light of Privilege gossip. We assume that Resistance will announce soon? Didn't they announce super early last year?

Can't say I've noticed it at all on our online community, but there's some speculation amongst the workers that Resistance isn't coming back. Let's see, shall we

I'm not talking just about headliners (although Nina Kraviz, Nicole Moudaber, The Black Madonna, Annie Mac, Helena Hauff, Maya Jane Coles, Ida Engberg all do pretty well), but there is no reason why, say Odyssey (or Elrow which is also very male-heavy) couldn't book more women. If we're focusing purely on box office takings, I'm sure there are many female DJs who would bring in the crowds as much, or more than, Kevin De Vries, Coeus, Eagles & Butterflies, & Marcel Fengler (using the forthcoming Odyssey line-up as an example).
I'm not arguing over it because I agree more women DJs should be booked and your point about KDV, Coeus etc is very valid. I just find it hard to believe someone sat there and purposely thought "lets book these DJs because they are male". IMO it is more of a problem with Afterlife than anything else, let's be honest this is an Afterlife line up, as there are very little women DJs on their roster of artists, only 1 actually comes to mind and that's Vaal.

Anyway let's just agree more women DJs should be booked. I tell you who I'd love to see more of, Perel! The mix I loved and listened to over and over has been taken down from Soundcloud ?

Can't say I've noticed it at all on our online community, but there's some speculation amongst the workers that Resistance isn't coming back. Let's see, shall we

Really? We all need a few big room techno onslaughts in Privilege. I really can't see it working anywhere else in Ibiza but Privi.

I thought resistance had a decent year last year no?

I wonder what Carl Cox has planned for ibiza 2020. Residency in privilege if resistance leaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back