*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and Ushuaia unsurprisingly saying they are closed for events in July. Surely reaching that point where opening for just 6-8 weeks won't be worth it anyway?

*theoretically* they could easily open in august and stay open until october. which would make it a three months run which is actually how ushuaïa worked when they started doing events.

but I said theoretically. the balearic government has still not laid out the new rules valid from 22nd june onwards and IMHO it's unlikely they will allow big venues to be filled with people. combine this with the fact ushuaïa seemingly won't open as a hotel this summer (unless there's a change of direction compared to the newspiece that came out last week) and I truly don't think they'd run any events if the hotel as such is closed...just my take on things.

f*** man Stivi help us lol

not sure how I should help really...for a while already I've hinted that people shouldn't have high hopes for big parties this summer.

I can still see some small scale stuff happen, outdoor mostly. these will depend on those aforementioned rules to be published this week at some point. and of course private gatherings...those will definitely happen.

Stivi, I'm just joking. I somehow keep thinking you have some grand control on everything. I envision this scenario where you lead a grand meeting with all the club promoters, owners, and policy makers and grill them lol

the funny thing is I actually got some heat from a few sides after the 'what to expect' post I did last week. some people said it's too negative / pessimistic, I truly think I was being realistic (I would actually still write the same today).

we do promote ibiza and up to a certain extent you could probably say we 'sell' it, but there's one golden rule for me: always provide more than you promise - not the other way around.

the funny thing is I actually got some heat from a few sides after the 'what to expect' post I did last week. some people said it's too negative / pessimistic, I truly think I was being realistic (I would actually still write the same today).

we do promote ibiza and up to a certain extent you could probably say we 'sell' it, but there's one golden rule for me: always provide more than you promise - not the other way around.
Golden rule in sales - under promise, over deliver.

I'm sure you guys are also bound by pre-existing/understood contracts that prohibit early release of info without prior consent. And, honestly in situations like this, misinformation/speculation is worse than no information.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before but Itaca in San An bay are doing Ibiza classics every Saturday night.
It was always a great place back in the day, but I tend to walk past it nowadays. Might be worth a look if I get out there in September.

Not nitpicking, but so no-one heads round to bay looking for Itaca, it's not there but in San An proper on the beachfront, next door to Bar M

:lol: Before that post i would honestly say you were being too optimistic about things?

I kind of figure with our trip out in September, if we're allowed to travel by then, it'll be a more relaxed affair with lots of resturants and bars, maybe if we're lucky Benimussa Park as it's out doors.

Too right..... Got to be realistic

@stivi tell us who we could have seen tonight if it wasn't for all this ..? Monday was usually good on the island

you B2B @jimmiz on the balcony, the pirate with his pack in tow trying to get on the list, @ElrowLovers doing rounds on inflatables, @Tourist chinstrokingly discussing the nondescript mediocre music, @cunninghamali having a whale of a time, @Tiffany Barrett would be there too possibly and I think both @Clara as well as @diver possibly would have taken over the decks at some point as well. @Neo95gt might be floating around saying how much better tulum is and of course @Nobbie Q would be closely watching the clock when the last tune fades and @McRackin would know all about it the next day, even though he was never seen during the night!

I'm sure I've forgotten half of the people who'd be there too and I guess I personally would either be hungover the next day or on the way to afters, as is often the case on a tuesday.

something like that? ?

you B2B @jimmiz on the balcony, the pirate with his pack in tow trying to get on the list, @ElrowLovers doing rounds on inflatables, @Tourist chinstrokingly discussing the nondescript mediocre music, @cunninghamali having a whale of a time, @Tiffany Barrett would be there too possibly and I think both @Clara as well as @diver possibly would have taken over the decks at some point as well. @Neo95gt might be floating around saying how much better tulum is and of course @Nobbie Q would be closely watching the clock when the last tune fades and @McRackin would know all about it the next day, even though he was never seen during the night!

I'm sure I've forgotten half of the people who'd be there too and I guess I personally would either be hungover the next day or on the way to afters, as is often the case on a tuesday.

something like that? ?
I wish I was there??

Cancelled my hotel for July a few days ago

Gutted I won't have my usual shenanigans

I would have gone to dc10 Friday for Dixon or maybe shadows and Sunday solomon

Not nitpicking, but so no-one heads round to bay looking for Itaca, it's not there but in San An proper on the beachfront, next door to Bar M
No worries, I see what you mean. I just class anywhere from Eden and Es paradis onwards is the bay.

Monday used to be
Sa Trinxa(Jockey club last 2 years) + Dc10 Ibz
Got this on my timeline
Free Hierbas to random people but they empty 1/3 of my bottle ?
Spanish workers met each year at Parties
Spotlight G...y met with his family at Salinas
Uk worker (Dj) met each year at random places
20200616_145041.jpg
Ibz2020 mondays will be just Sa Trinxa beach bar lunch or Jockey Club Drinks

the funny thing is I actually got some heat from a few sides after the 'what to expect' post I did last week. some people said it's too negative / pessimistic

reminds me of this fantastic tweet by a @DanBWilliams :)

"English business owners can say “it’s happening “ as much as they want but the fact is it’s still unclear and up to the government. Regular British families can’t take the risk and shouldn’t be encouraged to do so just because Wayne lineker wants to fill his pool up"

reminds me of this fantastic tweet by a @DanBWilliams :)

"English business owners can say “it’s happening “ as much as they want but the fact is it’s still unclear and up to the government. Regular British families can’t take the risk and shouldn’t be encouraged to do so just because Wayne lineker wants to fill his pool up"
I'd be more worried about catching something in that pool than corona virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back