*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Well, I think Nobbie has a point and the debate is valid as any other on here. Truth is we are all a bunch of nostalgics on here which are really into their music (some more than others to be fair) and that doesn‘t make us the norm of the Ibiza holidaymakers of these days..

Well, I think Nobbie has a point and the debate is valid as any other on here. Truth is we are all a bunch of nostalgics on here which are really into their music (some more than others to be fair) and that doesn‘t make us the norm of the Ibiza holidaymakers of these days..

I think my post above acknowledged that there needs to be room for both. As I said, Hi has nailed the clinical clubbing experience for those that like sparklers on bottles of champagne and clean toilets.... They are the best in the business at it. See a previous mini-review I did of their VIP area. But trying to say that Amnesia needs to change to be Hi is just bat-sh*t crazy.

I think my post above acknowledged that there needs to be room for both. As I said, Hi has nailed the clinical clubbing experience for those that like sparklers on bottles of champagne and clean toilets.... They are the best in the business at it. See a previous mini-review I did of their VIP area. But trying to say that Amnesia needs to change to be Hi is just bat-sh*t crazy.

One word: Pacha.

There is a pub in my home town that hasn‘t been renovated for like 70-80 years. ...
There is a filthy unsanitary bunker from WW2 in my home town where mr Speedy J visited . Steady warm up tracks like Benny Rodrigues & Kapuchon - The Finger, Radio Slave mix, booming inside the mountain . You knew, this is the place to be this night . Later the attack sirens of Len Faki - Bx3 hit the concrete loud , mind melting .

Amnesia would benefit from restructuring in some areas. The link door between rooms is far too small and too many times on popular nights (although not many of them left...) it has been a pretty scary experience.

I'd also suggest potentially the venue is 'too big' - so maybe the space can be used a bit better than 2 large rooms

They're doing better than Space though are they not? Probably 4-5 consistently very busy nights across the season.

Apart from Afterlife and BC are the other nights they put on, really any good? Hardly pushing musical bounaries.

Space is a whole different level to Hii imo. Since Hii opened, the clubbing scene in Ibiza has declined even further.

Apart from Afterlife and BC are the other nights they put on, really any good? Hardly pushing musical bounaries.

Space is a whole different level to Hii imo. Since Hii opened, the clubbing scene in Ibiza has declined even further.

Don't agree with you

Hi offers a fantastic sound system, clean and air con rooms, VIP area, fantastic up to date lighting with a twist in the Wild Corner - people enjoy and want that . It's also managed extremely well with a solid experienced team ( a lot of them from Space )

One nightclub cannot drag down a whole island, if you want dark and underground it's still there.

Bodyworks is good if you like tech house and was decently busy both times I went.

Guetta/Armin covers their EDM base with quite different areas of the EDM spectrum for each night (no idea how Armin is for busyness but I heard Guetta was packed).

Rarely read a bad comment about Glitterbox.

No idea what Monday is/does, but there is definitely a demand for Urban music which they appear to be filling with it.

They're running a business at the end of the day so their goal is going to be making £££. Considering how many nights are decently busy I'd say they're doing this pretty successfully. They have a very diverse range of nights covering commercial & underground sounds, if they had 6-7 nights like BC/Afterlife the club would do pretty badly imo.

With the size of the place and reliance on filling VIP tables I doubt they can risk going too far from the mainstream either, a half empty HI probably haemorrhages money a lot quicker than Amnesia. This is their business model though and obviously works for them.

Don't agree with you

Hi offers a fantastic sound system, clean and air con rooms, VIP area, fantastic up to date lighting with a twist in the Wild Corner - people enjoy and want that . It's also managed extremely well with a solid experienced team ( a lot of them from Space )

One nightclub cannot drag down a whole island, if you want dark and underground it's still there.

Yep, it offers choice which is what keeps new generations coming to the island that may want something a bit flashier or more commercial because they may be more comfortable/happier to go to a night like that than something unknown/underground (which as you said is still there if you want it).

Don't agree with you

Bossa is hardly thriving at the moment. I don't want to get into an argument on Hii mate as I hate the place and I have nothing good to say about the club.

I just wanted to know if people think Hii is good for ibiza?

Amnesia need to get another big night on their weekly calendar because to be honest... I will be surprised if Elrow stays with Amnesia past their contract... Assuming the contract is up by end of season 19 and it doesn't run for another year or so Amnesia days are very numbered in my opinion.

It would be a good guess to suggest the value of Amnesia has dropped somewhat too so that could even mean it would be a steal to someone with ideas or it just means it will struggle to sell considering the competiton

I often see a lot of VIP thrown around of this forum but apart from Ocean beach my experience is VIP does not effect any of the night clubs in Ibiza...

I mean VIP is practically non-existent in DC10, Eden, Benimussa Park, Privilege and Amnesia
Where clubs do have VIP appeal I don't find it get in the way

So if someone does buy the club and make it a bit more 'VIP' I can't see it really making much of a difference to the overall experience.

That is all your personal taste though isn't it? Surely it is supply and demand.

You can see how many 'credible' nights are flopping, so why should/would Hi go too risky when more often than not they fail.

Space in it's last 10 years never had more than 2-3 busy nights per season so that isn't exactly 'healthy for the scene'

EEqWvmMWkAEgov5

Back