*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

which industry or products EVER got better when production was all in the hands of one company?! without amnesia superclubs would all be in matutes hands (almost half of privilege too), only pacha remaining. competition is what makes things better for the customer, not one single owner!
My understanding is that the Supreme Court should give Matutes 100 % control of Privilege during the off season

Is amnesia really doing that badly! Pyramid doing quite well, cocoon has a big fan base( I am not one of them) people seem to like Adobe and el row is one of the most popular nights in ibiza,
Adobe: half of Amnesia is close
Cocoon: only every other week (and this year could be the last one)
Pyramid: i dont realy know, but except the Dyanamic nigh, was it rammed?

Agree, they would have a monopoly. But I can see them wanting to add a more “underground” club to their portfolio. Doubt they would give it the Hi treatment because that would cannibalize their own business. I hate Matutes as much as anyone, but their clubs are well run.....and Amnesia needs help. Moot point anyway since this is all false rumors.
Matutes doesn’t know anything about club culture, it’s just 2 brothers ( one of them with a huge huge background of clubs owner , promoter, that after many years doing some party in Barcelona decided to open a chiringuito in Ibiza ( the old Ushuaia), Matutes did everything to stop them because it was annoying one of his hotel just behind ... they talked and Yann ( creator of ibiza ) propose what he had in mind ( the Ushuaia hotel ) , so yes Matutes own the property but that it ...those 2 are managing everything ( they own the brand “Ushuaia “ , they created everything, but I don’t think they have enough free time to run another club ! 2 is more than enough ...

The latest Facebook post from the creator of the rumours that Amnesia is being sold is HILARIOUS.

Disses this website as well as other platforms; did say SHM will likely have a residency at Ushuaia next year...

Amnesia need big money injections to match the Pacha and Matutes groups

They’ve just installed a new sound system into the Terrace haven’t they?

I get the need to change, but the Terrace is now one of the last remaining authentic rooms on the island. Hï (while I’m not a fan) works for the clubber that wants a black box with some good lighting, in a club that looks like it could be in Vegas. They have nailed this ‘clinical clubbing market’.

My view is that Amnesia doesn’t need to change its layout and feel at all.

The developments in the Pacha main room now make it world-class, but some of the original charm of the old finca feel has been slightly lost in the main room. However, because all of the old parts of rest the club are still there, the balance still works IMO. I actually like the contrast now.

this week's and next week's paradise opens at 6pm already with the garden open. same for paradise closing party, but that was planned like that anyway.

this week's and next week's paradise opens at 6pm already with the garden open. same for paradise closing party, but that was planned like that anyway.

Doing that up against Coxy at Ushuaia next week is interesting. Kind of the same market.

Is amnesia really doing that badly! Pyramid doing quite well, cocoon has a big fan base( I am not one of them) people seem to like Adobe and el row is one of the most popular nights in ibiza,

Went twice on my trip, once to Cocoon Sept 2nd and Hellrow Sept 7th and both dates were very busy. Can't speak about their other nights but it seemed good

Completely disagree. Amnesia stands out as the real authentic club. Hi is catered to a different market with posers, VIP etc. why would they want to compete with that?

Amnesia also has VIP albeit less so, but it's more about how much newer Hï looks which Amnesia should consider upgrading their facilities to compete with

Amnesia also has VIP albeit less so, but it's more about how much newer Hï looks which Amnesia should consider upgrading their facilities to compete with
Sorry, but this is absolute nonsense Nobbie Q. There is zero wrong with the facilities at Amnesia and actually their outdoor area has greatly improved. Why should a club be all sparkling and new looking? I really don’t think they need to try and compete with Hi (which I said is now a completely different market). The sound system in Amnesia is immense and their productions are generally very good. I bet most people would snap your hand off to have a club like that in their home town. I honestly don’t get where you coming from

Toronto club scene is trash anyway so we would take anything we can get lol. Not a fair comparison. A proper one would be relative to the ibiza club scene.

In regards to renovation, it would keep things looking fresh, just like how any business like a restaurant updates their look. If you're not improving you're losing

There is a pub in my home town that hasn‘t been renovated for like 70-80 years. Owner served beer there until he passed away. It was acquired by a famous beer brand, they basically changed nothing. It looks like a ruin. People love it, you hardly get a table in there.

On the other hand, there is hardly anyone under 40 there... reality bites ...

Back