*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Don’t know if this is right thread, but what is the deal with promoters like Elrow and clubs like amnesia got? Like do the split all revenue, or do Elrow get more of the ticket price than the drinks income?

The deal varies from promoter to promoter. The more popular your brand and the more people it attracts, the bigger bargaining power you have. This is especially true on Ibiza - a small island with four/five solid months of business, where Club X might not think you were worth what you were asking, but equally, they wouldn't be keen on you jumping ship to Club Y. It's a tough one to juggle.

And there's lots of variation within that. Some clubs simply pay for a licensing fee to use the brand name of a party, and therefore also have to pay for all overheads aside from maybe some of the branding, but that means they take the full profit (or incur the full loss!)

Well...

I am 30+ years old and have been partying for the last 10 years. Been to so many festivals i dont remember the count, this year will be my 6th Amsterdam Dance Event, lived in London and Berlin for almost a year each and met my wife at a festival (friend of a friend). And my first time in Ibiza was 2011 and been visiting every other year, i was there actually 2 weeks a go.

So i am wondering where is the far better place to party. Chances are, i went there and i can tell you why it is not. If you pick your night well, if you know your taste in music and what to expect, even choose the best month with crowds (looking at you September), i am sorry but there are no place better, in my opinion, than ibiza. Great restaurants, wonderful beaches, a lot to explore, and world class clubs. Have you been to Pacha and noticed the sound system, please tell me how many places in the world has that kind of an acoustic. Amnesia is an animal on its own, Priv has the magic Vista club, Heart is great for small parties, well i don't like Hi but some people do, you have Cova Santa and Ushuaia for open air. And they are all in the same island! Almost every week you have Dixon, Solomun, Bedouin, Tale of Us, Sven, Adam Beyer, Maceo playing there. In the same island!

Yeah Ibiza is not what it used to be, but nothing in the world is. You just got to adjust. Raggeaton music, Ocean Beach, Ibiza Rocks etc. no amount of money can make me have fun at there but pick your night right and you are in for a treat.

I still have lots of fun, but you answered your own question when you said you have only been partying for the last 10: years. Not being rude, but you wont know any better.

It’s been said before but Afterlife Amnesia next Season would make a few Happy.

I’m 3 Weeks back from just a week in Ibiza and I’m still not over it. There is no place like it in the World. The Island got embedded in me 17 Years ago and I will always return to the Magical Island

It would be good to know if the veterans are equally as tuned into their local scene today as they were 20 years ago, by way of comparison. I totally understand clubbing in Ibiza has changed - and I believe almost everyone when they say it was better back in the day.

I could probably say the same about London (as a "mere" 34 year old). It's not just London's club scene that has changed, but me as well.

It would be good to know if the veterans are equally as tuned into their local scene today as they were 20 years ago, by way of comparison. I totally understand clubbing in Ibiza has changed - and I believe almost everyone when they say it was better back in the day.

I could probably say the same about London (as a "mere" 34 year old). It's not just London's club scene that has changed, but me as well.

The club scene back home has changed IMO. Glasgow definitely isn't the same without the Arches and places are a bit more nervy about what goes on inside for fear of being shut down. London sounds a lot less fun than the couple of times I visited it for clubbing in the early noughties.

And we are only talking about clubbing, Ibiza is still a gorgeous and special island, the clubbing part is sadly not that special any more.

Each to their own. Party scene changes, so does the eyes that see it. Musically I remember there was a lot more complaints in the 2004-2006 seasons. I agree with that.

Even though I agree the party scene was better in the early 2000s with more unpretentious outdoor events I have still enjoyed the last three season more than long stretches before resent years!

Amnesia has been sucking wind ever since they got raided. I’m guessing from the initial loss in money and less annual profit since they can’t evade taxes anymore, they don’t have too much money to throw around.

It’s not all about money though, think they don’t have the management over there either. Just doesn’t seem they have the sharks like they do at Hi/Ushuaia or Pacha.

I still have lots of fun, but you answered your own question when you said you have only been partying for the last 10: years. Not being rude, but you wont know any better.

I probably won’t because of my age but we were talking about today werent we? I love memberberries as well as the next guy but today where to have so much better parties than ibiza?

Ibiza is still the best all-around in the summer months (Croatia is close though). Think there are places that have better partying, but lack in the other areas (food, beaches, activities, crowd). But for partying it’s still pretty damn good, just sucks that it’s getting worse due to poor island governing and club greed.

Tulum is on par in January and BPM Costa Rica may reach that level as well.

Could get involved for the zillionth time but done arguing all this tbh. Bottom line is - you know or you don't..

Is the ideal party:

A. about the music, the dancers, the memories, the friendships OR is it
B. about the money, the brand, the egos, the selfies ?

Take your pick. If you answered B mute me now and never interact with me again.

+ FWIW the dance culture I grew up with is dying everywhere, but there are still people flying the flag. As i hit mid-40s it's about careful research, identifying the intimate parties and who is still in it for the love.

Watch that wax da jam video i shared on the dalias thread. He gets it - in a way your corporates never will..

Re Amnesia, next year Shine would be a good shout. PvD belongs in that main room and has probably played it more than any other dj over the last 20 years. Maybe Shine could hook up with a brand like Clockwork to host the terrace. Now that would be a quality night.

Would it be fair to say that the habits of clubbing are changing slightly - more towards partying in the afternoon...

I mean partying until 6am on a Sunday morning at home is ok because you're not missing much sleeping most of Sunday but for me in Ibiza I want to be up early enjoying the island and getting as much sun as possible not feeling like death

I would love to see Amnesia put on a day party. 6pm Start 2am finish

Re Amnesia, next year Shine would be a good shout. PvD belongs in that main room and has probably played it more than any other dj over the last 20 years. Maybe Shine could hook up with a brand like Clockwork to host the terrace. Now that would be a quality night.
Sounds ideal but can't see it pulling the crowds. I mean shine Eden looks good but doesn't look rammed.

Bring back the days when cream had Eddie at full fire PVD Kearny JOC the trancey A&B and I even remember Ben gold playing corker set when I once went.

Back