*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Bad year for Amnesia, between only room being open most nights or some of the main room being sectioned off and also nights getting cancelled. Elrow and the one off Clockwork Orange event seem to be all that is packing them in there this year. Sad to see

With the (low) numbers luciano draws I think it‘s pretty obvious that amnesia didn‘t want to pay him and his guests any longer. No real mystery or is there something else?

I know we are forbidden to talk about 2020 gossip but Amnesia surely has to go for Solomun, Afterlife, Drumcode or Resistance next year.

Sad to see my favourite club on the island only on full operation on one night..

Make amnesia great again!

Bad year for Amnesia, between only room being open most nights or some of the main room being sectioned off and also nights getting cancelled. Elrow and the one off Clockwork Orange event seem to be all that is packing them in there this year. Sad to see

They definately need a revamp of the schedules. In just a few years they've lost big hitters like Cream, Cocoon (as a weekly event) and love her or hate her Paris Hilton was drawing a crowd in.

Also think the club feels a bit tired inside, dont want to see another VIP takeover, but Hi and Pacha have moved the game on with their refurbs.

Massive over reaction...one night is shutting down and it was always going to struggle up against Dixon, Defected and DC10 one-offs. Luciano just doesn't have the pull he once had and Amnesia were losing money so they pulled the plug. The rest of the week may not be everyone's cup of tea but assuming they are all doing ok and El Row packing them in like sardines?

Don’t know if this is right thread, but what is the deal with promoters like Elrow and clubs like amnesia got? Like do the split all revenue, or do Elrow get more of the ticket price than the drinks income?

Never known the answer to this

Not enough Os!

Amnesia...my favourite club, is dying. Maybe a little dramatic but I still wonder about the Cocoon switch to Pacha last year. @stivi hopefully you can give us the real deal on that but I understand if you can't.

well...amnesia and cocoon couldn't get to an agreement as to how the night should look and sound. amnesia wanted to impose some changes which cocoon, true to their philosophy, simply didn't agree to. that's the short version and I'm afraid I won't be able to add more details than that. it needs to be added though - and that is no secret - that already previously to that, the relationship between amnesia and cocoon had deteriorated because of things like music on, HYTE etc. at the same time, pacha had been knocking on cocoon's doors for a while.

what happened last year? well, cocoon at pacha didn't really work, a big part of why it only lasted one season was the fact cocoon didn't bring any VIP in. the love faded quickly and in winter both amnesia and cocoon came to their senses and realised that there's no better place for cocoon to celebrate their 20th season as their original venue.

on amnesia generally...I won't be able to tell any more than this, but maybe people do remember what happened two or three years ago one early morning?

Back