*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Anyone on here go to DC10 last night?
Yeah. Carl Craig was excellent imo. But the programming was all over the place. They need to sort this out. Music in the terrace was bloody awful imo - slow bleepy crap with little melody or build and it went nowhere. Didn’t think it was very busy. But I enjoyed it for Carl Craig. What did you think?

Yeah. Carl Craig was excellent imo. But the programming was all over the place. They need to sort this out. Music in the terrace was bloody awful imo - slow bleepy crap with little melody or build and it went nowhere. Didn’t think it was very busy. But I enjoyed it for Carl Craig. What did you think?

as much as I like carl craig, I think he was all over the show. him playing koze's pickup (and playing it in 2019) was probably the oddest thing I've seen in a while. he played a few cool records, but all in all...not so sure...and that comes from a fan.

Carl Craig is for me personally the greatest producer of the last 30 years and yet I always prefer hearing other DJs playing his records. I know quite a few techno nerds who have agonised about this for years - he basically just doesn't cut the mustard like Dezza, Parrish and Mills

as much as I like carl craig, I think he was all over the show. him playing koze's pickup (and playing it in 2019) was probably the oddest thing I've seen in a while. he played a few cool records, but all in all...not so sure...and that comes from a fan.
Yeah, I thought his first hour was pretty conventional techno from him but the last half hour was somewhat eclectic. He certainly drew in the crowd. He was by far the highlight from what I heard elsewhere.

yes we did. was a bit of a strange one we thought.

Did you catch any of the more underground names I'd mentioned - Perel, Matias Aguayo or Saoirse?

I always worry that such artists often 'tone down' their sets whilst in Ibiza or playing alongside bigger names, so are a lot less interesting than usual.

Yeah, I thought his first hour was pretty conventional techno from him but the last half hour was somewhat eclectic. He certainly drew in the crowd. He was by far the highlight from what I heard elsewhere.

I've seen Carl Craig loads of times over the years and every time I've seen him in Ibiza, he has been disappointing and playing a set that's ten a penny.

He was great last year in Pacha Room 2 playing ANL and across the board. Admittedly that style isn't going to translate very well to a 1.5hr set in DC10 crowbarred between 2 tech DJs.

I wonder though if the fact that his set stood out in a night of linear and uninspiring music might make it worthy of appraisal?

Dystopia line up just been dropped on socials for 4 dates at Ush

Good enough to make me wanna go to Ush for first time...

My sadest Ibiza sight was at amnesia when Norman Jay had to play Robert miles children or that 7 days in a week track so some shirtless drummer floating above the DJ box could play * LIVE * to it.. pure chringe on Norman's behalf..

Back