*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

I feel like she and Amelie Lens appeared out of thin air.
Both excellent DJs and seem to have worked their way up via hard work gigging rather than "have a hit track" way

hopefully CdW will be doing a date before Resistance when i'm on island

You could argue they have benefitted a LOT from a huge amount of very sudden social media exposure, but to be fair to them I think they are both excellent DJs are who are well deserving of their hype.

Makes perfect sense as a warmup for Guetta over the road.

As I have said before, regardless of your tastes, you have to admit the Ushuaia team are just too good man! Calvin Harris & David Guetta on a Friday at Ushuaia & Hi.... I mean they may as well just open a booth outside and tell everyone to just put all their money in there and be done with it.

Makes perfect sense as a warmup for Guetta over the road.
I don’t think many people who are into this scene will be seeing Calvin Harris as warmup for a night event. I could be wrong but I’d assumed people in that scene go out for a few hours then call it a night. If anything I think it could have a negative event on both as people will pick one or the other.

I’m sure both will still do really well just imo I don’t think people who like that music are looking for a 19 hour plus session.

As I say I may have got that totally wrong but don’t think the crowd is the same as the techno crowd who just want more and more

Both excellent DJs and seem to have worked their way up via hard work gigging rather than "have a hit track" way

hopefully CdW will be doing a date before Resistance when i'm on island
23.JUL · 30.JUL · 20.AUG · 3.SEP · 17.SEP

I don’t think many people who are into this scene will be seeing Calvin Harris as warmup for a night event. I could be wrong but I’d assumed people in that scene go out for a few hours then call it a night. If anything I think it could have a negative event on both as people will pick one or the other.

I’m sure both will still do really well just imo I don’t think people who like that music are looking for a 19 hour plus session.

As I say I may have got that totally wrong but don’t think the crowd is the same as the techno crowd who just want more and more

Hmmm, I think I disagree with you on this one. Though Techno parties and the crowd are famous for the 'more and more' mentality, I think it's the perfect carry on and with such a short distance to go I think they'll get quite a good percentage of crossover. Not straight away of course, but after an hour or so in the bars down the road for a bit of chill time (and cheap drinks) before carrying on into Hï

Hmmm, I think I disagree with you on this one. Though Techno parties and the crowd are famous for the 'more and more' mentality, I think it's the perfect carry on and with such a short distance to go I think they'll get quite a good percentage of crossover. Not straight away of course, but after an hour or so in the bars down the road for a bit of chill time (and cheap drinks) before carrying on into Hï

100% yes

I agree with you, even because ushuaia stop at midnight and Guetta won't start his dj set before 3 am , I don't think a lot of people after 5 hours in Ushuaia will go in Hi , it ain't impossible ( that's sure) but it ain't easy , maybe if there will be some discount bracelets out of ushuaia or just for August somethink similar to a combo tickets.
But this's just my opinion , but it seems quite clear the crowd of Playa d'en bossa is more oriented to have a good time in one party.
Schedule Calvin Harris in August is the right way to ensure to Ushuaia to have a packed club all fridays afternoon , and the same for all the summer in Hi with David Guetta .
This summer on friday the port of ibiza probably will be empty and park the car could be easier than usual.
But , we'll see....

We have also to consider , I am far from criticizing , the "new" ibiza's clubbers are a little bit different than the old standard of clubbers style , different kind of music, different approach to live the dance floor and last but not least they looking for event not for a PARTY ( real party) ,it ain't easy to find people who love to dance for a long time , this applies both to edm party and the house party ...

I agree with you, even because ushuaia stop at midnight and Guetta won't start his dj set before 3 am , I don't think a lot of people after 5 hours in Ushuaia will go in Hi , it ain't impossible ( that's sure) but it ain't easy , maybe if there will be some discount bracelets out of ushuaia or just for August somethink similar to a combo tickets

You make some good points, suppose I am comparing it to 2011-2013 (ish) on Thursdays when Luciano / Loco Dice were at Ushuaua, and then ENTER/Kehakuma were at Space. At midnight there was a big instant migration of people from Ushuaia to Space - and they were warmed up! And I'd argue that ENTER suffered when Ushuaia change their Thursday night in 2014/15 to a EDM night.

BUT.... I get Harris/Guetta is a completely different scene.

However, the one occasion I did go to Hi for Afterlife last year......... there were a lot of Martin Garrix types that crossed the road and in shock at Helena Hauff destroying the club room....

You make some good points, suppose I am comparing it to 2011-2013 (ish) on Thursdays when Luciano / Loco Dice were at Ushuaua, and then ENTER/Kehakuma were at Space. At midnight there was a big instant migration of people from Ushuaia to Space - and they were warmed up! And I'd argue that ENTER suffered when Ushuaia change their Thursday night in 2014/15 to a EDM night.

However, the one occasion I did go to Hi for Afterlife last year......... there were a lot of Martin Garrix types that crossed the road and in shock at Helena Hauff destroying the club room....
Well , I think we understand each other ...
My words were just an assumption , I think the crowd is really different and have different way to live the club , but honestly I might be surprised...

i can imagine the surprise they were in if theyre going from garrix to helena ?

I dont think the audience for Harris/Guetta is the same as like mentioned before Luciano/Enter, techno parties tend to be more drug orientated and the whole carry on thing is a big part of that, DC10>Cocoon for example.. I don't think the audience at a Harris/Guetta event will be as heavily under the influence of drugs, and also be a lot younger, therefore not so up for the constant partying and carry on over to Hi

Back