*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

It is actually good to divide numbers sometimes, people will have room to dance. And i do not actually think Drumcode and Innervisions fan base are the same.

How is Pacha dance floor after the renovation though? More space to dance or difficult to dance in high season?
Too small.

The problem is never that any dance floor is too small, only that there are too many people admitted.
That being said, too often the case the opposite is true: massive dancefloor, not nearly enough people.
That's a fine balance - especially in the current climate.
All things considered, I'd rather be in a rammed club than an empty one. But there is a line to be drawn.

Actually, some of the best music last year came from IDOL at Sankeys. But what was the number one complaint with that party: not enough people.

I firmly sit in the camp that from a punter point of view, a lot of the most popular parties could do with being slightly less popular.
But the reality is, this outcome is only good if those people end up attending the quieter parties.

The problem is never that any dance floor is too small, only that there are too many people admitted.
That being said, too often the case the opposite is true: massive dancefloor, not nearly enough people.
All things considered, I'd rather be in a rammed club than an empty one. But there is a line to be drawn.

Actually, some of the best music last year came from IDOL at Sankeys. But what was the number one complaint with that party: not enough people.

I firmly sit in the camp that from a punter point of view, a lot of the most popular parties could do with being slightly less popular.
But the reality is, this outcome is only good if those people end up attending the quieter parties.

I dont think Pacha admits too many people, you can always find some room, but that room is not on the dance floor. Way too small.

I suggested this.... a couple of times.....

I wonder what the ticket prices will be at Pacha to make up for the drop in capacity. Make it up on VIP....
Could of kept the ticket prices at €70 at Amnesia rather than drop them to €50 and let the numbers drop a little rather than move it to Pacha and suck the vibe out of it

I dont think Pacha admits too many people, you can always find some room, but that room is not on the dance floor. Way too small.

It amounts to the same thing - all relative. I've been in clubs with 100 person capacity and had an amazing time. If there had been 200 people inside, it would've felt like hell. And 10 people, shit.

I suggested this.... a couple of times.....

I wonder what the ticket prices will be at Pacha to make up for the drop in capacity. Make it up on VIP....
Could of kept the ticket prices at €70 at Amnesia rather than drop them to €50 and let the numbers drop a little rather than move it to Pacha and suck the vibe out of it

Other variables to consider: like a really extensive worker's discounted list, which can be trimmed considerably.

Edit: or, indeed, expanded.

Last edited:
Sankeys lookin' good this year ?

53498396_10162567032680347_4968229911006281728_n.jpg

if Dalias have the courage and imagination, there is so much they could do with that place in continuing to offer a genuine alternative to everything elsewhere but my guess is they have accountants to keep happy...

It is actually good to divide numbers sometimes, people will have room to dance. And i do not actually think Drumcode and Innervisions fan base are the same.

How is Pacha dance floor after the renovation though? More space to dance or difficult to dance in high season?

What makes you say this? I dont think a Drumcode crowd and Innvervisions crowd would be similar at all. Sure maybe there are people who listen to both but I think for most that would be an easy choice on one or the other, I dont think there would be a lot of turmoil in deciding Beyer or Dixon as it would be pretty clear cut style wise in deciding what you'd rather listen to. Sure Beyer plays his random 'groovy' sets as he calls them and Dixon can play some tougher techno every now and again, would they be direct competition I suppose simply due to playing the same date, but again I think it would be an easy decision for most to pick one or the other.

What makes you say this? I dont think a Drumcode crowd and Innvervisions crowd would be similar at all. Sure maybe there are people who listen to both but I think for most that would be an easy choice on one or the other, I dont think there would be a lot of turmoil in deciding Beyer or Dixon as it would be pretty clear cut style wise in deciding what you'd rather listen to. Sure Beyer plays his random 'groovy' sets as he calls them and Dixon can play some tougher techno every now and again, would they be direct competition I suppose simply due to playing the same date, but again I think it would be an easy decision for most to pick one or the other.

very different music very different crowd very different vibe

easy choice for any techno listener

Back