*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

I’m beginning to think the only competent management team is Ushuaia/Hi.

Not sure if posted in jest or serious? They are certainly the most professional and on the ball I have ever dealt with (not just in Ibiza).

Sometimes - in creative industries - that can work to your disadvantage too, I think there's an argument to be had.

Not sure if posted in jest or serious? They are certainly the most professional and on the ball I have ever dealt with (not just in Ibiza).

Sometimes - in creative industries - that can work to your disadvantage too, I think there's an argument to be had.

Serious. Don’t love the venues and despise what they stand for, but they run things smoothly and seem to think creatively like the 24hr opening.

You couldn’t make this stuff up!

But, it’s now the island taxi drivers I feel sorry for. All that lost revenue from a couple of thousand people going from Destino back to PDB or San An to change into trousers, and then get another taxi back to Pacha.
They’ll probably go on strike now..

For Dixon related discussions, as a big fan of Dixon and Ame for many years now (Trikk is the next best thing) i have my doubts about this residency.

Solomun comparisons might not be correct because Solomun watered down his music style a lot (he played much better 4-5 years a go) and also got a huge instagram hype because he plays in every after party with his funny (!) dance moves and larger than life persona. And the guy invested in this +1 concept for many years.

Dixon is a much better DJ in my opinion, but so was Maceo. He has a very good following, again like Maceo but to his benefit he can adapt to Ibiza sound better than him. He is going to do much better than HS82 obviously but I dont think he will sell out the VIP like Solomun. Pacha is a different animal, can be a place for Carola but i wish he would do something in Vista room of Privilege.

However, cash is king.

occasionally one post manages to sum it all up...

the reggaeton takeover continues with all the ruthlessness of the imperial army on Endor

all of us who ever split hairs about house, tech and trance will all soon seem like dinosaurs - bald men fighting over a comb

the reggaeton takeover continues with all the ruthlessness of the imperial army on Endor

all of us who ever split hairs about house, tech and trance will all soon seem like dinosaurs - bald men fighting over a comb
Yes, this is quite worrying.

I actually thought it was a joke at first.

update: we got another email saying the new rule has been suspended for now.

You couldn't write it could you - a club/brand as big as Pacha with a management/PR team working for them making such a badly thought through, impractical and senseless announcement and having to backtrack less than 24 hours later.

Poor form from whoever made that decision there!

occasionally one post manages to sum it all up...

Knowing people that work with Dixon and the things i hear, i do not think he will have this huge transition like Solomun did.

First of all, Solomun became ''the king of after party'' and the most popular name in the underground scene thanks to Ibiza and to this watered down style. Dixon is already has a huge cult following. He still sells out parties at Amsterdam Dance Event before Solomun, same venue different day.

Second, he has a family and can't have the lifestyle of Solomun. He has a goal to retire before he gets too old so probably he wants to do this Ibiza thing before he retires.

The biggest risk is if he tries to curate the line-up's himself like Maceo did. I can see a Job Jobse, Jennifer Cardini, Dixon line up failing. Would be fantastic musically though.

Hopefully he won't have the competition on Fridays as Maceo did on Tuesdays.

Back