*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Just to point out, that according to the licensing act, any premise with a license to sell alcohol in the UK has the right to turn anybody away without giving reason. Actually, where I used to work, we specifically instructed doorstaff NOT to give any reason (that's when it can come and bite you in the arse).

There are promoters that operate in the UK right now that use the Berlin method. Maybe it isn't prevalent, but it happens - and increasingly so.

Unfortunately, it can't cut both ways. Do you want shitcunt crowds? Or a strict door policy? In an ideal world, all the dickheads would be labelled - or better yet, wouldn't bother turning up at all. And even then, you are going to get people who turn up who may be harmless and with good intentions, but still drag the vibe of the party down (tourists going on Instagram - exactly what Berlin doesn't want, and it's only gonna get worse because now tour operators are jumping on the bandwagon and trying to sell experiences and such)

To really understand this policy, you need to dig deep into the socio-political backdrop of Berlin at the beginning of the scene. About how revolutionary thinkers, authors, poets, artists, creative types and "lefties" were ostracised by their overlords and branded traitors to the state. This is literally a sanctuary. It's hallowed ground away from the prying eyes of society (and government). If you think that's a load of rubbish, then it underlines the point.

I have been turned away from a club in Berlin before. I respect the decision.

Just to point out, that according to the licensing act, any premise with a license to sell alcohol in the UK has the right to turn anybody away without giving reason. Actually, where I used to work, we specifically instructed doorstaff NOT to give any reason (that's when it can come and bite you in the arse).

There are promoters that operate in the UK right now that use the Berlin method. Maybe it isn't prevalent, but it happens - and increasingly so.

Unfortunately, it can't cut both ways. Do you want shitcunt crowds? Or a strict door policy? In an ideal world, all the dickheads would be labelled - or better yet, wouldn't bother turning up at all. And even then, you are going to get people who turn up who may be harmless and with good intentions, but still drag the vibe of the party down (tourists going on Instagram - exactly what Berlin doesn't want, and it's only gonna get worse because now tour operators are jumping on the bandwagon and trying to sell experiences and such)

To really understand this policy, you need to dig deep into the socio-political backdrop of Berlin at the beginning of the scene. About how revolutionary thinkers, authors, poets, artists, creative types and "lefties" were ostracised by their overlords and branded traitors to the state. This is literally a sanctuary. It's hallowed ground away from the prying eyes of society (and government). If you think that's a load of rubbish, then it underlines the point.

I have been turned away from a club in Berlin before. I respect the decision.
I think the general point is one of balance and context, not self righteous snobbery (not accusing you of that btw), musically or generally. The east Berlin and left wing back drop is interesting context about that particular area, but I wasn’t specifically referring to that area.

Interesting subject, glad they don’t have these door pickers in Ibiza.

Thinking back to the Solomun night we went to at Amnesia. Waiting in the que outside tripping on 2c-b.

Doorman: so, who’s playing tonight???

Me: can’t remember mate, but how long have you guys had a Ferris wheel here? Looks great ???

Doorman: Out! Get the f*** out!

Is there any Club in Ibz who rejects someone if he is not totally drunken or naked or something ? Maybe Pikes because age or overcrowded or something. In earlier days ( 80s ) , they sometimes rejected People at KU or El Divino , I heard.
The Thing is : In Ibz they often have a better crowd without strong door than in Germany with 20 bouncers.

What makes Ibiza 'special' isn't just the clubs. I get the feeling that's possibly all that is good about Berlin. ?
This is exactly my view! I have only been to Berlin once, but I did find all I actually enjoyed was the clubbing. I am sure lots of people will attack this view though.

Ibiza has so much more and is an actual holiday destination, the two are not comparable in any way imo.

I would only go to Berlin for a long weekend at most and to go clubbing. Ibiza I could quite easily go for 2 weeks and do very little clubbing, if the clubs were not there I would most likely still visit and it's just a lovely place.

Would Jeremy Corbyn be allowed into Berghain?

Looks deviant enough so probably ? ... but not if he turns up in his socks and sandals wearing a Mr Rigsby cardy !!

Is there a Club in Ibz who is rejecting sometimes ( except Pikes ) ?
Never heard of it.

Lio possibly ?? Hush! used to door pick in San Antoni but that's because of the level of general drunkenness lol.

This is exactly my view! I have only been to Berlin once, but I did find all I actually enjoyed was the clubbing. I am sure lots of people will attack this view though.

Ibiza has so much more and is an actual holiday destination, the two are not comparable in any way imo.

I would only go to Berlin for a long weekend at most and to go clubbing. Ibiza I could quite easily go for 2 weeks and do very little clubbing, if the clubs were not there I would most likely still visit and it's just a lovely place.

Agree, unless you are massively in to museums and cultural events etc. - it's a city not a holiday island and a totally different offering. Some clubs open right through Sunday and on into Monday too. 24-36 hour continuous parties. Compare the average duration of a party at a big club on the island. If you specifically want to go clubbing it's in a different league. You can party all day and sleep all night at the weekend too if you want. What you don't have is wall-to-wall big name DJs 7 nights a week for a few weeks a year. That for some is a big draw as far as clubbing specifically is concerned I guess.

In Lisbon, at Lux, if they don't want you in, they'll say it's €300 to get in! :lol: I've often wondered how many people just shrug and pay it...?

Tbh, I think some of the Ibiza clubs could do with operating more of a door policy...
Allmost same prices in Ibiza or??

Shall we talk about Ibiza gossip?

?

@stivi - Cocoon afterparty details SOOOONER than Monday?

I tried to bring the thread back on topic a few days ago and failed miserably since everyone keeps on arguing about berlin....

unless cocoon announce it before monday night, you won't find anything official on here neither I'm afraid...

but it'll be as in the past few years - everyone welcome - weather looking great currently. what more do you need to know for now?!

Having tried and spectacularly failed to do the closing party and then the afters the last three consecutive years I’m contemplating committing the cardinal sin of not going to the Amnesia event and just to the afters next day...

Only way i could do it is going straight through but managing to be not too mangled by time after party starts. Is it possible? We will see....

Back