*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Does anyone know how long it would take to go from Destino to Hi ibiza? I'm planning on going to music on closing at destino and then at 12 head to hi for afterlife closing. There are 2 ticket options...one entry before 1am and entry anytime, wouldn't mind saving a tenner but thinking Qs for taxis at destino then Qs for afterlife at hi... or 1 hour should be enough?

Does anyone know how long it would take to go from Destino to Hi ibiza? I'm planning on going to music on closing at destino and then at 12 head to hi for afterlife closing. There are 2 ticket options...one entry before 1am and entry anytime, wouldn't mind saving a tenner but thinking Qs for taxis at destino then Qs for afterlife at hi... or 1 hour should be enough?
Leave destino 20 minutes before the end, should give you plenty of time.

spill the Beans?
Ive heard Solly is around 15k?
Dj fees are highly variable as has been mentioned. Behind the eight ball on this discussion but i did promise @cunninghamali i would contribute to this ages ago and haven’t. High demand headline djs that are not regularly playing for a club or promoter don’t generally command a flat fee for clubs. They usually take set fee plus a significant proportion of ticket sales and in many cases bar takings and merchandising. It also depends on why they are playing the venue. They could be on tour, promoting a record, be sponsored or have a space to fill around other gigs that they have booked in region over a short period of time. Your biggest club fee will be for a venue where the dj has a busy schedule, needs flying in long distance, doesn’t have anything to promote and isn’t underpinned by sponsorship. As they will be taking a cut of takings from everyone it can almost be impossible to make a profit under these circumstances, in my experience. If this is happening, the club or promoter is generally doing this as a loss leader to establish the venue or night, the promoter has procured a venue for nothing or the club and or promoter are on a massive ego trip or inexperienced. Contacts, relationships, experience and credibility are everything, also in my experience. You tend to make money when you have your smallest outgoings and to do that you need the right deal with the club, the right promotion, reputation, credibility, promotion and frankly be promoting the right sound at the right time. That is unless you get lucky and book a v much in demand at the time Luciano for £1k late in the day over a decade ago because he’s suddenly at a loose end and you can get a party on very quickly ?. That doesn’t happen much, if ever but we got lucky once. Before that we lost a bloody fortune running a weekly trance night in the wrong town when trance was very popular. The most we made on a semi regular basis was running an almost monthly Sunday event (for 16 months) from 8-midnight at £2 a head using a free venue, my mate as the opener and one different big house club night resident dj from clubs across England at each event for a flat fee of less than £500. This was when Sunday clubbing wasn’t really a thing other than at trade, the church or Sundissential but we got inspiration from the later and it just worked because through luck and judgement everything converged for us.

This was all quite some time ago. Club and event promotion is a really difficult industry. We toyed at it for fun and because we saw gaps in the market. All of our promotions were a side line. We got really lucky in that overall, the Luciano night, the house nights and a few sporadic low capacity and low cost but branded techno nights that enabled us to get Luciano paid for the diabolical loses suffered with the trance night. It still irks because we were not throwing money around and that is the one that should have worked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone been to amnesia closing, haven't been in years, thinking of going this year, any good?
Last amnesia closing 18 didnt disapppoint even with no big headliners
One of a few parties i m very willing, more than dc10 Closing
Opening/Closing amnesia are among good parties i ve attended last 3 years
If it end at midday it will be handsome ,lot of people are DEAD at 10am ?,even myself ,it took lot of will to stay alive n kickin until midday ,especially when u dont want to buy those 9€ water bottle o_O..i guess it ended 7am last year..

Last edited:
Last amnesia closing 18 didnt disapppoint even with no big headliners
One of a few parties i m very willing, more than dc10 Closing
Opening/Closing amnesia are among good parties i ve attended last 3 years
If it end at midday it will be handsome ,lot of people are DEAD at 10am ?,even myself ,it took lot of will to stay alive n kickin until midday ,especially when u dont want to buy those 9€ water bottle o_O..i guess it ended 7am last year..
I think I will go, yeh no big headliners really at opening or closing, flight at 8am so will be leaving at around 5:30am but at least I can go there for a bit

Back