*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Bums? Like what? We've never been to Zoo, but tempted...
i told u many times , u should go to zoo project, 3-5 different vibes, better than bmi, guy gerber las dalias (not cheap by taxi too) ...
good tunes, u can chill out ,eat drink as price is fair there 5€ water/coke (cheaper 2€ with family/vip band , please don't yell at me such this spotlight where i told i can have the drink cheaper in vip aera , but didnt realize the waiter sold me the coke 5€ (minds was little ?), people thinking im gonna steal 3€ :rolleyes: (i m above this, haven't set foot in ibz for closing19 and already give 900€ donation (i know , when u do good no need to tell it to the world, just a way to shut some mouth, it won't make me preventing from doing ibz on a shoestring ?)) , policy at zoo may change such only vip wrisband work for cheap drinks n no more the family wrisband that worked 2 years ago, im sorry as not aware of the update (@Rxstream reminds , when i told u someone piss me off, im sure with ur vip wristbands, no issue ?) but no need to yell as i was a thief :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Dj fees are highly variable as has been mentioned. Behind the eight ball on this discussion but i did promise @cunninghamali i would contribute to this ages ago and haven’t. High demand headline djs that are not regularly playing for a club or promoter don’t generally command a flat fee for clubs. They usually take set fee plus a significant proportion of ticket sales and in many cases bar takings and merchandising. It also depends on why they are playing the venue. They could be on tour, promoting a record, be sponsored or have a space to fill around other gigs that they have booked in region over a short period of time. Your biggest club fee will be for a venue where the dj has a busy schedule, needs flying in long distance, doesn’t have anything to promote and isn’t underpinned by sponsorship. As they will be taking a cut of takings from everyone it can almost be impossible to make a profit under these circumstances, in my experience. If this is happening, the club or promoter is generally doing this as a loss leader to establish the venue or night, the promoter has procured a venue for nothing or the club and or promoter are on a massive ego trip or inexperienced. Contacts, relationships, experience and credibility are everything, also in my experience. You tend to make money when you have your smallest outgoings and to do that you need the right deal with the club, the right promotion, reputation, credibility, promotion and frankly be promoting the right sound at the right time. That is unless you get lucky and book a v much in demand at the time Luciano for £1k late in the day over a decade ago because he’s suddenly at a loose end and you can get a party on very quickly ?. That doesn’t happen much, if ever but we got lucky once. Before that we lost a bloody fortune running a weekly trance night in the wrong town when trance was very popular. The most we made on a semi regular basis was running an almost monthly Sunday event (for 16 months) from 8-midnight at £2 a head using a free venue, my mate as the opener and one different big house club night resident dj from clubs across England at each event for a flat fee of less than £500. This was when Sunday clubbing wasn’t really a thing other than at trade, the church or Sundissential but we got inspiration from the later and it just worked because through luck and judgement everything converged for us.

This was all quite some time ago. Club and event promotion is a really difficult industry. We toyed at it for fun and because we saw gaps in the market. All of our promotions were a side line. We got really lucky in that overall, the Luciano night, the house nights and a few sporadic low capacity and low cost but branded techno nights that enabled us to get Luciano paid for the diabolical loses suffered with the trance night. It still irks because we were not throwing money around and that is the one that should have worked!

Rule number 1: Never disclose dj' fee.

i told u many times , u should go to zoo project, 3-5 different vibes, better than bmi, guy gerber las dalias (not cheap by taxi too) ...
good tunes, u can chill out ,eat drink as price is fair there 5€ water/coke (cheaper 2€ with family/vip band , please don't yell at me such this spotlight where i told i can have the drink cheaper in vip aera , but didnt realize the waiter sold me the coke 5€ (minds was little ?), people thinking im gonna steal 3€ :rolleyes: (i m above this, haven't set foot in ibz for closing19 and already give 900€ donation (i know , when u do good no need to tell it to the world, just a way to shut some mouth, it won't make me preventing from doing ibz on a shoestring ?)) , policy at zoo may change such only vip wrisband work for cheap drinks n no more the family wrisband that worked 2 years ago, im sorry as not aware of the update (@Rxstream reminds , when i told u someone piss me off, im sure with ur vip wristbands, no issue ?) but no need to yell as i was a thief :rolleyes:)
Dont worry Pirate, Zoo is clearly on our TDL.

I know it’s not ‘cool’ on here but great news that Armin’s doing Membo on Wednesday. Although he’s far from the vintage Armada style he used to play, he’s still IMO a significant upgrade on most Mambo guests. I’m talking about rubbish like that fella Fish (sp?) and people who wear masks that aren’t Daft Punk. Trance week starts now!

Back