*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

I didn't say ban all Brits but there should more of a pitch at older ones who actually know how to behave - and then you will attract people from other countries currently put off by the louts. it's worth a go. if the island continues to indulge the urban youth market, then there will be more stabbings and eventually murders - it's a false economy if you only think of a short-term buck without realising how it will put off other visitors.

I didn't say ban all Brits but there should more of a pitch at older ones who actually know how to behave - and then you will attract people from other countries currently put off by the louts. it's worth a go. if the island continues to indulge the urban youth market, then there will be more stabbings and eventually murders - it's a false economy if you only think of a short-term buck without realising how it will put off other visitors.

nah. by far not all young brits don‘t know to behave. it‘s simply a far too generalized thing you‘re asking for

There already are murders on Ibiza. & read FGPs post. Sadly trouble can happen. I've been nearly pick-pocketed once and also some drunken guys (Germans?) tried to draw me and a friend into a fight by shouting at us a good few years back. Also seen other small break outs of violence/injuries. I don't think banning a few British youth, who are mostly priced out of the market anyway, will solve all the issues. If people are drinking (not to mention using coke), there's always a risk.

I'm not sure what age has to do with necessarily, I was no more likely to start a fight when I was 18 than I am now. It's about people's attitude, upbringing and decency and I'm not sure how you can legislate for that.

I live in a resort almost without young clubbers.
Hotels are full since beginning of May.
Restaurants are full all day.
Taxis are working like crazy,agrotourismos are full all season.
Chriguintos make more money than half of the nights in ibiza clubs ?
And finally, from what I see here, the nights with a more mature crowd in clubs seem to work perfectly...

ok lets resume this in say 2/3 years time - I'll be interested to see whether the police/hospital statistics show a big rise

I'm not talking about the traditional drunken brawl or moody one-off moments in clubs like the ones FGP described

I'm talking about far darker stuff - gangs, knives, guns

if 18-25s are more into urban than traditional dance music, then statistically that will mean more tension, more aggro and more testosterone because the lifestyle goes with the music. if the market changes, then so do the clientele. my concern is things will get worse

I would obviously be very happy to be proven wrong, but after 8 years in E London, I wouldn't bet on it...

In over 10 years coming to Ibiza I never once witnessed any fight break out in a club with electronic music and neither have I ever seen a smartphone-video of a fight at an Ibiza event with electronic music. No use arguing about this - there are musical genres like grime that attract a violent crowd PERIOD. And any venue in Ibiza should stay clear of this. Hope Ibiza rocks have learned from this and never invite stormzy and the likes again. This also goes for the urban events in Ibiza btw.

I imagine you’re writing this with your tongue firmly in your cheek, but I really don’t think young Brits cause a disproportionate amount of problems in Ibiza compared to other nationalities. Hardly any of the ones that go to ibiza are into ‘urban’ music also, shitty electronic music - maybe, urban - no. Certainly not in my experience anyway.

Take a weekend in Magaluf, Benidorm etc if you want to see genuinely questionable British behaviour - ibiza is on the whole a completely different demographic, and that’s coming from someone who has/ does frequent all those resorts from time to time.

Am no fan of the Sp cops (trust me - my mum got tear-gassed too many times in the past) but this is a British not a Spanish problem. If you wholescale export British 'urban' yoof behaviour to Spain which locals are not familiar with, then the match is lit.... We all saw what happened in Cyprus so it was madness to think IBZ would be any different. So the question needs to be asked of the Sp authorities - who sanctions these events? how are they vetted? and who is ultimately responsible?
I second this I went to cyprus not long ago wedding group of 45 nearly ejected from hotel for being loud. We didn't do anything bad just talked around the bar and did the odd prank on each other but the waiter explained it's just not part of their culture. They had binge drinking etc and the men are all respective in front of women. Guessing Spanish maybe the same to a certain to degree which causes the police to kick off over nothing.

In over 10 years coming to Ibiza I never once witnessed any fight break out in a club with electronic music and neither have I ever seen a smartphone-video of a fight at an Ibiza event with electronic music. No use arguing about this - there are musical genres like grime that attract a violent crowd PERIOD. And any venue in Ibiza should stay clear of this. Hope Ibiza rocks have learned from this and never invite stormzy and the likes again. This also goes for the urban events in Ibiza btw.

the only thing in this statement which is true is that with electronic music, you hardly ever get fights these days.

ibiza has lots of urban events by now and there was one issue now. it's taken out of context saying it generally brings problems.

also...do you really think after his success at glastonbury ibiza rocks would stop booking him? it was an unfortunate thing, of course. but I feel people here are now generalizing far too much.

it works on multiple levels. Hotels/Rented apts ban under 25s (excluding families with minors). Airlines/Ferries don't take under 25s unless accompanied by adult OR have verifiable non-tourist reason for visting (eg authorised work permit). Brexit will perhaps mean people needing to fill out landing cards so this could be absorbed into that extra red tape anyway. Not foolproof but would send a message that Spain has had enough and would also mean a nicer holiday for the decent majority. Pikes already bans under 25s and whilst some over 25s can be annoying it is a more relaxed vibe all round.

It difficult, as some of the most obnoxious people I've seen in Ibiza (and other places) recently have been coked up, late 30s+ tourists, generally acting like wankers and creating a bad vibe.

Most under 25s I see in Ibiza - which is FAR fewer than in the early 00s, presumably due to how expensive Ibiza now is - tend to be ok.

the only thing in this statement which is true is that with electronic music, you hardly ever get fights these days.

ibiza has lots of urban events by now and there was one issue now. it's taken out of context saying it generally brings problems.

also...do you really think after his success at glastonbury ibiza rocks would stop booking him? it was an unfortunate thing, of course. but I feel people here are now generalizing far too much.
I think generalizing comes from experience with events like this in other places than Ibiza. So yeah...one (rather heavy) issue now in Ibiza. But more incidents in UK, Netherlands and perhaps other countries.

long live gay-leaning soulful house music parties!!!!

I think a certain substance also helps massively! ;)

I think generalizing comes from experience with events like this in other places than Ibiza. So yeah...one (rather heavy) issue now in Ibiza. But more incidents in UK, Netherlands and perhaps other countries.

this is an ibiza forum. I get what you are saying, but there's really no point in blowing up something out of proportion.[/QUOTE]

I think a certain substance also helps massively! ;)

this is an ibiza forum. I get what you are saying, but there's really no point in blowing up something out of proportion.
[/QUOTE]
Fair enough. Time to let it rest for me and hope there will be no more issues like this.
Now that we're cross-quoting and to get a bit more on-topic on gossip....a few days ago you mentioned new pre-parties at Cafe Del Mar. Is that still in the works? :)

Fair enough. Time to let it rest for me and hope there will be no more issues like this.
Now that we're cross-quoting and to get a bit more on-topic on gossip....a few days ago you mentioned new pre-parties at Cafe Del Mar. Is that still in the works? :)
[/QUOTE]

I guess you mean the elrow ones? I'm not 100% sure but this is what I'd seen on pure ibiza radio at some point. haven't seen anything else about that since then though.

Back