*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

This comment will probably make me unpopular but so be it. I can only conclude this was during the MERKY event?

I have never seen fights happen at parties, raves or festivals where house music is being played.

Really?

Even at ElRow Town London last year there were a lot of fights, CS gas being let off at the main stage....

This kind of problem at an event like this does not surprise me - but I bet that they did not adjust their security accordingly for this kind of event

Last edited:
Trick is if you don't like the event or the atmosphere at those types of music events don't go. We are in the middle of a knife crime epidemic and it applies in alot of places. It's all very sad and scary and something needs to be done at the root of the problem, as we are all aware.
I have children and it scares me immensely. I lived in London for 13 years and never saw one fight or issue. But in my home town three doors down from my family home someone got battered to death, it's all relative and unfortunate.

Nice to see Nastia’s honesty tbh
- a lot of DJs will have nights like that but it’s not reflected as they probably feel like the only thing they can post is “last night was amazing, what a great crowd!!!!”

Yep, refreshing to hear that honesty. Who was she up against in the other room?

Does anyone know how Pure Pacha is doing, following their changes this season?

What about the Hacienda in its latter days ? :idea::idea: Well documented ... gangs always the problem. https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/...s-the-secret-gangland-history-of-the-hacienda

Then there were even issues at The End and other London clubs. I'm sure quite a few on here can remember walking through an airport-style metal detector to get in ....

everything was a bit chaotic in that era because security were often in cahoots with gangs at all the raves regardless of music. in 2019, it is exceptionally rare to see violence at house/techno parties and anything that does kick off is usually the odd pisshead who picked the wrong night and who faded by 2am in any case.

You get occasional flare-ups outside Sp clubs but usually low-end latin events - have never once felt threatened by gangsters in all my years here

(probably all best for another thread. sorry for tangent)

Am no fan of the Sp cops (trust me - my mum got tear-gassed too many times in the past) but this is a British not a Spanish problem. If you wholescale export British 'urban' yoof behaviour to Spain which locals are not familiar with, then the match is lit.... We all saw what happened in Cyprus so it was madness to think IBZ would be any different. So the question needs to be asked of the Sp authorities - who sanctions these events? how are they vetted? and who is ultimately responsible?

its not only uk brits, ive seen some fights in ibz clubs (1 mate knocked out along music on amnesia(was not nearby otherwise the guy will be dead ? as no mercy to scum that punch a drunk bloke,was just putting his hands on shoulder of randoms as couldnt still stand :spank:, but it doesnt deserve a KO )& i was nearly on way to punch some guys(slap for girls?) : ims dalt villa, ushuaia ,benimussa ,privilege cox b day last year,amnesia elrow, dc10 closing...1rst row is a place u l lhave trouble with lot of peopl
lot of rude people (spain, italian, french...), booze n drug in add won't help., i try to keep calm, last time at dc10 closing 18, a girl burned my hand with her cigarette, i just told her with good manner if she minds (if i was a bad/rude boy i will smash her cig without warning) turning her cig upside down, she gave me a finger (i wisper on her ears, u burn me 2nd time im gonna make u eat ur cig, she get mad and call ita boy..a french tall ibz dj contact was close by ,but he was so on drug that couldnt help ? & thought i was the agressor, i ask 1 dc10 bouncer to move those kids as they know i never make trouble)

Last edited:
No, I don't think it's funny that Spanish authorities have to deal with it - I just don't see how your plan would work. What would the age cut-off be?

it works on multiple levels. Hotels/Rented apts ban under 25s (excluding families with minors). Airlines/Ferries don't take under 25s unless accompanied by adult OR have verifiable non-tourist reason for visting (eg authorised work permit). Brexit will perhaps mean people needing to fill out landing cards so this could be absorbed into that extra red tape anyway. Not foolproof but would send a message that Spain has had enough and would also mean a nicer holiday for the decent majority. Pikes already bans under 25s and whilst some over 25s can be annoying it is a more relaxed vibe all round.

Yep, refreshing to hear that honesty. Who was she up against in the other room?

Does anyone know how Pure Pacha is doing, following their changes this season?

She followed Joris Voorn, must have been busier when he was on as she says in her post that she emtpied the dance floor. It is good to hear that honesty in an age where all social media videos must have the crowd going wild or ice cannons etc going off. She also comments about how she just doesn't fit in following the tech-house sound.

Am no fan of the Sp cops (trust me - my mum got tear-gassed too many times in the past) but this is a British not a Spanish problem. If you wholescale export British 'urban' yoof behaviour to Spain which locals are not familiar with, then the match is lit.... We all saw what happened in Cyprus so it was madness to think IBZ would be any different. So the question needs to be asked of the Sp authorities - who sanctions these events? how are they vetted? and who is ultimately responsible?

To be fair, it is the second year this event has run, so hardly some new experience and no-one had any idea. I heard reports they only had 6 security on the event and no / very minimal searches etc. Pretty sure the promoter + hotel owner don't care at all as they'll have made LOADS of money selling Bottles of Champagne / Vodka constantly for 2 days.

it's simple. Ban British kids. turn them back at airports. or taser the fk out of them.

Come back when you've grown up!

How many times do I have to spell it out?

Go upmarket - and save local cops and hospital workers and cleaners these repulsive annual scenes.
Do that and you'll kill the Island for good...

Back