*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

There were no stabbings and this event has been on before. But don’t let facts stop you whipping up yourself into a frenzy.

Violence and stabbings in Ibiza have been connected to scouser gangs historically.

Maybe an accent test at the sleazyjet gate?

Or ban all non whites who say init.

Ban anyone who doesnt obsess over Cocoon? And ban all vip rich whites. Oh and female djs. And all inclusive families.

Just leaving the moaning middle aged middle income white men gammons. Paradise! ?

It’s a good point - a quick google search shows there is a surprisingly high amount of violence in Ibiza connected the drug trade - inevitably fuelled indirectly by dance music.

In a wider sense the money fed into criminal gangs through Ibiza’s ecstasy and cocaine use (again, thanks largely to dance music) contributes to a trade which is heavily linked to extremely serious violence all over the world. Us dance music fans have to be careful before we get too sanctimonious I think.

And saying that a whole genre of music or demographic of people should be ‘banned’ from the island because of one incident is a bit like the people who say techno should be banned when people die of ecstasy overdoses in clubs...

I'm old enough to remember the Scouse and the Glaswegians fighting over the Westend. Every morning bars would be turned over and guys filled in. Obviously still loads of violence connected to it just now but there was rarely innocent people caught up.

Ironic thing about the grime boys is that they couldn't fight sleep unless there's a firm of 40 of them. Would like to see them kick off in a place with decent security like back when DC was run by some naughty people.

Remember once seeing it kick off in DC and the bar nearest the toilet the security were going behind it and pulling out the tools and gave the lads a right pasting! Ah the good old days!:)

Do that and the Island will become 100 % VIP (exactly what we want to avoid). Ibiza should stay a place for kids first.
Or not.
Another way is possible, and already exist in a few places of the island, between Youngs on booze and drugs and vips.

Last word on this (promise!) but i think it would be sad if this gets turned into a race issue. I spent many years at London things like soul heaven, good times, muak, kiss my black ass, need 2 soul and venues like plastic people and cargo with big black turnouts and never saw any problems, because these were musically committed djs, punters, promoters, musicians, singers, collectives, breakdancers who were passionate about those nights. I worship black disco, electro, house & techno and genuinely wish more younger black people got involved in the current scene. Certainly things have changed. It’s not a race thing for me, but maybe it is an age thing?

My issue with ‘urban’ is that there is always an element that causes trouble. Grime emerged out of ‘garage’ and glasses used to get chucked around at a few local garage-y things i went to. 50/50 white/black rudeboys mainly in South London. This isn’t prejudice. This is real. I saw it. Nasty people latched on. It was very scary. And it makes me nervous because a macho vibe and the sunshine and hot girls and cocaine is a deadly brew. Like i said before, i hope i’m wrong...

Yes banning the kids probably wouldn’t work on any practical level - maybe that ain’t the solution, maybe it is more complex. i guess i get frustrated because people preach tolerance yet not everyone gets the memo. I am supposed to tolerate rowdy people on flights who would never extend me the same courtesy..

I went off on one on here today probably because i am extra-sensitive about how Brits are perceived in Spain. I work my arse off day in day out reaching out and trying to improve relations at a time when so many Spanish resent the Brits. And i’m dual national, so this kind of shit cuts to my core.

I wasn't aware the Zoo Project had three outdoor stages, where is the Living Room then? Didn't quite make it there.

Visiting the old zoo for the first time in a few weeks. Dyed Soundorom and Denny are playing and I can’t wait to have a look around the place. Time would you advise getting there? Looks like there is loads going on there

Visiting the old zoo for the first time in a few weeks. Dyed Soundorom and Denny are playing and I can’t wait to have a look around the place. Time would you advise getting there? Looks like there is loads going on there

7ish is a good time I think. maybe it isn't THAT busy yet then, but like that you can go wander around and explore it all before it properly starts going off.

There were no stabbings and this event has been on before. But don’t let facts stop you whipping up yourself into a frenzy.

Violence and stabbings in Ibiza have been connected to scouser gangs historically.

Maybe an accent test at the sleazyjet gate?

Or ban all non whites who say init.

Ban anyone who doesnt obsess over Cocoon? And ban all vip rich whites. Oh and female djs. And all inclusive families.

Just leaving the moaning middle aged middle income white men gammons. Paradise! ?
Excellent point of view.

We got there at 7 and it wasn't that busy, but it was Sept and as Stivi said it's nice to chill and look around. Seal Pit was the best for me. I didn't see the pool, but there is one if you fancied going earlier and having a dip first. Drinks are reasonable and there is food if I'm not mistaken?

defected adding a week - new closing party date 4th october instead of 27th sep.

When do you expect the big closing parties to be this year? Circo Loco ? Amensia (general), Music On Stivi?

I've won an incentive at work which is a trip to Ibiza (!) With a bunch of 40-50 year old American colleagues in October and depending on what is still open depends on whether I go or not...

When do you expect the big closing parties to be this year? Circo Loco ? Amensia (general), Music On Stivi?

I've won an incentive at work which is a trip to Ibiza (!) With a bunch of 40-50 year old American colleagues in October and depending on what is still open depends on whether I go or not...

ok so...

on a confirmed basis (confirmed by promoter, up on calendar, but that doesn't mean changes can't happen)

circoloco mon 7th oct
music on thu 10th and fri 11th oct

on a 'if I had to guess' level....and thus not confirmed at all!

amnesia sat 5th oct?
hi/ush maybe doing another odyssey sat/sun 12/13 oct?

ok so...

on a confirmed basis (confirmed by promoter, up on calendar, but that doesn't mean changes can't happen)

circoloco mon 7th oct
music on thu 10th and fri 11th oct

on a 'if I had to guess' level....and thus not confirmed at all!

amnesia sat 5th oct?
hi/ush maybe doing another odyssey sat/sun 12/13 oct?

also first week of october has lots of good stuff

cocoon closing 30th sep (and certainly afters 1st oct)

carola & cox at destino 3rd oct
destino closing 4th oct

just a few of those

Some of those names are not on my radar, but been wanting to see Dr. Rubinstein and Carista for a while now

Back