*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think he flopped with Hyte and not the other way around since the promotion itself went downhill? I'm not a Loco fan but he did bring the crowd at Hyte 2 years back

I'm simply comparing it to when dice used to pack out the terrace (like properly pack out, not just getting it busy) when he was a cocoon resident. then he first tried to do his own thing at ushuaïa with used & abused, a move a lot of his fans didn't appreciate (and the numbers spoke for themselves). after that, hyte started and even if he was one of the artists that had a certain pull (I'd never say otherwise), it wasn't comparable to when he did the same for cocoon. I'm not saying it's his own fault but neither the U&A nor HYTE were really successful projects (else they'd still be around) and he can't just be overly happy how that all went.

I'm gonna say it again but they had a chance with those live electronica bands and unique DJs they brought and I don't know why they didn't continue with them.

caribou live wasn't full sadly and that was the one gig that should have packed out the club.
I'm sorry but I disagree, experience shows that live gigs don't sell tickets here. remember the early live gigs at afterlife season one (at space)? fantastic artists playing for a few hundred people only...and a lot of them industry people that go in free anyway.

Cocoon always had a sensible approach to live acts, giving them an hour directly before Sven, or - even better - in the middle. Worked well with 2 big rooms at Amnesia. But I guess that could be in jeopardy at Pacha?

The thing with HYTE is it’s only Ibiza they struggle because of the restrictions on line ups. I know its been said before but you look at there international brand and it has to be one of the strongest around now! There NYD line up in Berlin and even their We Are FSTVL line up this year with Cox and Klock headlining are very strong indeed.

The thing with HYTE is it’s only Ibiza they struggle because of the restrictions on line ups. I know its been said before but you look at there international brand and it has to be one of the strongest around now! There NYD line up in Berlin and even their We Are FSTVL line up this year with Cox and Klock headlining are very strong indeed.

100% correct and never said otherwise.

Still though, it underlines the point that Loco Dice is not a drawer enough in himself. Look at Music On when it first started out. Marco carried it by himself until it got established and had more bargaining power with other artists. The same cannot be said of Dice.
Even when you look at Vagabundos. Okay it's been a few years since they were a force to be reckoned with, but that was Luciano's star pull factor.

Who can carry a night solo these days?

Cox? Carola? A small selection of EDM guys? Prydz and Black Coffee at Hi?
Obviously Harvey and the like are regularly holding Pikes down....

Depressing reading though....nobody new coming through.

Edit...Solomuns....how could I forget?!?

100% correct and never said otherwise.
Was there anything stopping HYTE locking in the likes of Klock and Dettmann as residence, genuine question? Because to me those 2 popped up at various events without any restrictions and could have really helped get HYTE going in Ibiza, take Maceo leaving Pacha and add him into the HYTE fold and they would have had a night that had much more pulling power than just Dice and Liebing.

Was there anything stopping HYTE locking in the likes of Klock and Dettmann as residence, genuine question? Because to me those 2 popped up at various events without any restrictions and could have really helped get HYTE going in Ibiza, take Maceo leaving Pacha and add him into the HYTE fold and they would have had a night that had much more pulling power than just Dice and Liebing.

neither ben nor marcel particularly love ibiza from what I've heard from different sources. so AFAIK they simply were never interested in having a residency with a lot of gigs in the same place. that's why they handle ibiza the way they do - they do play the odd gig here and there but that's it.

neither ben nor marcel particularly love ibiza from what I've heard from different sources. so AFAIK they simply were never interested in having a residency with a lot of gigs in the same place. that's why they handle ibiza the way they do - they do play the odd gig here and there but that's it.
Fair enough,
Berlin is there preference I guess! If
they're happy with what they have and do why bother changing it I suppose!

Who can carry a night solo these days?

Cox? Carola? A small selection of EDM guys? Prydz and Black Coffee at Hi?
Obviously Harvey and the like are regularly holding Pikes down....

Depressing reading though....nobody new coming through.

Edit...Solomuns....how could I forget?!?

why does it have to be one DJ carrying a night alone? always thought a bunch of friends doing something together would be better than just the one artist.

why does it have to be one DJ carrying a night alone? always thought a bunch of friends doing something together would be better than just the one artist.

Yes...was just thinking out aloud I guess as it is a model that traditionally has worked in Ibiza...
Think I just like the format of one or two dj's playing long sets which is what set me off thinking about it.

Yes...was just thinking out aloud I guess as it is a model that traditionally has worked in Ibiza...
Think I just like the format of one or two dj's playing long sets which is what set me off thinking about it.

ah that I also love (and you know it). think this format will still persist for some parties don't worry ;)

Cocoon always had a sensible approach to live acts, giving them an hour directly before Sven, or - even better - in the middle. Worked well with 2 big rooms at Amnesia. But I guess that could be in jeopardy at Pacha?

I was personally hoping that this would be THE format that was carried over in Pacha. i.e DJ 1 from 12-3, Live Act 3-4 and then DJ 2 from 4-Close...

I was personally hoping that this would be THE format that was carried over in Pacha. i.e DJ 1 from 12-3, Live Act 3-4 and then DJ 2 from 4-Close...

can't see this changing too much. I mean there won't be a live act every week for sure, but the long DJ sets, that should stay similar from what I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back