*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can gay clubs not be Underground??

You’ve opened a can of worms there, and probably not for a gossip forum. From a UK perspective, I fail to see what gay clubs /nights are underground these days. You could argue that Vauxhall has a number of nights that are not published, have unknown DJs etc, but I don't think any of them have music that is ground-breaking, or are still playing until 11AM Tuesday morning.

You’ve opened a can of worms there, and probably not for a gossip forum. From a UK perspective, I fail to see what gay clubs /nights are underground these days. You could argue that Vauxhall has a number of nights that are not published, have unknown DJs etc, but I don't think any of them have music that is ground-breaking, or are still playing until 11AM Tuesday morning.

Horsemeat playing ibz in sept

They keep it underground. Been a few times. Good fun. Big up the gays!

Remember Armand Van Helden got booed off the decks at Space for playing hip hop
Yep , what a tit,

Think it was lawler or j bye who stepped in , took a couple of mins to clear the beer bottles off the decks ,
No music playing!!

I have 2 terrible memories of space terrace

The other being Giles Peterson closing the terrace in 2002 ?? What a melt

If they bring in proper hip hop artists and djs then I'll respect them, but it might just be that new mumble rap Molly and Percocet shit

Wasn't gonna go to Hï anyways on a Monday..

Yo the stress of these chnages is getting to us and we're all attacking each other! Who will survive??

Yep , what a tit,

Think it was lawler or j bye who stepped in , took a couple of mins to clear the beer bottles off the decks ,
No music playing!!

I have 2 terrible memories of space terrace

The other being Giles Peterson closing the terrace in 2002 ?? What a melt

Back in those days - I recorded the entire Radio 1 Ibiza weekend output

That Peterson set was actually very good and that’s coming from someone not familiar with the genre

Just didn’t fit with the night and especially coming after Carl cox iirc

You might be surprised... he may actually turn up to one or more of these as his alias Area 21 and still have a drawing.

ha I actually had no idea about this whole project. just listened to one of their tunes (happy), not my thing at all. but point taken, it‘s possible he‘s involved who knows?

after flopping with used & abused as well as with hyte (sorry to call it out like that, but it’s a simple fact) I would tend to think that dice would stop doing experiments on the island.

What makes you think he flopped with Hyte and not the other way around since the promotion itself went downhill? I'm not a Loco fan but he did bring the crowd at Hyte 2 years back

What makes you think he flopped with Hyte and not the other way around since the promotion itself went downhill? I'm not a Loco fan but he did bring the crowd at Hyte 2 years back

Stivi is right, was hardly a roaring success though was it? The few times I went to HYTE (in Ibiza) the guest list queue was stretching back to Eivissa... and they weren't paying from what I could see. Also, and I rarely say this about DJs (as each to their own), but I just don't think Loco is that good anymore. And I actually quite liked his sound 2011-13.

Stivi is right, was hardly a roaring success though was it? The few times I went to HYTE (in Ibiza) the guest list queue was stretching back to Eivissa... and they weren't paying from what I could see. Also, and I rarely say this about DJs (as each to their own), but I just don't think Loco is that good anymore. And I actually quite liked his sound 2011-13.

I can believe this becuase outside a few dates the lineups were kinda wack last year. I'm gonna say it again but they had a chance with those live electronica bands and unique DJs they brought and I don't know why they didn't continue with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back