*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shame...was a massive gamble. Had some decent underground DJ's lined up but mixed with some strange choices...and way too many for each night. I couldn't really see which direction they wanted to go in. If I did head to ibiza this year i probably would have avoided really due to choice of venue.

Eden Es paradise still struggling for hosting parties...
other parisian friend (last name on flyer) just announce his residency Eden, just hope this party won't be a flop .
I may have a go in case no interesting lineup Dc10 Circoloco/Pyramid amnesia, Pikes hotel & so on...(No flower Power party for sure , this party is a Joke, Rocker Addict sayin :p add cheezy dance 90 music :D)

35280133_10156609089348919_6507166493308878848_n.jpg

Nailed it.

I'm still astounded how I can be sat at my desk, stone cold sober after a good nights sleep and hearing a great piece of music - or better yet, a phenomenal new piece of music - can get my serotonin firing. That is a gift that MDMA has given me. No f***in' regrets.

I don't encourage drug use to anybody who is anti. But, if you haven't experienced this rush, you're missing out bro.

I thought it was just me but honestly this sounds hippy but I find an appreciation for the smaller things in life or nature... And also I went through a stage of wanting retro things or reliving childhood memories as for some reason I kept harping back to those feels growing up... So I actually got myself an N64 with Zelda and Mario kart

a lot of the soulful yanks have a totally different outlook - they take everything far more seriously and often treat it as an extension of church! this can be traced right back to the beginning. E was a broadly European thing whereas the only yanks who did it were a few gay clubs or hippies at west coast raves. that has changed a bit over the last 10 years but imo soulful house never really evolves at all (though the southport/suncebeat crew on here might beg to differ?)
Not one for getting involved in discussion and i know you're generalising, but this aint exactly true. The east coast was awash 01-02 when i worked there, not to the extent of UK but there was plenty

Not one for getting involved in discussion and i know you're generalising, but this aint exactly true. The east coast was awash 01-02 when i worked there, not to the extent of UK but there was plenty

ok i stand corrected

but I do need to dig up some old MAW interviews where they said they couldn't quite believe the state of the people they saw in London :lol:

looking at that "moments in ibiza" above, there are some very big names on there - but booking them to play SA seems a bit over-ambitious given that most of the younger punters will have no idea who they are. eg Inner City were huge in the charts but who would remember them now?

looking at that "moments in ibiza" above, there are some very big names on there - but booking them to play SA seems a bit over-ambitious given that most of the younger punters will have no idea who they are. eg Inner City were huge in the charts but who would remember them now?

i think you have a good point there. those acts and djs do have good pull to them but i reckon would attract better crowds elsewhere (perhaps even better ones if the party were not in IBZ at all).

the product looks fine, whether they've placed it right is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back