*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be right for solomun

What makes you think that out of interest? He has a 20+ night residency at Pacha + 4 or 5 LIVE dates, and the ability to play Circo, Cocoon etc. He has the best deal of the lot IMO! Of all the people that have residencies in Ibiza, I'd bet Solomun is the most relaxed man of them all. He just has to add a +1 each Sunday without the pressure of having to curate a night with 5-6 DJs a week (with limited options due to other contracts). Take a night at another club and you have the pressure of filling 2-3 rooms week after week. Maybe I am miles off on this, but I'd bet he'll sign on the Pacha dotted line again...

I agree with both of you. No doubt he has been very happy at Pacha and has a very simple format that works. I can just see there being a small chance of him moving with the added draw of being able to play Ushuaia week in week out....toying with the format wouldn't be a massive stretch - he can keep one room as plus one and then the other rooms are diynamic.

Maybe that is a temptation for him, but is Ushuaia really that much of a draw for him? What you describe of Ushuaia + a room in the space that was space + filling another room with diynamic DJs isn't an easy task! That is a monumentally large residency week in and week out...

What makes you think that out of interest? He has a 20+ night residency at Pacha + 4 or 5 LIVE dates, and the ability to play Circo, Cocoon etc. He has the best deal of the lot IMO! Of all the people that have residencies in Ibiza, I'd bet Solomun is the most relaxed man of them all. He just has to add a +1 each Sunday without the pressure of having to curate a night with 5-6 DJs a week (with limited options due to other contracts). Take a night at another club and you have the pressure of filling 2-3 rooms week after week. Maybe I am miles off on this, but I'd bet he'll sign on the Pacha dotted line again...
I agree with both of you. No doubt he has been very happy at Pacha and has a very simple format that works. I can just see there being a small chance of him moving with the added draw of being able to play Ushuaia week in week out....toying with the format wouldn't be a massive stretch - he can keep one room as plus one and then the other rooms are diynamic.
Maybe that is a temptation for him, but is Ushuaia really that much of a draw for him? What you describe of Ushuaia + a room in the space that was space + filling another room with diynamic DJs isn't an easy task! That is a monumentally large residency week in and week out...

@white_isle_calling has already got the gossip. Solomons to Es Paradis

I completely agree - he has it made over there, why make any changes?

I understand he is slightly outgrowing the venue from a capacity perspective, but there is something really special about that party at Pacha. I've never had a reason to go to Pacha for any event, on any year before he arrived and he has completely changed my opinion on the club. The atmosphere in there on a Solomun+1 night is one of the best things you can experience on the island. He literally takes the roof clean off!

I think Carola moving seems more likely to me, but only time will tell. This gossip thread is going to explode come next spring :D

It's all about money; more "day"parties than his parties at destino (no hassle from neighbours) and a bigger room (discoteca)

I disagree. Pacha = 21+ week season. Nobody can fill Ushuaia (or Old Space for that matter) for a 21 week season. I stand corrected if there is an example.

Maybe financially it wouldn't be an obvious move. Unless of course Matutes is prepared to throw so much money at Solomun he doesn't care if his margin isn't as good as Pacha's??

Maybe Solomun feels like a new challenge? Can his night at Pacha grow more than it already has?? Aside from adding extra weeks to the start/end of the season what else can he/they do? I agree, it's a cushty number and a great position to be in, but why not try something new?

Btw, I'm not suggesting that he should move, just that he might have a different attitude towards it. Personally I hope he stays.

Last edited:
minds me back in 2005 when Steve Lawler done his own night on a Thursday (viva) instead of Sundays at space..which was packed prior to him moving-very poor night and only the terrace was open due to lack of numbers.

Sasha also did the same and had his Fundacion night there too, i think they did them in rotation, I only remember seeing Sasha when I went, unfortunately it wasn't busy either, don't think either nights came back the following year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back